Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St George SMP 1st & 2nd Post up your videos!!

Should do a group buy
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I never blip the throttle, and I really mean NEVER. In all my riding years, I've simply never got the hang of the 'blip'. Every time I try, I release and reapply the front brake in conjunction with the blip. Clearly I'm unco or something

But do you need the blip? Clearly not. Sure, it'd be better for the bike (I guess.... source on this??) but I've also never - touch wood - damaged a gearbox or fried a clutch in years of racing. So yes, it sounds awesome and I'd love to be able to do it, but I'm yet to see any evidence that not doing it is particularly bad. And this was even the case on my old Honda with no slipper clutch! Just banged down the gears and let the clutch out gently going into turns.....
    This!! Down to the old honda with no slipper clutch! hahahaha Not riding on the road also severely limits my opportunities to learn that skill but I don't think I've ever missed it...

You get what you pay for.

The LI are great in many ways - picture quality is fantastic, and the sticky mounts are better than GoPro. They are small and light. But the 'covers' were designed by imbeciles - they don't actually attach to the camera!!!! Fuck me; who would've thought that you'd want a protective cover that actually PROTECTS the camera. Engineers need not apply...

And the buttons are waaaay too small and hard to press. You've got to hold in the 'on' button for some length of time to turn it on, then you have to WAIT(!!!!!) some further length of time (undetermined) before you can press the 'record' button. HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's seriously the dumbest fucking thing I have ever encountered in an electronic consumer product outside of an Apple device.

Imagine someone wanting to use a VIDEO CAMERA to, oh I dunno, RECORD VIDEO?!?!?!? And not be able to do it with one press of a button. Or, failing that, even two presses in succession. But to have to WAIT between presses is just FUCKING NUTS. It doesn't even indicate when the waiting period is up - you have to guess. And the penalty for getting it wrong is missing out on recording your only race win of the weekend!!

Plus you can't read the screen to save your life. So it doesn't start recording, or runs out of battery, or the card is full at the critical moment and you can't FUCKING tell.

Whew. Sorry about that. I feel better now.
    Nick i was almost laughing reading your opinion on the LI camera's, but thank you for sharing, you've stopped me making a purchase i might honestly regret. "you get what you pay for" I'm a believer!
    Anyone else share any thoughts on GoPro verses Replay XD/Mini? I've had only good to great experience with my older GoPro's so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispy09 View Post
    Nick i was almost laughing reading your opinion on the LI camera's, but thank you for sharing, you've stopped me making a purchase i might honestly regret. "you get what you pay for" I'm a believer!
    Anyone else share any thoughts on GoPro verses Replay XD/Mini? I've had only good to great experience with my older GoPro's so far.
    Like seriously Power on and Record... on a video camera.... is it that hard to get it right?

Shouldn't be, right? Even just 'saving' the button press for Record and triggering record mode when it's ready to record would work fine.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I run the gopro but currently bought a Replay XD

The go pros are good and simple to use. Good battery life and quality video.

The only thing I hate about them are the mounts and the shear bulk of them.

I always have a feeling the weight of the go pro will tear off the double sided tape mount.

The replay I bought shoots in 1080p as well as the go pro.
    Battery life is less but really when races and sessions are less than 15 mins is it really relevant?

The Replay is much much smaller which I really really like!

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Oh so much want!! I have the same issue as you marshy. When I blip the throttle under hard braking my bike tends to pogo back and forth as my fingers modulate the brake pressure :( Used to be a lot worse, hoping I can fix it with practice ... or win the lottery and buy one of these auto blippers
    I find that when I am braking early and not as aggressive the lever can modulate a little on the blip as it has more lever to pull, but when braking under racing conditions with the brakes under full load + a little more leaver the blip doesn't affect it as there is no more lever to pull

Don't buy from KOGAN
    To be a gopro reseller you need to have a shop front, kogan get around this buy buying all there gopro's into Hong Kong and ship to a whorehouse in Aus they erase the gopro serial numbers and replace it with there own number, this voids gopro warranty and you can no longer update your gopro through the gopro website (you need to call Kogan tech)

Kogan warranty is bullshit my usb slot fell out
    Kogan:What is the over all condtion of the gopro?
    Shippy: I have only used it twice its pretty much perfect the usb slot just fell out
    Kogan:As the unit has suffered physical damage, we can not offer to assess this under warranty.

Kogan will not reply to any further emails

Now I know I am kinda to blame, but I wasn't rough with it...... anyways I did some googleing and it seems to be common, and gopro replace the cameras straight up when the usb slot fails
    Last edited by shippy__; 09-02-2014 at 08:22 AM.

[quote name="chrispy09" post=8626]Nick i was almost laughing reading your opinion on the LI camera's, but thank you for sharing, you've stopped me making a purchase i might honestly regret. "you get what you pay for" I'm a believer!

I run the gopro but currently bought a Replay XD

The go pros are good and simple to use. Good battery life and quality video.

The only thing I hate about them are the mounts and the shear bulk of them.

I always have a feeling the weight of the go pro will tear off the double sided tape mount.

The replay I bought shoots in 1080p as well as the go pro.

Battery life is less but really when races and sessions are less than 15 mins is it really relevant?

The Replay is much much smaller which I really really like!

Chubb, nice! Thanks for the reply.
    I have the same thoughts and concerns about the mounts re gopro

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry the quote strings didn't work. Thanks Chubb and shippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took me a while......

Sunday Race #3- 600cc Modern.
    Data from Harry's Lap timer overlaid with Race Render 3. Took about 2 mins to synchronise Vid #1, Vid #2 and the data with the new version

and working backwards now, here's race #2- 600cc Modern

Here's race 12 on Sunday. I attempted to make a rear view mirror style effect. I think it kind of works ok

http://youtu.be/IWCoWMVLags

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Here's race 12 on Sunday. I attempted to make a rear view mirror style effect. I think it kind of works ok

http://youtu.be/IWCoWMVLags

You seriously need to work on your T9... losing over a sec there every lap bar one! It seems it's taking you a little too long to get the bike on its side there... and braking a bit too much as well. Again, hard to tell by just looking at the video but you can clearly see that without that corner you'd finish a good 2-3 spots ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    You seriously need to work on your T9... losing over a sec there every lap bar one! It seems it's taking you a little too long to get the bike on its side there... and braking a bit too much as well. Again, hard to tell by just looking at the video but you can clearly see that without that corner you'd finish a good 2-3 spots ahead.
    Yeh I know, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had close to zero engine braking, it was like pulling the clutch in with the front brakes. So T1, T2, T9 every lap was stuffed I'd bomb in with no mechanical grip at the rear, I could've cried. Every race from the exit of T12 to the exit of T2 I'd lose places/distance then make it up, lose ground again at T9, make it back up just in time to do it all again.

I really shoulda pulled the clutch out of it on Saturday night, but turns out I didn't have enough spares anyway. The main cause of the problem from what I can see was the clutch springs have sagged along with the stack height wearing down and was engaging the slipper way to easily. I think I've been abusing the clutch hard in the course of learning how to take advantage of it.

Look how glazed the plates were (bottom) and after (top)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392191764.295486.jpg

Always next time to go round and round.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Yeh I know, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had close to zero engine braking, it was like pulling the clutch in with the front brakes. So T1, T2, T9 every lap was stuffed I'd bomb in with no mechanical grip at the rear, I could've cried. Every race from the exit of T12 to the exit of T2 I'd lose places/distance then make it up, lose ground again at T9, make it back up just in time to do it all again.

I really shoulda pulled the clutch out of it on Saturday night, but turns out I didn't have enough spares anyway. The main cause of the problem from what I can see was the clutch springs have sagged along with the stack height wearing down and was engaging the slipper way to easily. I think I've been abusing the clutch hard in the course of learning how to take advantage of it.

Look how glazed the plates were (bottom) and after (top)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392191764.295486.jpg
    Mmmmm, toasty!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Always next time to go round and round.
    Yep as they say "we're not racing for sheep stations". Just gotta learn how often to check the clutch so I don't get caught out again!

my first time on the north circut, lots of errors lots of room for improvement

That's some nice riding!! I bet you were breathing hard after the moment with Oggy at 4:15.....

Looks fast. I'd be holding 4th into turn 10 (or turn 16, or whatever it's called now). And over the hill out of 3, I hold 3rd, saving another gear change. Good speed and lines through turn 1

That's some nice riding!! I bet you were breathing hard after the moment with Oggy at 4:15.....

Looks fast. I'd be holding 4th into turn 10 (or turn 16, or whatever it's called now). And over the hill out of 3, I hold 3rd, saving another gear change. Good speed and lines through turn 1
    thanks marshy....nah no hard breathing, I was more annoyed that oggy had the line and I had to chop it.... I had no idea it was oggy untill you pointed it out
    Last edited by shippy__; 19-02-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Good move on the outside of 11 though... it took more balls than I'd have I reckon. Then again it might be 'cause everytime I tried something similar I got pushed out... to a point where the outside wall and I nearly high 5'ed.

Good bit of riding mate,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Good move on the outside of 11 though... it took more balls than I'd have I reckon. Then again it might be 'cause everytime I tried something similar I got pushed out... to a point where the outside wall and I nearly high 5'ed.
    It's going around the outside of 10 to have the inside line to 11 which is bloody difficult.

Need to carry A LOT more corner speed than what I thought. Saw Wetty pulled that on Marshy last year and I tried it this year when I was absolutely knacked on the last club sport race.

Went around the outside of Cliffy at 10 but did not have enough corner speed to put my front wheel in front of his at 11.

I learnt from that, and now it's my favourite last-lap overtaking spot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneg View Post
    Good bit of riding mate,

thanks mate, cant wait till im ready to state that.... you just reminded me I need to order a foot peg bung off you

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    It's going around the outside of 10 to have the inside line to 11 which is bloody difficult.

Need to carry A LOT more corner speed than what I thought. Saw Wetty pulled that on Marshy last year and I tried it this year when I was absolutely knacked on the last club sport race.

Went around the outside of Cliffy at 10 but did not have enough corner speed to put my front wheel in front of his at 11.
    Yep that's a tough one too... my problem with overtaking on the outside of T11 is that I think it's hard to gauge how fast/soon the other rider will drift out or not. That's pretty much how I've been caught out most times... thought the dude would actually make the apex at least. He didn't. I didn't. He drifted wide... I drifted to the grass.

did anyone notice how loose the bike is ?
    I like loose but coming over the crest out of 3 it can get nasty. On Sunday I left it in third and just kept WOT over the crest, massive head shake so I got off it, only to find I had no front brake for turn 4 and it was to late for a second grab just coasted as deep as I could then rolled on the throttle ( I didn't know I could carry that much speed though 4 lol)

When I shift up to 4th over the crest it puts a little more weight on the front and doesn't get violent

question here
    http://www.tarmactalk.com/forum/show...=9031#post9031

Well I think its been long enough Mr Marsh...Where are your video's?

Well i think its been long enough ... anyone got any vids of Baddie riding that hondawaki...

Time to come and play with us at the ardc ...

although he did tell me he had done a 1:46 on the gp last week and did a session in red

did anyone here see it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Well I think its been long enough Mr Marsh...Where are your video's?
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Unless it's on the internet.

It's not official.

Nick I think the links broken .. I havent won anything yet
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

You first need to deposit $1,000 into my Western Union account, so I can pay my agent to transfer the $10,000 into your account.

Thread Information