Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St George SMP 1st & 2nd Post up your videos!!

St George SMP 1st & 2nd Post up your videos!!

Post em up!!

I'll start.. This is race 2 on the Saturday in clubby..

Last edited by chubb; 03-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.

I think my setting on the go pro either needs to be improved or windows movie maker is cropping them when I don't want them to

ninja edit.. I tried saving it in widescreen now... looks better.. uploading to see if it works

ninja ninja edit.. .fixed it with widescreen
    Last edited by chubb; 03-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.

nice and fast and smooth

Race 1 (stupid rear camera didnt work properly... user error me thinks!)

This is Race 3..

got hit by Shane Ryan and lost spots..

I still got lots of time to make up in a few different spots.. need to keep improving!

At a guess I'm gonna say you recorded those on 960p hey?

Great racing tho!

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.laws...2075670&type=3

some piccies, I still have a bunch to edit, will take me a while to get through them all, I got most of the guys on here

Well done chubb. Thanks for posting. I've been sick as a dog and couldn't even get out to watch. I had intended to flag at least one day. Lack of $$$ prevented me from entering. Turned out for the best. Would have killed me just getting the bike off the trailer.
    Now just need you to go out in unlimited so I can see what to expect there. lol
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/andrew.laws...2075670&type=3

some piccies, I still have a bunch to edit, will take me a while to get through them all, I got most of the guys on here
    Love the one you got of me talking to the ambos! Took a good 2 minutes to convince them i was ok hahah

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    Love the one you got of me talking to the ambos! Took a good 2 minutes to convince them i was ok hahah
    You should see when you have a mouthgaurd in and your helmet still on. They thought I was touched

took me 2 minutes in my last crash to convince them to let me take my helmet off so I could spit my mouthguard out

Ok, I know this is a video thread, but I was looking through some pics of the weekend and thought one looked really familiar. So I looked through some photos for the November round last year and found there's an uncanny similarity!

Feb_2014.jpgNov_2013.jpg
    2004 Suzuki Gixxer 600 Clubsport #59

Wow!! It's like deja vu all over again!

That's very cool. The biggest difference is now that Gaz (#37) has Superbike Source fairings, so the orange is actually bright Repsol orange, not the washed out one that he had before.....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Here is what the back of the pack is like!!

Restart of first clubby race on sunday.

Here's the video from 1st race on Sunday and my fuck up start

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Here is what the back of the pack is like!!

Restart of first clubby race on sunday.

hmmk... I shouldn't even be posting this 'cause if I ever go back to racing you'll be starting in front of me so I'm basically (and hypothetically) shooting my own foot here but...

WHAT'S WITH SHORT SHIFTING A 600 OFF THE START?? I actually did a double take on your tacho to make sure it wasn't a blade...

Seriously, you could have at least stayed with the pack if you had gone for it, after 1st gear chances of your bike lifting a wheel more than say 5" off the ground (let alone flipping) are very low... then again, I did the same thing on my first ever race start so if that's the case I understand how overwhelming the first time can be! The way I see it, the start is a drag race. And you don't short shift on a drag race!!!!

Also, please don't follow Stu23's school of using the clutch to upshit! Even he saw the light eventually even if it took buying a quickshifter...

Ps: CAPs + Red font = do not do it again!!!
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 05-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Here it is....

The controversial first lap of Race #1. 600cc Modern that setup the Handicap victory on the weekend.
    Don't forget to add the 6 ½ sec's it took me to cross the start line after completely fudging the start. It was potentially my best lap of the weekend as far as the red mist is concerned.
    I rode in anger and was doing well, until my quick shifter separated from the shift rod coming into T2......

Last edited by Saturnalian; 05-02-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Here it is....

The controversial first lap of Race #1. 600cc Modern that setup the Handicap victory on the weekend.
    Don't forget to add the 6 ½ sec's it took me to cross the start line after completely fudging the start. It was potentially my best lap of the weekend as far as the red mist is concerned.
    I rode in anger and was doing well, until my quick shifter separated from the shift rod coming into T2......

Nice shot of me getting my front cut off on t2 and me locking up the front wheel , right foot leg goes in the air then saves it to rejoin. (Around the 0:37 mark)
    Last edited by BoB; 05-02-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    hmmk... I shouldn't even be posting this 'cause if I ever go back to racing you'll be starting in front of me so I'm basically (and hypothetically) shooting my own foot here but...

WHAT'S WITH SHORT SHIFTING A 600 OFF THE START?? I actually did a double take on your tacho to make sure it wasn't a blade...

Seriously, you could have at least stayed with the pack if you had gone for it, after 1st gear chances of your bike lifting a wheel more than say 5" off the ground (let alone flipping) are very low... then again, I did the same thing on my first ever race start so if that's the case I understand how overwhelming the first time can be! The way I see it, the start is a drag race. And you don't short shift on a drag race!!!!

Also, please don't follow Stu23's school of using the clutch to upshit! Even he saw the light eventually even if it took buying a quickshifter...

Ps: CAPs + Red font = do not do it again!!!
    jeez, settle pettle!

I never said I was any good!

Short shift was a mistak,....and its not like im goin to shift back down, already lost position, no need to lose more!
    I am very much a rookie with much to learn, still learning the bike really.... Only had the 600 since August, [insert more excuses here]....
    The first 500 metres of a race is something i need to focus on as i lost a heap of positions in almost every start.... off the mark is ok but from there to turn 2 is my failing, but thanks for the advice!

ps. Quick shifter is at the top of the list!

Hahaha this is making me smile.... yes QS=good

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    jeez, settle pettle!

I never said I was any good!

Short shift was a mistak,....and its not like im goin to shift back down, already lost position, no need to lose more!
    I am very much a rookie with much to learn, still learning the bike really.... Only had the 600 since August, [insert more excuses here]....
    The first 500 metres of a race is something i need to focus on as i lost a heap of positions in almost every start.... off the mark is ok but from there to turn 2 is my failing, but thanks for the advice!

ps. Quick shifter is at the top of the list!
    Now that is something I can really help you with!! You should hear some of the excuses I came up with over the years... true classics! To this day, kids still talk about it during their lunch breaks at school.

Also, sorry if the previous post came out a bit rude (well, prob 'cause it was)... I suck at starts and first laps myself but I've learned one thing though: Aggression. Without it, your first lap will ALWAYS suck and I struggle with too. With the race only being 5 laps long, you're lucky to get back 30% of what you lose in the first lap. I haven't raced much (and for a loooooooong time) but I remember aiming for a 1st lap under 1:52 (never got one!) which would be my race pace + 6secs for the stationary start. And you case you're wondering, I pulled that formula out of my ass but it seems to work somewhat.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 05-02-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Here it is....

Fuck R6s are quick. You absolutely annihilated James down the straight after giving him 200m head start.
    do a burnout

Ps. that overlay software is fantastic!

Here is the second race Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Fuck R6s are quick. You absolutely annihilated James down the straight after giving him 200m head start.
    And then James rode really well all Sunday and kept sticking it to me....

Short vid just before the battery runs out has Oggy almost collecting me on T11.

Sat race 8 600cc

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Ps. that overlay software is fantastic!
    Thats the iPhone App i use for my timing. All of the overlay processing is done within the phone.
    If you record the video from the phone it automatically syncs it and processes it for you but i imported the footage from my camera's and then told it where the finish line was in each clip.

You can actually use the App to sync with Wifi GoPro's and trigger them to start recording when you cross a GPS point that you've chosen.
    Crazy shit.

j.

Race 2 600cc rear camera north circuit saturday , which took forever to get going .(starts around 1:38)

Nice wheelie from oggy no.22

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Another awful start and many mistakes!

But are you having fun James? You'll fix mistakes over time with the right approach. At least you're out there having a go and not procrastinating like me and others. Well not all procrastinating some of it is purely financial. Thanks for posting.
    Come on you other slackers with all the cams out there where are the vids. Marshy???
    Got to get my fix somehow.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Short vid just before the battery runs out has Oggy almost collecting me on T11.

Sat race 8 600cc

Maybe he thought the new part added was part of the course...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    But are you having fun James?

Having an absolute ball!!!

Ok Medic here is another one for you. It was one of my best times of the day on the last lap with a 1:45

There was a yellow flag on T5/6 (4:50)but green on T8 , the guy i passed wasnt too happy with me as he said i passed him on a yellow but it looked green to me (5:02) .

I didnt back off once i passed him even though the next guy was a long way off and not many laps left .. Managed to catch and pass him just before the finish line , makes up for him cutting me up on t1 off the start line.. he he .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Come on you other slackers with all the cams out there where are the vids. Marshy???
    Got to get my fix somehow.
    I had issues with the bloody Liquid image dumb things on Sat, and missed some of the best races, including the thrilling (only) race that I won by a fraction of a second. I was so disappointed I haven't bothered with the others I will get to them...

well I talked with Senator about getting one of those replay ones..

I borrowed the gopro on Sat and was thinking of getting another but they're bloody exxy for what they are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I've got a brand new one of those Replay things for sale at the moment Chubb. its in my last for sale post.
    They're what i use.

J.

I borrowed the gopro on Sat and was thinking of getting another but they're bloody exxy for what they are!!!
    You get what you pay for.

The LI are great in many ways - picture quality is fantastic, and the sticky mounts are better than GoPro. They are small and light. But the 'covers' were designed by imbeciles - they don't actually attach to the camera!!!! Fuck me; who would've thought that you'd want a protective cover that actually PROTECTS the camera. Engineers need not apply...

And the buttons are waaaay too small and hard to press. You've got to hold in the 'on' button for some length of time to turn it on, then you have to WAIT(!!!!!) some further length of time (undetermined) before you can press the 'record' button. HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's seriously the dumbest fucking thing I have ever encountered in an electronic consumer product outside of an Apple device.

Imagine someone wanting to use a VIDEO CAMERA to, oh I dunno, RECORD VIDEO?!?!?!? And not be able to do it with one press of a button. Or, failing that, even two presses in succession. But to have to WAIT between presses is just FUCKING NUTS. It doesn't even indicate when the waiting period is up - you have to guess. And the penalty for getting it wrong is missing out on recording your only race win of the weekend!!

Plus you can't read the screen to save your life. So it doesn't start recording, or runs out of battery, or the card is full at the critical moment and you can't FUCKING tell.

Whew. Sorry about that. I feel better now.

Well definitely no to liquid image then

my rear facing liquid image stopped recording half way through most races....... have put on 2 firmware updates to correct it..... will see how it goes later

Well definitely no to liquid image then
    I haven't had any trouble with mine but you don't want to be in a rush to get the recording started. I think it's good value at $150-odd.

I haven't had any trouble with mine but you don't want to be in a rush to get the recording started. I think it's good value at $150-odd.
    Well I am going to try those replay ones that Jamie and Rick were talking to me about.

Just mount it on the rear and if it's good then I'll get the mini one for the front and mount it in a way such that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb which the go pro currently does.

Then Kelly can use the go pro on her bike and when she goes snowboarding and all that.

Ibut you don't want to be in a rush to get the recording started.
    What, like when the 2 minute siren has just gone off, and you need to start your bike, put your helmet on, put your gloves on, turn off tyre warmers, remove tyre warmers, remove bike stands, turn on front camera, turn on rear camera....... So yeah, no rush. And having to wait like 20 seconds between holding down the 'on' button and then going back and holding down the 'record' button doesn't really matter at all.....

Well I am going to try those replay ones that Jamie and Rick were talking to me about.
    Just check the button press sequence first!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    You get what you pay for.

The LI are great in many ways - picture quality is fantastic, and the sticky mounts are better than GoPro. They are small and light. But the 'covers' were designed by imbeciles - they don't actually attach to the camera!!!! Fuck me; who would've thought that you'd want a protective cover that actually PROTECTS the camera. Engineers need not apply...

And the buttons are waaaay too small and hard to press. You've got to hold in the 'on' button for some length of time to turn it on, then you have to WAIT(!!!!!) some further length of time (undetermined) before you can press the 'record' button. HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's seriously the dumbest fucking thing I have ever encountered in an electronic consumer product outside of an Apple device.

Imagine someone wanting to use a VIDEO CAMERA to, oh I dunno, RECORD VIDEO?!?!?!? And not be able to do it with one press of a button. Or, failing that, even two presses in succession. But to have to WAIT between presses is just FUCKING NUTS. It doesn't even indicate when the waiting period is up - you have to guess. And the penalty for getting it wrong is missing out on recording your only race win of the weekend!!

Plus you can't read the screen to save your life. So it doesn't start recording, or runs out of battery, or the card is full at the critical moment and you can't FUCKING tell.

Whew. Sorry about that. I feel better now.
    I have the exact same issues Nick . to the point i now have a routine , its not the best way to have to record but its working for me at the moment ..

2 minute horn goes .. turn on front and rear camera , then turn warmers off and take front warmer off and front wheel stand , on the way to the rear end of bike turn on record (2nd button) on both cameras . then take rear stand and warmer off . If the display is flashing (or you can check the light on the front of the camera ) then you know its recording. The led on the front of the camera can be turned off in the settings if yours isnt working.

Yes its the only thing i dont like about the LI .

The cover i hold in place by a small cable tie . This cover also doubles up as another means of holding to the bike (lanyard ) . You dont even need to have the cover on as its the camera that mounts , unlike the gopro which the cover is the mount not the camera . Which covers are you using nick Nick ?

I saw shippys gopro at the weekend (damaged input socket) and for the money i would go L.I anyday over gopro.

cover with cable tie pic
    2014-02-06 12.47.26.jpg
    Last edited by BoB; 06-02-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

What, like when the 2 minute siren has just gone off, and you need to start your bike, put your helmet on, put your gloves on, turn off tyre warmers, remove tyre warmers, remove bike stands, turn on front camera, turn on rear camera....... So yeah, no rush. And having to wait like 20 seconds between holding down the 'on' button and then going back and holding down the 'record' button doesn't really matter at all.....
    If the camera is already on you just need to press the record button for a couple of seconds which is doable. You forgot to start lap timer as well!

Then again I haven't tried to get 100 cameras going either haha

Just check the button press sequence first!!
    Seemed pretty straightforward.

Press the power then press record like the go pro.

Apparently there is a one touch record as well !

Seemed pretty straightforward.

Press the power then press record like the go pro.

Apparently there is a one touch record as well !
    The first thing I do on the GoPro is set it to 1-touch record. It's really 1-touch.... just a quick push does it; no need to hold it down.

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    cover with cable tie pic
    2014-02-06 12.47.26.jpg
    I have these covers too. But I have tapes them on to the camera with duct tape. And I have lockwired the cover to the bike, so to remove the camera I just untape it from the cover and leave the cover hanging from the lockwire on the bike....

I have these covers too. But I have tapes them on to the camera with duct tape. And I have lockwired the cover to the bike, so to remove the camera I just untape it from the cover and leave the cover hanging from the lockwire on the bike....
    with the cable tie you just slide it down towards the mount then the cover can pull forward and still be lockwired / cable tied to the bike . Nick the small cable tie would be far easier than the tape , but i know you have a thing for duct tape
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I'd suggest taping over the SD card slots. Of the three camera on the bike, two self ejected the SD cards when I binned the old gal. I went back after the end of racing on Sat and surprisingly found the large SD card from the Go Pro ... the little one from the tail is still out there at T4b aka T9 aka T15 ...

The LI ones (ground down on one side a bit but seem robust) faired better than the Go Pro (which I think still works), but it exploded out of the case with battery's / lids / parts everywhere. I'm glad I had pockets in the leathers to put the parts of three cameras for later reassembly!

Thread Information