Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St George SMP 1st & 2nd Post up your videos!!

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Another awful start and many mistakes!

That was MUUUCH better than the other one! Seriously, a lot more aggressive! Loved the overtake into T9... even thought you'd get crossed there but you made the apex! Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Seemed pretty straightforward.

Press the power then press record like the go pro.

Apparently there is a one touch record as well !
    I'm a big fan of the Replay XD. They're rock solid.
    They don't move in the mount, you can crash with them and run over them.

They are full 1080 HD, although i use mine at 720 to get the 60fps rate.
    The earliest models had some average batteries but this is no longer a problem in all of the recent releases.

I use a Replay XD 1080 front cam and tried out a new Replay XD 1080 Mini as my rear camera at St George.
    The audio in my vids is actually from the rear camera this time around.

They're easy to put anywhere on the bike as well, and with the case design, don't need protecting from the weather in any way.
    Can't say enough good things about them.

As far as an out of the way front mount you can see my front camera with the yellow arrow on the attached image.
    There you go.

J.
    1598842_787403704606458_570291675_o.jpg

Another awful start and many mistakes!

Dude, i was pissed when you passed me on the inside going into 4. Sooo pissed..... but i had nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Dude, i was pissed when you passed me on the inside going into 4. Sooo pissed..... but i had nothing
    I love going on the inside of 4.

I'm a big fan of the Replay XD. They're rock solid.
    They don't move in the mount, you can crash with them and run over them.

They are full 1080 HD, although i use mine at 720 to get the 60fps rate.
    The earliest models had some average batteries but this is no longer a problem in all of the recent releases.

I use a Replay XD 1080 front cam and tried out a new Replay XD 1080 Mini as my rear camera at St George.
    The audio in my vids is actually from the rear camera this time around.

They're easy to put anywhere on the bike as well, and with the case design, don't need protecting from the weather in any way.
    Can't say enough good things about them.

As far as an out of the way front mount you can see my front camera with the yellow arrow on the attached image.
    There you go.

J.
    1598842_787403704606458_570291675_o.jpg

So the one I got is a recent release?

So the one I got is a recent release?
    The one you got is a brand new camera, latest release, picked up last week to replace another that i'd bought secondhand a year ago.
    I'd already bought the mini the same week i got the approval for the warrant replacement.

Win , and win....

Well if it works well I will buy the mini to mount up the front.

All I can say is BigW $48. So simple I can use it even with gloves. 3SIXT.Not as fancy as the others and probably lots less functions but for the price I can't fault it.
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    .. Managed to catch and pass him just before the finish line , makes up for him cutting me up on t1 off the start line.. he he
    Smoked him on the straight there. Was the guy you passed at t8 anywhere near you at the finish?
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Race 3 Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Smoked him on the straight there. Was the guy you passed at t8 anywhere near you at the finish?
    I finished with race time 9:09.09 , guy on the white cbr was 9:09.19 and the guy at T8 was 9:15.44

then James crossed the line just behind with a 9:15.50 . Close one there James.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Race 3 Sunday
    You should just tuck in behind me on the straight. No need to go past like that.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Here is what the back of the pack is like!!

Restart of first clubby race on sunday.

I swear I'm gonna buy you a quickshifter for valentines day!! Please tell me you have a slipper clutch??

Nice pass at turn 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    You should just tuck in behind me on the straight. No need to go past like that.
    Nope. I can't take you around the corners ....

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    I swear I'm gonna buy you a quickshifter for valentines day!! Please tell me you have a slipper clutch??
    At least lets teach him how to upshift without the damn clutch!!!!!! Far out!

No slipper on the Hooooondas.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Slippers are cheating haha
    do a burnout

Everything is cheating!
    do a burnout

I keep thinking the dude in the red leathers with the white tail on his bike is me.
    do a burnout

Hahaha Cheers Steve! I''l hold you to that.

I need some enlightening on this topic.... so i should always be upshifting without clutch (without a QS)?

Anyone know this guy?

Jospeh Vella I think. Hit the ground pretty hard, hope he is ok....?

Hahaha Cheers Steve! I''l hold you to that.

I need some enlightening on this topic.... so i should always be upshifting without clutch (without a QS)?
    So road...
    do a burnout

Was smiling pretty hard under my helmet at that point! I'm not good enough to guive you the finger yet! Next time tho...

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    So road...
    *Dirt

Anyone know this guy?

That is a pretty spectacular thump :(
    do a burnout

Anyone know this guy?

You did well not to collect his bike coming through t2 james, looks pretty close.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Was smiling pretty hard under my helmet at that point! I'm not good enough to guive you the finger yet! Next time tho...
    That bit I can teach you. I practiced all day Sunday with Mario flagging on T9
    Do you have a Roady as well. I used to do a 5km round ride once a week where I'd practice clutchless upshifts one way and clutch less downshifts back home. It's a good skill to have to "know your gearbox"

Are clutch less downshifts really necessary? Seems like putting extra load on the gearbox at a point where you could use clutch with out losing time. Or is this another slipper clutch move?
    do a burnout

I have a roady, but I have almost zero desire to ride on the roads these days. Should probably sell it and buy another tracky.
    I know how to clucthless shift (do it between t2 and t3 every lap)....for some reason I have it in my head that clutch upshift will help somewhat to gearbox preservation? n***a whaaaat?

You did well not to collect his bike coming through t2 james, looks pretty close.
    I thought I was going to collect his front wheel. Almost prepparing for impact at that point.

Are clutch less downshifts really necessary? Seems like putting extra load on the gearbox at a point where you could use clutch with out losing time. Or is this another slipper clutch move?
    Nope, not necessary at all (or recommended), but I once did the whole 4 hour with no clutch lever - so clutchless up and down shifts all day! Veeeeery interesting day....

As Jamie said, it's a useful skill to have in your bag of tricks, and also contributes significantly to your overall mechanical knowledge. If you know how something works, you know better how to ride so as not to hurt/break it.

Should probably sell it and buy another tracky.
    Yes yes. Do this. But don't just buy another old banger Honda.

What is it with you and Dan anyway? Quality over quantity, fellas, ok? What's the point of buying a shed full of crappy bikes, when you could have one or two good bikes?!?!?

HEY! Its only dans shed that is full of shitters.
    Mine is quite nice!

I like the idea of a UA (unfair advantage (R6)), but I don't want to be cheating just yet.

I think ive pretty much convinced myself to sell the roady. Could get multiple bikes with the proceeds!

Street triple r anyone??

Mine is quite nice!
    I stand corrected, sorry.

Could get multiple bikes with the proceeds!
    WHAT DID WE JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yes yes. Do this. But don't just buy another old banger Honda.

What is it with you and Dan anyway? Quality over quantity, fellas, ok? What's the point of buying a shed full of crappy bikes, when you could have one or two good bikes?!?!?
    lol

Depends how you want to spend your money I guess. I get a lot of pleasure playing around and riding my old two strokes. At this stage I don't really see the point in dropping $7/8/9k on a wiz bang R6 when I'd have more fun having with the Gixxer and a RD350 and a H1500. Allocating funds to derive maximum satisfaction and all that (plus I'm saving to go to the World Cup which will probably cost 1.5-2 R6s).

Next year I'll probably be looking at getting a newer bike but for the moment I'm happy going around people on 'better' bikes on my rattle can gixxer.

You should be happy I'm not on a R6 mate I'd be breathing down your neck before you know it

Mine is quite nice!

I like the idea of a UA (unfair advantage (R6)), but I don't want to be cheating just yet.

I think ive pretty much convinced myself to sell the roady. Could get multiple bikes with the proceeds!

Street triple r anyone??
    pfft shitters. Classics mate, classics.

I stand corrected, sorry.

WHAT DID WE JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Sheesh!

Sat race 12 600 clubby.

http://youtu.be/PBxPuNec8YI

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Sat race 12 600 clubby.

i enjoyed this one marty , shows the difference in the corners speeds .. Gives me some direction where im really slow and you nail me . Thanks for posting up. .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

plus I'm saving to go to the World Cup which will probably cost 1.5-2 R6s).
    I think I'll see you there then!

Anyone know this guy?

I'm not against using the rear brake but that was some pretty poor application of the device I must say...

i enjoyed this one marty , shows the difference in the corners speeds .. Gives me some direction where im really slow and you nail me . Thanks for posting up. .
    Thanks mate, I've been doing the same thing. It's the first time I've ran two cams, it's really good to see where I'm strong and how/why people get passed me. I gotta stop leaving the door wide open entering T2!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I'm not against using the rear brake but that was some pretty poor application of the device I must say...
    I thought the same. From where I sit I think he could have made the turn if he went for it.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Sat race 12 600 clubby.

Just want to ask what is with the holding in of the clutch lever in turn 1? Sounds like your waiting before you shift down for what seems like an eternity.

Also you need to use more track!! You've got so much more useable space to run out for your exit drive. I think it was michaelt that told me that last year and what a difference it makes!

St George SMP 1st & 2nd Post up your videos!!

Just want to ask what is with the holding in of the clutch lever in turn 1? Sounds like your waiting before you shift down for what seems like an eternity.

Also you need to use more track!! You've got so much more useable space to run out for your exit drive. I think it was michaelt that told me that last year and what a difference it makes!
    My slipper clutch was fucked, the shift was made before I tipped in. i had zero engine braking all weekend ;( i had to ride the brakes so much through T1 just to stop it running off the track. Can u hear it slip when I pick up the throttle? Thanks for the tip, I'll try and run it out more. I need to try and tip into 1 later aswell.
    Last edited by Marty; 07-02-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Nope, not necessary at all (or recommended), but I once did the whole 4 hour with no clutch lever - so clutchless up and down shifts all day! Veeeeery interesting day....

As Jamie said, it's a useful skill to have in your bag of tricks, and also contributes significantly to your overall mechanical knowledge. If you know how something works, you know better how to ride so as not to hurt/break it.
    Yea I got taught how to shift down without clutch at a Bernie Hatton course at the farm. You basically put pressure on the gear lever first them give a healthy rev whilst simultaneously pushing down (in street pattern) for the gear down. When you get it right it's cool & sounds cool but you don't always get it right. And if you were to get it wrong hard on the breaks coming into a corner I reckon it would cause you to run on at the very least.

So I totally agree it's a good skill to learn just in case you ever need it but I'd use for emergencies only. I can't help but think MotoGP bikes have slipper clutches for a reason and I've seen they always use the clutch for every downshift even when it's multiple downshifts from 5th to 2nd or whatever. You can see with onboard footage they pull the clutch in rapid fire for each downshift. I really don't know why Bernie Hatton teaches this, CSS sure don't and nobody fast I've ever asked about it has agreed with it. Maybe it's a road riding tip or something...

+1 on this. Thats exactly where i was coming from. Its all about being able to, and understanding how the bits work but there is more to it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Yea I got taught how to shift down without clutch at a Bernie Hatton course at the farm. You basically put pressure on the gear lever first them give a healthy rev whilst simultaneously pushing down (in street pattern) for the gear down. When you get it right it's cool & sounds cool but you don't always get it right. And if you were to get it wrong hard on the breaks coming into a corner I reckon it would cause you to run on at the very least.

So I totally agree it's a good skill to learn just in case you ever need it but I'd use for emergencies only. I can't help but think MotoGP bikes have slipper clutches for a reason and I've seen they always use the clutch for every downshift even when it's multiple downshifts from 5th to 2nd or whatever. You can see with onboard footage they pull the clutch in rapid fire for each downshift. I really don't know why Bernie Hatton teaches this, CSS sure don't and nobody fast I've ever asked about it has agreed with it. Maybe it's a road riding tip or something...
    Hang on a second Spilly. Lets expand on this more, do you blip your throttle on downshifts. We all do, well Nick doesn't, but it sounds fucking awesome.
    But we really do this to unload the gearbox so we can use less clutch and get our shifts done quicker under hard braking. Just the same as every MotoGP and in Particular World Superbike / Supersport rider i've watched. You know those guys on the machines "just like" ours. Have you ever looked at their throttle hand when they're coming into a corner.
    That throttle blip is to aid the gearbox. Or do you do it to keep your rev's up ? Its only got 2 wheels, not 18.

Why not use this skill/ drill to find out exactly how little we need to blip that throttle on our bikes in order to make those gear changes smoother and quicker so we can do it more efficiently and quicker on the track.
    Thats why he teaches you that drill, and thats why i practiced it
    Last edited by Saturnalian; 08-02-2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Nick doesn't Blip

I never blip the throttle, and I really mean NEVER. In all my riding years, I've simply never got the hang of the 'blip'. Every time I try, I release and reapply the front brake in conjunction with the blip. Clearly I'm unco or something

But do you need the blip? Clearly not. Sure, it'd be better for the bike (I guess.... source on this??) but I've also never - touch wood - damaged a gearbox or fried a clutch in years of racing. So yes, it sounds awesome and I'd love to be able to do it, but I'm yet to see any evidence that not doing it is particularly bad. And this was even the case on my old Honda with no slipper clutch! Just banged down the gears and let the clutch out gently going into turns.....

I was waiting for this response Nick.
    In the hope that you'd be the first to try one of these.....

http://www.bikehps.com/cabs/

No ones saying you need to do anything. And as is the way with technology i'm sure it will eventually be a thing of the past.
    That being said I have personally never seen the really fast guys not do it.

And i love my bike, i'll do most anything to help extend its longevity and reliability, especially the little parts that i can't see.

No ones saying you need to do anything. And as is the way with technology i'm sure it will eventually be a thing of the past.

And i love my bike, i'll do most anything to help extend its longevity and reliability, especially the little parts that i can't see.
    Oh so much want!! I have the same issue as you marshy. When I blip the throttle under hard braking my bike tends to pogo back and forth as my fingers modulate the brake pressure :( Used to be a lot worse, hoping I can fix it with practice ... or win the lottery and buy one of these auto blippers
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

That is pretty cool.
    do a burnout

Thread Information