Thread: R6 Exhausts & Mapping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

R6 Exhausts & Mapping

Hi All,

Looking to replace the Graves slip on that is on my R6, principally because it's cracked at the mounting point and also because it rubs on the swingarm. At the moment the bike is also pretty loud, so loud that I have a suspicion that one or more of the exhaust valves is not completely seating or sealing in the head. I'm going to have take the engine out of the frame, and i figure whilst I'm doing all this surgery I may as well look into exhaust options.

In theory the bike I have is making 117 HP (Peak @ 15,100) and 57Nm peak, with a pretty flat torque curve from ~11,000 to 14,800 rpm. That said, it doesn't feel like it, feels slower than the old 09 Daytona 675, which was both heavier and produced less peak power with taller gearing (better torque curve though)...

So, 1st question:
    Compared to the current setup (stock headers + aftermarket midpipe & slip on), do you see any worthwhile power/torque gains (or changes in the shape of the torque curve) from a full race system?
    Or,
    Do you really only see substantial gains (10%+) if you go the whole hog and do the cams, intake work, velocity stacks and airbox mods etc?

2nd question:
    Which places in a Sydney can remap the stock ECU on a dyno?
    (seems like a cheaper and better option than a Bazzazz or PC5 interceptor with ignition timing modules etc).

I reckon I'll try and get a dyno pull done with an AFR reading and see what it tells me, see if it looks anything like the dyno map for this bike from 2010.

Cheers
    Last edited by No_Style; 07-02-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Thread Information