Thread: Feb 16th SMSP Gp circuit

Feb 16th SMSP Gp circuit

Anyone going??? If so come say hi to Stu23 and me, we will be in one of the garages next to pit exit

Thanks Rusty for the ride... hope your back stops playing up for PI WSBK

yup........ rusty who is not quite so rusty needs to get that back right your a lucky chap Carl to have friends like this....... see you all Sunday

Spilly and I are booked in. Fingers x'ed for the weather....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

aye hoping it stays dry...... i need to get my bike handling ... just getting it into a corner would be a bonus !!!

Has it been raining over there ... every day in Perth has been clear skies and 32+ ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    aye hoping it stays dry...... i need to get my bike handling ... just getting it into a corner would be a bonus !!!
    Just twiddle the right knobs...

ill try

Surely you're experienced at twiddling your knobs, Stu.

Seriously though, it sounds more fundamental than a few clickers. Happy to have a look if you like.

Cheers Nick........ I have had the forks rebuilt refreshed and slightly modified to bring the ohlins forks up to date internally, the rear was rebuilt and refreshed again..... I had to race it as was last st george, not enough time to set up ( even forgot to set sag on Sat !! ) , so hoping for some dry time so i can get it how i like it... Ive lengthened the wheelbase too so need to get the geometry right too

Carl wants a go on it too haha should be good seeing as i didnt even have the new engine dynoed either for the race meet...... but its right and ready go now Yeehaaaa it should fly
    Last edited by Stu23; 14-02-2014 at 08:47 AM.

it'd bloody take off if you put wings on it... jeez... I need some of your moolah...

Just finished packing. Ready for tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Just finished packing. Ready for tomorrow!!
    did you even bother to unpack, it looks like it's been wet all day?
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Unpacked the bikes, just for the visual pleasure of staring at them.... didn't bother getting out the rest of the gear (suit, warmers etc). Then packed up after lunch and just got home now, not having turned a wheel. Bummer.

Bugger.

Ahhh ya big wuss Marshy... it wasnt so bad, I did more session than the rest of the ECRD staff combined!!! LOLOL Riding in the wet is great fun, letting the bike move around and focussing on being smooth with everything. I was playing in yellow passing people everywhere but should have been the fastest in green or in red group according to everyone who was watching... Also, Dad and i have just realised, i have never ridden on tyres that are anywhere near in good condition!!!!!! I was riding on Dad's wets that were bought two years ago and had done 2 race meets + trackdays etc etc... They have deado now, completely cooked. Even in the Dry the tyres i use are pretty much dead at the start of the day

Normally I love riding in the wet (and you know that you just can't buy wet race practice), but I didn't want to risk the ankle for no real benefit. Oh, and your sponsored fairings will be at the track tomorrow (with Spilly) for your dad to pick up. I meant to include a new screen as well, but Steve left before I remembered. I will get one to you, along with some stickers to adorn the new paintwork (when you finish fixing it)!

Pooh new fairings Carl???

hahaha thanks Marshy!! Screen would be great too and yes when i find a suitable place for stickers they will be applied.... A spare set of fairings is always usefull Chubb, plus i can paint them whatever colours i like becuase they arn't dad's

awesome Nick... brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Pooh new fairings Carl???
    Some crashed ones, in need of some TLC.

But i didnt crash them!! Just making that clear......

Thread Information