Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FXRRC Round 2 + enduro

FXRRC Round 2 + enduro

There's a couple of things I didn't realise when I entered the FXRRC round 1 last Sunday. First, that I'd enjoy it so much! The unusually beautiful Goulburn weather played a large part, I suspect. And secondly that round two was so close to round 1!! April 19 and 20. So.... who's up for it??

The Sunday is an 'enduro', similar to the St George 4-hour (which makes sense, because TON has copied St George for the rest of the series too - which is no bad thing, as St George has a pretty good formula going). No details of the format or rules are out yet, which is also pretty standard.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

FXRRC Round 2 + enduro

Hmmmm it's on my birthday weekend. But I'm working.... Boo!!! 20th is free day though!

And I'm spending two days with Bernie Hatton the following week!!

Bah I need more money so I can go into all of these races that I'm missing out on!!!!

thats easter long weekend, but still i could be tempted.

I am aiming for the enduro

not sure about the Saturday though

Doing Saturday...no plans for Sunday as I don't know what the rules are and it's a bit late to organise a team
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    I don't know what the rules are and it's a bit late to organise a team
    It's a common theme with motorcycle racing of late..... All of ASBK for 2014, FX Supersport, FX Ninja Cup, FX RRC, the ill-fated FX-500....

It's not rocket science. I don't understand why it's so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It's not rocket science. I don't understand why it's so hard.
    you'd have thought after all his years of practice you'd have race meet rules down pat :-(

I read where he is so stressed about getting the swann series up and running to the point where it's all consuming??? I don't find running my business is overly stressful or all consuming

I've often thought about running race meets and the improvements I'd make, maybe in retirement I'll join him and make his life a bit easier lol
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

I don't find running my business is overly stressful or all consuming
    Agreed. It's all about time management and being organised.

maybe in retirement I'll join him and make his life a bit easier lol
    He'd never let you.

Definitely looking at going, will hopefully have the bike sorted before then!!

Trying to weigh up whether or not to get full blown race license or just get a 1 meet one and do this one

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Trying to weigh up whether or not to get full blown race license or just get a 1 meet one and do this one
    fuck your scales must be worn out

just get the bloody license

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    fuck your scales must be worn out

You get $20 back from each track day, and you can do ARDC Private Practice days (like this Friday), which are cheaper and betterer than track days - race meet rules, so cameras and lap timers are allowed etc. Unless you do virtually no track days/private practice days, you get your money back on the full licence. Note that only Senior National licences are eligible for ARDC days.

Oh, you could get a AASA licence instead of MA. It's a fair bit cheaper, and if you only want to do FX events, then it'll be fine. It won't work for St George (except Wakefield, I think, where it'll be fine. Double check that, though, because it changes year to year).

Race licence is a no brainer..... I'm with shippy - just get one already!

I am very keen for both round 2 and the enduro event!! It's how weekends should be spent.

dont shoot me down if I am wrong... I just got off the phone to formula extreme, the receptionist said entry to the endurance race could be $10 posibly free ? supps and regs wont be out for a week or 2 as they are snowed under with there other series

Nup surely I have been bullshited

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Holy shit imagine that
    do a burnout

Why is it so difficult to get them out just go to StG site, copy, paste, done haha
    do a burnout

You get $20 back from each track day, and you can do ARDC Private Practice days (like this Friday), which are cheaper and betterer than track days - race meet rules, so cameras and lap timers are allowed etc. Unless you do virtually no track days/private practice days, you get your money back on the full licence. Note that only Senior National licences are eligible for ARDC days.

Oh, you could get a AASA licence instead of MA. It's a fair bit cheaper, and if you only want to do FX events, then it'll be fine. It won't work for St George (except Wakefield, I think, where it'll be fine. Double check that, though, because it changes year to year).
    You can do ARDC days with the AASA as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    You can do ARDC days with the AASA as well
    That seems like a much better proposition then, I'm unlikely to race other than Wacky this year

That seems like a much better proposition then, I'm unlikely to race other than Wacky this year
    No StG November???
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    No StG November???
    Not if I want something to tow the bike to the track with, I am buying a ute I can either race at wacky or do November.

I hate being responsible and saving...
    buying a house will do that :(

cant find any info on this on fx website yet, anyone know more?

Called them today they supps and regs should be up by the end of the week

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Hopefully 'championship' (it sounds like too grand a word for a 3 day club series) standings too......

QUOTE FX website

Endurance Race
    We had intended and planned to run a relay endurance race on the Easter Weekend Sunday, similar to the St George 4 Hour, unfortunately Gloria and I have been completely snowed under with getting the first round of the Swann Superbike Series up and running which has left us with no time to organise the Endurance race. Many of you knew about this event and for those of you who were looking forward to it please accept our apology for not being able to put it on and while it won’t happen for 2014 we will be better organised for 2015. However for this year we have still have made the Easter weekend a big weekend for racing at Wakefield Park Raceway and hope you and your racing friends would like to take part in some great racing.

FX round 2 has been moved to the Sunday 20th April.

There will be a ride day on Saturday 19th April, there is a discounted fee for FXRRC Competitors of $145 (normal ride day fee $179).

Entry form and Regs:http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtr...RC%20Final.pdf
    Last edited by shippy__; 22-03-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Hmmmm I might be in then.

Another enduro event announced and cancelled......

yeah, just saw that :(

entry confirmed... yew

I'm still waiting for the series points to be posted before I enter. I've emailed terry a week ago, but no reply.

looking forward to no handicap bullshit

I'm gonna bite the bullet and enter tomorrow!

I entered yesterday. I missed it, but the series points are out..... Any idea how they are gonna split the dozen or so people that are going to equally win the series?? Suddenly the handicap makes some sort of sense

Here: http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtr...s%20Points.pdf

Yeah. Those aren't even close those points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertolucci, John Fraser and myself all won the same race, same class.

When will I find out if I get my preferred racing number? 16 over 216

I am looking to do Saturday and Sunday. Anyone want to share a garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Bertolucci, John Fraser and myself all won the same race, same class.

Huh? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    When will I find out if I get my preferred racing number? 16 over 216
    You could email gloria. And check the results from Round 1 - was anyone running 16 in your class then? If not, you're probably ok.

Shit. I've gotta cut some numbers for you!! And I just shipped your clipon bars today, which would've been the perfect opportunity.....

I will get on it!

You could email gloria. And check the results from Round 1 - was anyone running 16 in your class then? If not, you're probably ok.

Shit. I've gotta cut some numbers for you!! And I just shipped your clipon bars today, which would've been the perfect opportunity.....

I will get on it!
    dont get to carried away, I will find out if 16 is mine first

nope looks like no one was using 16 at round 1

If it's your MA riding number wouldn't you get preference? Or is this a AASA (?) vibe
    do a burnout

216 is my MA number and being a 3 digit number its a tight sqeeze to keep the rules happy and to make it look half decent

Just haven't got around to it so I entered as 16 since its already on the bike

Yeah I changed to a two digit number cause 3 is too hard to fit and look good (cause it HAS to look good)
    do a burnout

Correct. It is totally, totally about looks!

If you can't make it look good then what is the point???

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    If you can't make it look good then what is the point???
    Riding bikes and having fun is the point. Working on them and making them look pretty, not so much. My ugly bike is just as much fun to ride as all of your pretty ones.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Riding bikes and having fun is the point. Working on them and making them look pretty, not so much. My ugly bike is just as much fun to ride as all of your pretty ones.
    Preaching to the choir here!
    do a burnout

Thread Information