Thread: Clubsport Build- Finally......

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clubsport Build- Finally......

Its great to get home after a month away and find that most of the bits for the new project have arrived in my absence.

As you may recall i picked up an 08 plated 09 from the auctions the week before i went away and spent a night stripping it down to nothing.
    Judging by the flat centred touring tyres it had done a lot of km's but for the most part remained pretty well stock. A good place to start.

Its personality indicated that it was a commuter bike that had never been thrashed but was definitely well loved. Time and the Dyno results will tell.
    While i've been away the engine has been ripped out and sent away for a freshen up and the frame gone off to Laurie Alderton for a straightening and checking.

The plan is to retire my 2010 R6 back to Road duties and eventually sell it and buy a new roadie later in the year.

in the meantime the next step is to strip the panda down and remove all of the race goodies on it like the Ohlins, Brembo, Power Commander, Full akra system, quick shifter etc and begin fitting up the Clubsport bike which will finally be a dedicated track/ race bike.

I should be able to shave a few more kilo's off it now with the YEC loom and ECU, motoholders subframe etc. Can't wait to get building and then get riding again.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Saturnalian; 12-04-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Thread Information