Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, new member here.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post

It was interesting going into the new section thinking there wasn't room to get around people before that downhill lefthander, then I think it may have been you Nelso? Got passed me in the switchbacks at the top very nice and smoothly, lot more room through there than I realised!

Another guy, one of the scrutineers who checked my bike in the morning, passed me in a couple of sessions, once out of that downhill tight hairpin, so fast an smooth, was amazing, so awesome to watch! I chatted to him in the cafe, said it was unreal!

Yeah, yesterday Slow bro made sure I understood that passing on the new section was very possible... Bastard.

I must be too polite (or slow), but polite sounds better.

slowbro wasn't so slow yesterday he was really moving

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Hey Jamie,

I saw Mr.Ed riding today!
    Get out !!

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    is that the marine carpet we took to the RSPCA and put in the kitten cage for a day ?
    Ouch. Thats dark

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Get out !!
    long time since I've seen him out but I think this is him riding..

Is that a new helmet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

maybe I got the wrong brazilian

Deceptive and misleading conduct
    do a burnout

Same brazilian, old helmet... Not the best field of vision so I didn't use it much but seeing as the old one touched down when I crashed at WP it's been retired!

Ps: thx for the tag, Rancell! Even if looking at those pics kinda hurt my ego now... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Deceptive and misleading conduct
    That's him alright... Lol

The NOT so slow bro

Last edited by Mr.Ed; 29-04-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Is that a Knee down I see Noel???? Hell yeah!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Nearly an elbow down, really... But enough about him. We don't want to give him a big(ger) head, right?! hahaha

Hahahaaa.... we need to sort out number boards on yours Ed...its begging for it... otherwise... it looks like mine...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Yeah her 'landlord' is always going on and on about it too hahaha 'it's too black... let's do some number boards... needs stickers... do you want the wheels painted or what?"

at least someone is loving her.. It would take him half an hour max to do it...most of the time is masking.. and if you don't like it...paint it again...

And the wheels... well that would kill it.. Nike
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I did a session at the end of the day with him on Saturday and he has improved remarkably! I was blown away by how much he has improved in the last few months.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Ps: thx for the tag, Rancell! Even if looking at those pics kinda hurt my ego now... Lol
    Lol. It's a long way from your elbow dragging shots, but it won't take too many track days before it all comes back. It's just good to see you are back out there again!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Lol. It's a long way from your elbow dragging shots, but it won't take too many track days before it all comes back. It's just good to see you are back out there again!
    Thanks, mate! But if Monday was anything to go by, it will take a loooong time... hahahahaha then again I only did 3 sessions and I'd never ridden the South Circuit before or ridden on Bridgies (how's that for a excuse combo??).

Still, barely broke the 1:10 mark and even pulled in early 'cause I was tired. All is not well with my riding.

It takes a while to regain both bike fitness and confidence after an extended break, particularly one caused by serious injury. Pat yourself on the back for getting out there at all, and give it another crack asap. There's no point in pushing too hard and staying out on track too long - more short sessions is better than fewer long ones.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It takes a while to regain both bike fitness and confidence after an extended break, particularly one caused by serious injury. Pat yourself on the back for getting out there at all, and give it another crack asap. There's no point in pushing too hard and staying out on track too long - more short sessions is better than fewer long ones.
    Sure felt that way re the fitness after coming back from 3 months off track. I was finding it hard to finish a session over both my recent days. I had ridden 30km to work and back each day over those 3 months, so commuting is obviously not a good fitness regime for track. It still feels all wrong, but it feels a little bit better. I'm not caring about lap times, just want to have fun again.

Too true! I'd only managed to get one ride in, in the partial wet in a month leading up to the trackdays on sat and monday. Sunday morning I woke up and my legs were toast. I spent a good half hour rolling around on a foam roller to try and get them back to a bit better. After monday they were a little better, but wow. Full circuit especially is one tiring motherbitch.

My legs were killing me the next day as well... but I find that when that happens it's usually more of a sign of poor body position than lack of fitness. The proof is that my left leg will hurt a lot more than the right one due to EC having a lot more left turns, which means I'm weighing the inside peg when I shouldn't.

When my body position is ok, I can do a whole day and not even get jelly legs at all regardless of how unfit I am hahaha On Monday, however, after the second session I could barely get off the bike!!

But yeah, I'm unfit. My cardio is good still 'cause I play basketball twice a week but I still felt it on other areas of my body like neck muscles, triceps (again, poor body position) and etc. Basically, I need to get off my a$$ more often and maybe lift something heavier than a glass.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 01-05-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Hahahah, I hear that. Interesting on body position. I found after my first day back doing trackdays in December, I was pretty sore all over. I put it down to being tense as all get out. Was getting headshake in a LOT of areas on the track, was starting to tinker with suspension a little, mentioned it to a mate and he told me to relax my grip a little. I did next lap coming onto the straight and realised just how hard I was gripping the bars before! My body position I haven't even really thought about. Not having done any schools or whatnot I don't really have any point of reference that being followed by an instructor would be pointed out?

guess one of the things it comes down to is relaxed is smooth, smooth is fast. Then again, thinking to much makes my brain ache, I'll just aim to have fun!

I need to stop riding on the balls of my feet... tough to change that now but I have to start trying at some stage. Bad habits die hard.

Thread Information