Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX RRC round 2 videos!!

FX RRC round 2 videos!!

First race of Pro-Twins. Lots of action (two crashes!) in this one - until about lap 3, where it settles down completely.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Good job on race 1, mate! From dead last to 3rd wasn't too bad, hey! Also, how settled is the front end of the Ape... Gee-zoos. I don't know if it's the camera angle or where it's mounted but it almost looks likes there are no bumps at Wakefield in your video!! Under brakes into 10 and the thing barely moves... much respect was had from my end.

Ps: I'm almost more impressed with you waking up early and posting up a video after a race weekend than I am with your riding... almost. hahaha

Hahaha thanks Ed!! I actually did the video last night. I was soooo tired, but still wired from the day's racing.

I was massively impressed with the front end! I spent all day Saturday tweaking it (raising the oil level, making geometry changes by moving the forks in the triples, preload changes, and clicker changes), and whilst I added just a touch too much oil - and couldn't get it out again!!! - it simply transformed the front of the bike. I couldn't believe the lean angle it would hold!! Totally on a par with the R6 now, but with more grunt and better brakes. It's a phenomenal bike. I also changed the rear shock for an Ohlins out of a Factory, which was better than the Sachs, particularly the high-speed damping.

I had a previous PB at Wakey of a 1:03.8 on the R6, although lately I've been struggling to get into the 4s. From memory at the last St George round there, I only managed one lap in the 4s all weekend. On the Ape, I did a best of a 1:02.1, and lots and lots of other laps in the 2s. Mostly in traffic.

Does this mean you are dropping the r6 and entering the ape in st George now?

1.02.1 well done Marshy!!

Thanks mate!!

Yep Negro, I reckon I will do just that. I've gone from being in lust with the sexy Italian to being in love.....

But like any hot love affair, she is costing me a fortune! This one is in tyres.

Dibs on R6 parts

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Dibs on R6 parts
    I will draw up a list, when I find a sheet of paper big enough!

First Superbikes race:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I will draw up a list, when I find a sheet of paper big enough!
    clubsport 2015 blown wide open
    do a burnout

Race 3 start in the 600s. Starting from the back of the grid after a DNF in race 2 due to electrical problems.. Massive endo into T3 under brakes, my fault!

changed your undies after Brad?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    clubsport 2015 blown wide open
    This year too, Dan. I'm gonna stick with the Ape from now on.

changed your undies after Brad?
    Yep! lol thought i was going to end up in the back of someone

This year too, Dan. I'm gonna stick with the Ape from now on.
    you are flooding the r6 market now haha

Well layby Nick??

Nice work Nick! Like a Duc to water or a Ape to the forest
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    Race 3 start in the 600s. Starting from the back of the grid after a DNF in race 2 due to electrical problems.. Massive endo into T3 under brakes, my fault!

bet james had to change his skins after as well (blue cbr)

great start from the back!

First time at Wakefield, Qually was my first time on track and did a 109.7
    Did a 106.6 the lap before I crashed.

So I crashed out, I ran off onto the grass and managed to keep it upright but I was to eager to get back on, I gassed it up trying to get back on and it flicked me off on the grass....... Dislocated AC the bike seem alright just cosmetic really

Race 3 600's

I crashed out, If you listen you can hear the GB slider pop off when the 2 bikes touch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXcPQAh39E

Race 2 600's

I chased Stuart most of the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UTs6bqP7Q

Race 1 600's

still uploading, I chased Joe Camilleri most of it then got him on the checkerd flag hahah

7 16 Matthew Shipp (NSW) Matthew Shipp Yamaha R6 D 7 8:00.1220 4 1:06.8760
    8 41 Joe Camilleri (NSW) CJ's Motorcycles Suzuki GSXR600 D 7 8:00.1370 3 1:07.3570
    Last edited by shippy__; 22-04-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Nice work Nick! Like a Duc to water or a Ape to the forest

was any one there taking photos ?

shippy can you send me a pic on how you did your mount for the dash??

The off-road part of your crash was remarkably similar to mine... lol

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post

So I crashed out, I ran off onto the grass and managed to keep it upright but I was to eager to get back on, I gassed it up trying to get back on and it flicked me off on the grass....... Dislocated AC the bike seem alright just cosmetic really

Race 3 600's

I crashed out, If you listen you can hear the GB slider pop off when the 2 bikes touch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXcPQAh39E

Race 2 600's

Race 1 600's

still uploading, I chased Joe Camilleri most of it then got him on the checkerd flag hahah

7 16 Matthew Shipp (NSW) Matthew Shipp Yamaha R6 D 7 8:00.1220 4 1:06.8760
    8 41 Joe Camilleri (NSW) CJ's Motorcycles Suzuki GSXR600 D 7 8:00.1370 3 1:07.3570

in the 3rd race why didn't you go on the inside of turn 10 instead of trying to go round the outside of the white Honda for like 3 or 4 times???

I was cheering you on watching it in my office going "go on the inside the INSIDE!!!"

was any one there taking photos ?
    Ray Oxford and Phillip Veneris (both are on facebook).

in the 3rd race why didn't you go on the inside of turn 10 instead of trying to go round the outside of the white Honda for like 3 or 4 times???

I was cheering you on watching it in my office going "go on the inside the INSIDE!!!"
    Inexperience possibly... I was pretty happy with where I was in the field it might sound silly but I was just trying to finish the day as I was lining up for a day grade trophy
    Last edited by shippy__; 22-04-2014 at 07:59 PM.

shippy can you send me a pic on how you did your mount for the dash??

its as simple as it looks, i just hijacked the brake reservoir bolt
    Last edited by shippy__; 22-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.

No bolt through the triple under where the gopro mount is?

no only 1 hex screw that is visible in the photo

Cool cheers

Unreal mate!! Nice riding. I can't believe you were almost rounding Stu up around the outside of T4!

Gotta watch those downshifts though.... there's no rev limiter on downshifts, and a couple of times (one in particular) where you downshifted to 2nd going into T10 and nearly lunched the engine. The valves would've been kissing the piston face there. Also into T1 and T2, you always do a quick downshift to 4th too early, then nice late additional downshifts near turn-in.

But I'm still very impressed!! Nice work.

I should add that watching your vids has me wanting to keep the R6 (at least one)!!!

Much appreciated feed back thank you

That would be damn annoying ... saved it then the grass flick ... hope you are on the mend soon ... do you know how many weeks?

Was great racing I wanted to stay with the leaders but I just couldn't do it had a great time as always, racing is waay too much fun

I should add that watching your vids has me wanting to keep the R6 (at least one)!!!
    No.....Just think Italian beauties.

I hope you are working On Fx advertising ASAP.

Maybe this well help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YhfeeuO5L0

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    Wow! That does help!

Hi mate, sounds like for your first time ever at WP you did really well, bigger balls than me rocking up for a club race without ever being on the track before

I how long until the shoulder is fixed?

Wow! That does help!

Dammit, it requires brain activity??? I'm out

Shoulder should be a few weeks, it's feeling better already..Although on Sunday looking at the X rays it looked like you could fit a golf ball under the ac joint, I will try and get copies of X rays on Monday

First time at Wakefield was awesome, Qually was 15 minutes so I set aside 8 minutes for practice and 7 minutes for Qually it worked out well mid grid.

I had a good day. I improved my PB by 4.1 seconds from last st George. Best lap was a 106.5 on old tyres too. Had good fun chasing Shippy and Stu all day.

http://youtu.be/0YqKD5VdDCs

I'm really starting to like this track, I'm going to start doing more track days down there this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was chasing you in some of the races ! great riding, smooth and fast

So basically you were out there racing and we didn't get a report?! What gives...

Ps: I'm blaming it on your dad for the time being... lol

Sorry Ed........ Carl signed in on my puter !! i havnt signed back in as myself ( stu ) he will be racing soon !!

See... I knew it was your fault! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    I was chasing you in some of the races ! great riding, smooth and fast
    Thanks Stu!

So...what a great weekend it was! Great weather and a great bunch of peeps!

It was my fist time at WP for the ride day on the saturday and racing for the sunday - actually WP is only the second circuit I have ever ridden.
    The circuit is a little tricky, my first encounter with hard breaking while leaning. But after a few laps I really enjoyed this track!

Racing was epic! A few close calls kept my butthole pret-ty tense!

My best time was 1.08.845, otherwise I was consistent with 1.09s.

As you can probably see in the vids I suffered a little from incorrect gearing but my biggest issue was the silly mistakes I continued to make through out the day. I lost count of the amount of times I told myself "I can do that corner WAY faster" or "why am I going so slow through here?" or "why the hell did I do that?!?" etc.
    Otherwise I could feel myself improving all weekend.

Starts were pretty average until the last race. More revs, slower clutch!

Really stoked to grab place for D grade!
    Garage 28 was definitely the garage to be in with all 3 of us managing a trophy! Well done Marty and Trent!

Well done Marshy and Tyre Slayer also! Some impressive and entertaining racing!

Shippy - sucks about your off but good to hear its not that savage! Hope it heals quick. Good job on your racing tho - except the jump start(s). might want to work on that!

Race 4

Race 9

Race 14

Race 19

OK here is my gopro for the last race for Retro 600cc. Good footage for James and a post race mono by Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDa6...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    So...what a great weekend it was! Great weather and a great bunch of peeps!

It was my fist time at WP for the ride day on the saturday and racing for the sunday - actually WP is only the second circuit I have ever ridden.
    The circuit is a little tricky, my first encounter with hard breaking while leaning. But after a few laps I really enjoyed this track!

Racing was epic! A few close calls kept my butthole pret-ty tense!

My best time was 1.08.845, otherwise I was consistent with 1.09s.

As you can probably see in the vids I suffered a little from incorrect gearing but my biggest issue was the silly mistakes I continued to make through out the day. I lost count of the amount of times I told myself "I can do that corner WAY faster" or "why am I going so slow through here?" or "why the hell did I do that?!?" etc.
    Otherwise I could feel myself improving all weekend.

Starts were pretty average until the last race. More revs, slower clutch!

Really stoked to grab place for D grade!
    Garage 28 was definitely the garage to be in with all 3 of us managing a trophy! Well done Marty and Trent!

Well done Marshy and Tyre Slayer also! Some impressive and entertaining racing!

Shippy - sucks about your off but good to hear its not that savage! Hope it heals quick. Good job on your racing tho - except the jump start(s). might want to work on that!

Race 4

Race 9

Race 14

Race 19

Thread Information