Thread: Cloning keys with micro chips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cloning keys with micro chips

I only have one black key for the new R6.

I got a quote today of $120 from a quality locksmith to make a copy / clone, which involves cutting the key and cloning the microchip.

[ Bit of a shock over the $10 to get a cut of older bike keys. If the R6 key is lost or damaged then up for a whole new ECU = $$$. ]

Is there a cheaper option, or does this represent good value?

Flash it and do away with the immobilizer if its a track only bike then you can get a std key cut or do away with the keys and ignition barrel completely

Interesting ... found link below, so for the price of 4 keys I can solve the immobiliser issue as well as a range of others, like fan temps, etc???

http://www.flash-tune.com/shop/08-11...flashing-kits/

i already have the cables and software to flash it.. yes you can change all sorts , like YEC but with tons more options. Im waiting for the release of pit lane limiters ( cause they sound ace ) and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    i already have the cables and software to flash it.. yes you can change all sorts , like YEC but with tons more options. Im waiting for the release of pit lane limiters ( cause they sound ace ) and other stuff.
    Let me know when they do but I don't think they will ever do so

Just watched the video ... looks like the way to go!

Thread Information