Thread: Top Gear Festival

Top Gear Festival

Turner and I went to the Top Gear Festival today at Sydney Motorsport Park. It was simply awesome!! Sooooo many people though. Here are some short vids, and then some pics.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Pics:

really nice pics there

As soon as that F1 started I got goose bumps!!! I turned to nick and said, "Nick, IT"S ALIVE!!!!"

so who won Stoner or lowndes?
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Stoner (bummer). I reckon Lowndes was not used to the bike (a borrowed full-house ASBK superbike), whereas Stoner is now pretty used to the car. Lowndes held the car out for the entire race except for the last lap going into turn 2, where Stoner just got down the inside under brakes. They came very close to touching! The bike had it all over the car everywhere except turns 1 and 2, where the car was miles quicker into T1, and then was all over the bike into the braking zone in T2. The bike just drove away from the car on any straight bit.

Very, very cool to watch! And then later they had Stoner on a road-going CBR1000RR, Jamie Whincup in a V8, and Webber in his F1 car all having a race together. Jamie had the edge over the bike (just), as they were line-astern, but Stoner couldn't get past. Webber lapped them both in 4 laps!!!!!! Unfrickenbelievable. Like a superbike racing a 50cc scooter....

You took a couple of snaps then I see .... Lol, thanks for posting them, looks like a fun day

Thread Information