Thread: Mix and match slicks.

Mix and match slicks.

So, I recently put on a new set of slicks to replace the ones that came on the trackbike I bought. I went from tyres that were worn and a bit blue, but just felt amazing, to a set that the front was greta, but the rear didn't allow me to drive as hard as I would like.

The front as I said I liked, it's a Pirelli Superbike pro, the rear, well, I am going to cut grooves in it and use it as a roadtyre and just hope its not looked at to closely...

Now, to my question, mixing brands etc. I am looking to get another set of the metzelers put on, but do I need a set of tyres? Can I leave the front on, which was nice, and put a different rear slick, brand, compound without any ill effects?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but as I said, slicks are a pretty new concept to me.

Thanks in advance,

Nath

yep... its quite common.. just consider tyre sizes and radius as that will also affect how the bike handles.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

In theory it might affect it. In practice I regularly switch between different brands and sizes, particularly the rear, without noticing much difference. Mix it up - you'll be fine
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I only run unmatched front and rear slicks

I notice different fronts or different size rears (i.e. 180 or 190)... That's about it though

purchase the tyres marshy has up for sale atm, I have never used UKntecs but everybody rants about I mean everybody, wish I had the coin

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...o-available%29

Uk front is gold

Cheers for the replies, have already got a new set of the metzelers ordered, will try both with the front pirelli and the metzeler to see if i notice the difference!

9 more sleeps!

just to confirm, you are still talking about the superbike PRO front ?

Yes mate, I'm not going to bother with the rear again, I didn't have any issues with the front. I was talking to a bloke today who runs the superbike PRO front with an SC2 rear. Also I was told that the metz K2 slick is basically the same as the SC2 Pirelli slick, so going on what has been mentioned here, I shouldn't have any issues with running a metzeler K2 slick with the PRO front?

Cheers

If you do have a problem, it won't be with the rear, and you like the front so you're all set.

Thread Information