Thread: Look out - I'm now officially dangerous!

Look out - I'm now officially dangerous!

This is where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!! Package arrived today. And no, I have no idea what most of it does....

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I don't know what any of that stuff is but I want some

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Another package, more mysterious contents. Clearly nobody feels the need for including instructions these days....!

Buggered if I know where any of this goes, but damn it looks cool!!!

What does it all do?

I hope makes the bike go faster!!

Kit harness, ECU, and interface cable. Comes standard with cool stuff like 2 handlebar switches, one for the pit lane speed limiter and the other for map switching.

But installing it looks pretty complicated.... There's a LOT more wiring left in the kit harness than I thought there would be. I thought it would be a few wires running from the battery to the ECU to the coils, but no, it looks pretty similar to the road harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I hope makes the bike go faster!!

Kit harness, ECU, and interface cable. Comes standard with cool stuff like 2 handlebar switches, one for the pit lane speed limiter and the other for map switching.

But installing it looks pretty complicated.... There's a LOT more wiring left in the kit harness than I thought there would be. I thought it would be a few wires running from the battery to the ECU to the coils, but no, it looks pretty similar to the road harness.
    The kit comes with wiring for basic lights (for enduro's at night)
    It's pretty obvious what goes where when you lay them out side by side
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Another package, more mysterious contents. Clearly nobody feels the need for including instructions these days....!

Buggered if I know where any of this goes, but damn it looks cool!!!

Can i have one of those mysterious packages sent to my house please. !!!

Nice

Installing the YEC kit is going well, but much slower than I expected. There simply aren't any plugs for several things I expected there to be, like the neutral sensor wire (I don't understand why), and the radiator fans (I understand this - most racebikes don't run fans, but because the R6 runs so darn hot, I want them hooked up).

Yep No neutral light plug(don't need it) and no Fan plug on mine either although mine is 6 years old now
    I had to cut a manual fan switch in, very handy for the sighting lap and those unorganised starting grids... and for the warm down lap
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thread Information