Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARDC Private Practice, May 30

Lucky for me I'm ambidextrous... and just for me, thank you. hahahaa

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I LOL'ed, gf asked to see why... she LOL'ed. I didn't.

Ambidextrous + a girlfriend = oversexed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty funny though, right?

Laughter is the best medicine!

It's pretty funny though, right?
    Unfortunately, yes hahaha

I have done my right scaphoid roller bladeing as a kid..... its pretty painful, they gave me a half cast and said rest !

Its a common injury from throwing your hands out flat to catch your fall

Yeah, that's the thing... I had the fall at around 9:30am, played on and off all the way to 1:30pm almost pain-free. At that stage I actually thought I'd hurt my thumb! Then when I was driving home I noticed something wasn't right on my hand but still no pain...

Now it hurts if I press on this one spot which incidentally means it hurts to drive or use that hand to help me get up. I have full range of hand and finger movement too so I'm hoping it's just a hairline fracture or something that small 'cause Google tends to give you lots of bad news if you know where to look! Haha

Fark Ed ... you are not having a good run ... hope it's minor mate ...

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Just my experience..... I had no movement problems just constant meduim pain... but when the docter poked where im pointing it was unbearable

Attached Images Attached Images

This is it. This is the day. Hoping to hell everything goes well in the re assembly, run in, dyno and testing stages in the next 2 weeks and then this is the day i'm hoping to get on track again for the first time since St George.
    Can you make it out BoB ?

It will be good to see you there, Jamie! I'm looking forward to checking out the new weapon

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    Just my experience..... I had no movement problems just constant meduim pain... but when the docter poked where im pointing it was unbearable

Tried that, no pain there...

Fingers crossed it's not your scaphoid. If it is, don't try and shortcut the healing. I did mine years ago and ended up doing too much, too soon. 16 years later and it still twinges with pain every now and then.

In the spirit of the thread, I've just got to get my MA license done and I'm definitely in for this practise day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Can you make it out BoB ?
    sorry wont be out there riding , but may come out for a couple of hours to check out your new ride
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Morning All

With the ARDC days, when do you need to produce your license? On the day, or when you send the forms in? (Just that my license should be in the post from MNSW)

Also, what time do you have to arrive, normal track day time 0700-0730?

And finally any cut off time for getting your forms in to participate in the day?

Cheers

Lee

On the day is fine for your licence. You can put TBA on the form.

Normal track day time is fine. The later you are, the less chance of good parking - the racecars take up a LOT of space each with their transporters etc. But there'll be a few bike garages set up already (we usually head for 49-50) which you can jump in.

Forms are due on the Wednesday, two days before the event. But if ARDC have already received 10 forms, then a bike session will definitely be allocated and you can just turn up on the day, no form required.

Normal track day time is fine. The later you are, the less chance of good parking - the racecars take up a LOT of space each with their transporters etc. But there'll be a few bike garages set up already (we usually head for 49-50) which you can jump in.

Forms are due on the Wednesday, two days before the event. But if ARDC have already received 10 forms, then a bike session will definitely be allocated and you can just turn up on the day, no form required.
    That's going to be me, I've hopefully organised the day off work, just waiting on licenses etc to come through. Hopefully see you guys out there!

thats great info, thanks Marshy.

All being well and licence comes through in time see you all then in pit 49 or 50

However much it pains me to say it, I'm out for this one. Engine is coming out and back to the doctor apparently. Don't really want to talk about it. Shattered

What???????? Nooooooooo!!

Get another one!!

Get a Express post engine from graves

Its what all the cool kids do

However much it pains me to say it, I'm out for this one. Engine is coming out and back to the doctor apparently. Don't really want to talk about it. Shattered

No more time. No more money. No more vroom vroom.

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    Get a Express post engine from graves
    And pay the $10k with what? Buttons?

When your engine arrives, let us know! We all want to see it

Seriously, did you have a bad night last night?

It doesn't matter. IME they make it near f**king impossible for us Southerners to buy anything directly from them

Any news on this??

hey hey the stars are starting to align

It doesn't matter. IME they make it near f**king impossible for us Southerners to buy anything directly from them
    There are ways.... (Shipito)

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Any news on this??
    Today is the day they let us know.....

Today is the day they let us know.....
    After all this dry weather the gods are fucking me over with a massive great dildo ... showers ... fucking showers!

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

The weather is more Penriff than CBD: http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/penrith.shtml

Isolated showers doesn't mean much. Besides, the Creek has its own weather. I've been there when it's rained heavily in a circle all around the track for most of the day, but stayed dry all day for the track itself. It's probably all the methane emanating from the landfill....

they have 9.... i they reckon they are going ahead

haven't told the wife yet.... that will be interesting !
    Last edited by shippy__; 28-05-2014 at 09:12 AM.

You'll just be at 'work' all day

just gota start and 430am and show all the boys my bike on my trailer

Got the call.... we are good to go!

I'll see you guys there, I won't be riding though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I'll see you guys there, I won't be riding though
    Shall we start calling you "Baddie" now or on Friday, Ed?

hahahha I thought my hand wasn't gonna be good enough to ride so I didn't even look into it... too late to get a race license in time. Next time, I suppose! Plus I'm there on Saturday anyway.

So the gearbox is out of one bike and into the other. This morning, an hour after I'd given up on the delivery and had taken the gearbox out of the 2nd bike, the new gearbox rocks up

Still got a crapload of work to do to get it ready, but getting excited for tomorrow!!

Spare bike = options for spares ... so you intending on bringing both tomorrow?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that this one won't be ready by morning...... (waiting on a new frame, among many other bits). And I had to rob Peter to pay Paul by nicking the gearbox out of this one for the other one.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that this one won't be ready by morning......
    Yeah ... I think you might be right ... Well at least you've got a whole working one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Well at least you've got a whole working one ...
    I hope so! Today will tell if that's true.

And a good time was had by all in the TT garage today!

Top day for it , and exceptionally quiet too , plenty of track and not many bikes or cars out there today

2014-05-30 11.10.53.jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Any news on the r6 gremlins Shippy ?

Nick has the ape reset itself yet ?

How was the new shock feeling Rick ?
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

It will come apart again on the weekend (unless running it up on the rear stand a couple of mornings in a row is enough to reset it). I'm also gonna research what computer thingie I need to access under the hood....

First thing in the morning Marshy closed 1 eye and kicked my front end straight as it was twisted from rolling over at wakey.

First session I took it easy just making sure the bike was back to its normal self, which it was.

Second sesh I let everybody leave 30sec in front of me for some clean air, ended up 1 sec of my PB just by staying smooth and relaxed... I was happy with that

3rd sesh bike wouldn't start.. No power to the fuel pump, we all had a fiddle with and to no avail..... its not the fuel pump thanks rick for lending me yours, So I will take the fairings off and have a look around the wiring that I fiddled with the day before, I will also check to see if its throwing any codes

I achieved what I set out to do, and that was to make sure the bike was handling the way it used too, also to make sure my shoulder wasn't still rooted, Its ok

Thanks for everybody's help

and It was a good day in the shed by all
    Last edited by shippy__; 31-05-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information