Thread: 600rr 07+ quickshifter install without using harness

600rr 07+ quickshifter install without using harness

How to fit annatori quickshifter without using the wiring harness to a cbr 600rr 07 on

Note:- This install is not supported by annitori and while works on my cbr i take no responibility for it not working or if there are issues with the quickshifter . Its my personal instal that i am sharing .. do it at your own risk..

Right now to the install which i cannot take all the credit for , i copied of a good friend (Thanks Bill)

This install is for a track bike , but shouldnt be too different from a road bike .

Also you will need some wire and a plug that will fit into the annatori connector available on ebay for a couple of dollars delivered . In the search i used "2 pin waterproof plug" should look something like this

With fairings removed I found it better to fit the quickshifter to the foot controll 1st then route the cable to somewhere where you feel comfortable to mount the unit . I chose under the seat next to the battery.

As i didnt want to remove the tank at this point i have taped it up on the recess along the side of the tank for now. Next time the tank comes off it will be routed a bit better.

Ok now to go hunting for a wire ... on the rhs of the bike find the grey plug just up from the radiator fill cap .

Carefully cut back the black cover and find a yellow and white wire in the honda wiring loom , with (ONE) silver mark on it . make sure you get this one , and not the other wire yellow and white with 2 silver marks on it .

now cut this yellow wire so you have two ends , one side of the wire goes to the handle bar and the other goes to the coils

solder 2 wires , one to each end , preferably 2 different colours to distinguish which wire your using later .

I soldered an orangy brown wire in the picture to the end of the wire that goes to the handlebar
    the other end of the wire you cut solder the blue wire on this goes to the coil
    Now put some heat shrink over and tape them up .

I have the :-
    Orangey brown wire going joins to the yellow wire to the handlebar
    Blue wire joins to the yellow wire which goes to the coils .

The other ends of the blue and orange will go to the quickshifter .

Showing wires taped up and running along the tank to the battery area where it will connect to the quickshifter plug.

Now fit the plug to the two wires making sure you get the wires going to the right location on the plug

I used the orange wire to match the orange wire on the quickshifter . Colour wire you used doesn't really matter aslong as you have the one to the handlebar going to the orange on the quickshifter

and the blue wire that goes to the coils goes to the grey one on the quickshifter .

Put some velcro to the side of the tray to help keep it in place .

Now if you have the bypass plug that comes with the newer units its a good idea to cable tie it to somewhere where you dont loose it or forget where it is .. I chose the cutout on the battery . If you dont have one then use the other end of the plug you bought and havent used. Use a bit of wire and make a loop/ bypass plug .

And dont forget to find a good earth for the quickshifter. I used the one on the battery.

There all done . now to test it .
    Last edited by BoB; 13-03-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: make a bit easier to understand

That's awesome!! Where do the handlebar wire and the coil wire that you added actually go? I feel like there's a step missing.

Hey, do you reckon it'd work on an older bike with high voltage coils (that can't use the standard Annitori setup)? Presumably at some point in the system it's 12v (or 5v?) out of the ECU, and it could be tapped in there??
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Edited it Nick , does that make it any clearer.
    Basically you find a wire yellow and white with one silver mark on it thats in the honda wiring loom (not the one with the 2 silver marks on) , cut it so you have 2 ends to solder a wire to each end . The wire you cut is one that goes from coils to the handlebar.

Not too sure about the older bikes that use the high voltage coils .

I liked the idea i got from a mate who had done this mod , mainly so i didnt have to remove all the fairings , radiator and oggy knob bracket to get to the plugs on each coil . He has used and tested it and says it works fine . I have bench tested it and works ok but havent track tested it yet .

Bob
    Last edited by BoB; 13-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.

When the shifter is activating is it open circuit on the cut wire?

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    When the shifter is activating is it open circuit on the cut wire?
    i would say yes , i think thats how it works .

Here is the wiring from the manual .. annatori breaks the circuit on each of the black (Bl)wires going to the coils .

Where i just do it further along after its gone through the connector block on the white/yellow wire (W/Y) but before it goes to the kill switch, common to each coil.

I think thats also why you need to make sure you get the wires to the quickshifter (orange and grey) the correct way ,so your still having power to the quickshifter .

Last edited by BoB; 13-03-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Rob, Bob or 808.
    I should be able to make one work on the Suzuki.
    Hit me up Marshy

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information