Thread: Aprilia WSBK edition

Aprilia WSBK edition

New build is finished, and is ready for a new home.....

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Spare bike hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Spare bike hmmmmm?
    Nope. I'm still building the spare/new #1. It's getting there, but it's two-steps-forward, one-step-back with that build (the new frame etc). This one is mint, and stock.

What a weapon!!
    Looking amazing Nick, nice work!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Looks very nice, great paint job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice...

Very nice Nick & very tempting.

Nice one Nick.

I love how you've taken to cleaning. Dirt equals mystery equals corrosion in my mind.
    Massive fan of the current WSBK Aprilia scheme as well. They look f**king horn....!!!

Excuse my ignorance. Have you ridden this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Nice one Nick.

I love how you've taken to cleaning. Dirt equals mystery equals corrosion in my mind.
    Massive fan of the current WSBK Aprilia scheme as well. They look f**king horn....!!!

Excuse my ignorance. Have you ridden this one ?
    Thanks mate! Yep, after 20 years, I finally understand that cleaning can be important/useful/satisfying. Who said anything about an old dog...

I did 5 laps on this one at the most recent ARDC day that you were at too (it had road fairings on it). Then Spilly did a session on it. It goes great! Better than my racebike went before it got tweaked and dialled in. This one is accompanying me to the Island as a catastrophic-emergency-only spare. Not a wet bike or anything. It's not even lockwired yet!

I was just keen to finally snap some pictures of the new paint scheme. I haven't done a for-sale write up yet.

Although if I'm honest, I haven't actually cleaned this one! Just glancing at the photos again just now, I can see bits that need cleaning. It was this clean when I got it.

When does the price tag gets released? Noel is itching to put a deposit... something about not enough bikes!

That is one fine looking trackbike mate. One day when I grow up and am rich and so on, I want to own one of those. Really really want to.

Looks great Nick, that pipe is going to be mega loud :P

It's certainly a bit louder and throatier at idle, but the Akra on the other bike is ultra-loud on track anyway, and this is no worse when we had it at the Creek a few weeks ago. They all sound like sex on wheels anyway, so I reckon nobody will mind!! There's just something guttural about a V4 on full song.

Yep, the sound of it is second to none IMHO... the big bang R1 sounds good too but maybe it's just because it offers a longer sample of it due to the lack of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It's certainly a bit louder and throatier at idle, but the Akra on the other bike is ultra-loud on track anyway, and this is no worse when we had it at the Creek a few weeks ago. They all sound like sex on wheels anyway, so I reckon nobody will mind!! There's just something guttural about a V4 on full song.
    True, no one complains They sound lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    the big bang R1 sounds good too but maybe it's just because it offers a longer sample of it due to the lack of speed.

DUDE!

THAT
    LOOKS
    FKN
    AWESOME!

Thread Information