Thread: Pain and injury management - what I've been up to & a shamless business plug

Pain and injury management - what I've been up to & a shamless business plug

Having been seemingly absent from the track and somewhat quiet online. I thought I might share what I’ve been up to with anyone that may be interested. I’ve taken on distribution and management in NSW/ACT of a personal medical device that utilises TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) & EMS (electrical muscle stimulation) technology as well as a patented electronic acupuncture system. Without getting into it too much here – not to be confused with the generic units coming out of China.
    We (parent company) supply the US military , saving them millions on injury downtime each year. Locally we supply the Biggest Loser retreats, Chemists, Physios, Chiropractors, individual NRL players and recently government pain management programs.

What’s this got to do with bikes? If you’ve ever been to the physio post crash or injury, there is a good chance you’ve already received treatment using a form of this technology. It’s users and potential uses are many, including riders.
    Currently I have a few well known riders using and swearing by them. I won’t drop names yet as official endorsements are not agreed or finalised, but I’m sure you will work some of them out.
    2 time Aus Superbike Champion using one for pain management and accelerated recovery post a double knee operation.

A dirt track rider who crashed on the weekend and looks like they may have broken their thumb, used it to reduce swelling and manage the pain and still won the heat post crash.

World endurance champion who has been using one and keeps one in his bag in Europe just in case it’s needed, post a crash or for pain management.

Current supersport contender using for rehab, pain management and accelerated healing on a collarbone break to be ready in time for Winton.

I myself have lived with anti inflamatories and pain killers for a bung back and neck for years. Some may remember I had to pack up on the Sunday at my last FX meeting due to tweaking my back and it going into spasms. I was having a great meeting having broken my PBs every time I went out, but it all ended due to pain. I honestly believe if I had been able to treat it as I do now, I could have continued. I haven’t had to touch a pill or put up with a painful back for months since using one.

Last but not least - a certain well known, tall, grey haired Kawasaki fan got a unit recently to use for a bad neck. If you know him, ask him what he thinks or if it worked for him

Anyway, if you have any questions or comments, fire away.

Of course there are TARMAC discounts available if anyone thinks they could use one. I’ll also speak with Marshy about a unit to give away as a competition for forum members.

What I would like your help with is, if you know anyone looking for work. We need sales people http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydne...tle/1051744329 , managers and people who want to be their own boss running their own retail business in NSW/ACT. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/old-b...es-/1051722783

Website www.hidownsw.com.au (do not order online unless you want to pay too much)

A past story on Today Tonight

My contact details
    rick@hidownsw.com.au
    0412 877 107
    Last edited by senator8; 18-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Great stuff Rick. Are they compatible with with US power supply or do they need an adapter?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Great stuff Rick. Are they compatible with with US power supply or do they need an adapter?
    Thanks Mick. Built in lithium battery that will charge from any USB port or charger

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

I had a similar treatment as a young lad getting broken thumb rehabilitated. .. worked a treat... how "safe" are they for a novice to use? ie - can one do injury to themselves inadvertently id they left it on etc?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I had a similar treatment as a young lad getting broken thumb rehabilitated. .. worked a treat... how "safe" are they for a novice to use? ie - can one do injury to themselves inadvertently id they left it on etc?
    They have a built in timer that is auto set to 30mins and limited to 60mins. Of course anything can be abused but, aside from making yourself sore they are pretty safe. If you imagined getting a strong massage in one spot for too long - a similar result.
    You need to get medical advice if you're pregnant or epileptic and not to be used if you have a pacemaker or defibrillator fitted or other electronic device fitted to your body.
    We have all ages using them including the elderly. They are really simple to use
    Last edited by senator8; 14-07-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Tell them the price son

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Tell them the price son
    Hey JC,
    It is recommended that Brazilian's buy two! Just in case
    RRP is $247, $397 & $447 depending on the model.
    Can't advertise the discounted $$$ so shoot me PM for the special pricing

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Yeah. By the amount of crashes I had you are right

lend one to Ed
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

you mention its for pain management , do you think it will fix the mrs , she can be a pain in the arse when im not allowed to go to the track ..
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    you mention its for pain management , do you think it will fix the mrs , she can be a pain in the arse when im not allowed to go to the track ..
    There's a US-made medical device to treat that kind of pain, Bob. They are very popular over there; apparently they are very effective.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    There's a US-made medical device to treat that kind of pain, Bob. They are very popular over there; apparently they are very effective.

Somehow I dont think I would get away with shooting her through the door and claiming I thought I was getting robbed . May be a setting on rics pain pod that can numb the part of the brain for 12 hours so she doesnt realise im not at home. Looks like the bottom lh corner is a button for this.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Somehow I dont think I would get away with shooting her through the door and claiming I thought I was getting robbed .
    Maaaate, Oscar has got that all sorted! Just take notes from his defence team - it's all televised.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Bob, it's not been tested in that regard. But you are quite handy, I'm sure you could put something together.

Although Wetty, did send me this message in the morning so maybe it does work for your needs

If you are seriously considering Marshy's solution, then you will also need one of these

Very interesting Rick. Aside from recovery, can it help with pre-existing injuries?
    I have a broken heel that comes back to haunt me after a few sessions, it gets worse throughout a TD.
    By the end of the day I can have quite a pronounced limp despite the fact the injury was a couple of years ago now...
    All the best with the business!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Very interesting Rick. Aside from recovery, can it help with pre-existing injuries?
    I have a broken heel that comes back to haunt me after a few sessions, it gets worse throughout a TD.
    By the end of the day I can have quite a pronounced limp despite the fact the injury was a couple of years ago now...
    All the best with the business!
    It's very possible Owen. There's no discrimination between old or new pain, and if you are still getting some inflammation of the old injury then even more possible.
    Have you tried anything since - medication, physio etc? Did anything work?

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    It's very possible Owen. There's no discrimination between old or new pain, and if you are still getting some inflammation of the old injury then even more possible.
    Have you tried anything since - medication, physio etc? Did anything work?
    Not really tbh.. I went back after a year to have it checked out as it was still causing me pain, they just said healing takes time.
    Might be time for a physio visit to make sure I'm walking on it correctly etc. If it looks like it's to be a permanent feature of my foot, one of your Painpods would certainly be worth a look!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Can anybody tell me who this is using his PainPod on his knee after a little tumble on his dirt bike? Only one guess allowed

Do the pants give it away?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Do the pants give it away?
    Yes or maybe the sandal tan marks on his feet

Hehehe
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Hey guys and girls,

The reception to and results from our Painpods has been overwhelmingly positive from rider/racer fraternity.
    I'll share some of the names you might know shortly.

In the meantime, if you feel so inclined - please like our facebook page for a chance to win a PainPod. Invite your friends to like it and you might not only help someone who could use one but you might win more

https://www.facebook.com/painpodnsw

If anyone wants to try a painPod or get a free 10 min treatment - come say g'day at the Toprider coach & set up day at EC south circuit tomorrow Monday.

I have been using the Pain Pod 3 now for about 2 weeks now it's it's great. I have been in the wars in the last few years and not much was helping. So let's see I have perforated I disk in L4-5 fractured two disks in my neck dislocated both my shoulders smashed my right wrist to pieces broken my left thumb broken both my arms twice fractured my skull busted both my knees. There is probably more but as you can imagine for the last 4 years I have been on quite a large amount of pain killers and anti inflammatorys. So much so that I was becoming use to them and having to get stronger stuff. Now since using the pain Pod 3 I haven't had any drugs what so ever no shit. I'm Stoked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, just to let you know if you have questions and want to speak with someone other than me.
    Aussiesportsbikegear (Tristan) & Kaneg (Pete) on here are authorised agents, and both have personal experience using PainPod.

If you see me at the track and want to have a look/ go of it let me know I take it with me every where I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information