Thread: Winton this friday?

Winton this friday?

Anyone heading down??

Nope, what's on there? Oh, is this an FX thing??
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nope, what's on there? Oh, is this an FX thing??
    Na, its just a 'test & tune' day. I've never ridden the circuit so its practice/learning for me before FX.

Lots of shitty cars dropping lots of oil, which you have to ride around....on a bad day
    on a good day you'll have 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off and 90+ laps in the day if your fit enough
    I've done a couple over the years, they can be great value
    have fun
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

I guess its like an ARDC day at the creek then? Only practice ive got, hoping for less shitty cars and not scorching heat!

The bike-only T&T day we did there recently on the Friday before the Pirelli RR round 1 was good. No cars to drop oil

My only major complaint was that the day doesn't officially start until 10am, and on our particular day they were in no hurry and it was a fair bit later than that when it got under way. IIRC we had arrived at the track at 6:30am, and didn't get on track until 11:30am!!! Admittedly we were the last of 3 groups, but the first group only started at 10:30.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thats a good thing actually, ill be arriving very late to Winton on thursday so ill need a bit of a sleep in

Thread Information