Thread: Compressed air at the creek

Compressed air at the creek

When I was at the creek on Saturday, there were one or two people changing tyres from slicks to wets.
    That's no big deal but I had never noticed there were compressed air fittings in every pit.
    Question is: does anyone has the fittings information / specifications required to use their air to a normal flex air line?
    Cheers
    Lee
    Last edited by Leezx10r; 03-09-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Not sure of the fitting, but I've also been tempted to find out and utilise it.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

If no one has the dimensions, will take some tools down and measure and get some fitting sorted

why did I not know this!

I was thinking of lugging my compressor out with me next weekend to save $$$ if it rains

I knew of their existence but does that mean they're on during a practice/track day?

stevem sent me a message about this:

I am having trouble posting on tarmac talk. This is the fitting needed at the creek.Available at Blackwoods , from memory it's series 340 .the threaded end takes a female nito

IMG_5219.jpegIMG_3436.jpeg

Is it me, or does that look like a male nitto?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I knew of their existence but does that mean they're on during a practice/track day?
    I'm fairly sure they are always on. It's the same air supply that Madaz uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Is it me, or does that look like a male nitto?
    Looks like a male to me. Any info on OD & pitch or even part# from blackwoods Marshy?

That is pretty cool then. It can be all kinds of handy.

They're not Madaz any more, but I was told the MEGA workshop apparently does use that air supply. I will have to check next time I'm working.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

MEGA does use that line

Well looks like all we need to do is sort the fittings out, and will have CA lines in our pits

So SteveM still can't post for some reason, but I'm getting more updates from him. Check this out:

Nito on left

This tells a better story

group buy on compressor fittings!

Pretty sure its a Ryco style fitting. In Marshy's pic above the silver male fitting is a Nitto style (Hi-Cupla series or Hi Cupla 200: http://www.nitto-australia.com.au/pr...atSrc=products). The bronze male fitting looks like a Ryco 500 series...or maybe a 300?

Anyway, charge around here for some options:
    http://www.airless.com.au/Air%20Fittings.htm
    http://www.tubefit.com.au/pdf/TubeFi...20Adaptors.pdf
    http://www.ifsaus.com.au/onlinecat.html

EDIT: So best guess is that the bronze one is a Ryco 300 series.
    Last edited by No_Style; 04-09-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added some links

Will anyone out on the 14th have the airline coupling?

I can't remember if I changed my gearing back from WP and might have to do it on Sunday

I will have my electric rattle gun. Uber-powerful.

I will have my electric rattle gun. Uber-powerful.
    result! I won't bother changing the sprocket unless I need to. see you there

Each garage seems to have different fittings left behind by various people. The base building fitting is a female 3/4 BSP (British standard pipe ) so if you get a male 3/4 BSP and reduce it down to whatever you need you'll be able to use it in any of the garages. I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Each garage seems to have different fittings left behind by various people. The base building fitting is a female 3/4 BSP (British standard pipe ) so if you get a male 3/4 BSP and reduce it down to whatever you need you'll be able to use it in any of the garages. I hope this helps
    That's great info, going to get myself a few fittings

Cheers Steve, I forgot to check last time I was out there, thanks for the info.

Thread Information