Thread: ARDC private practice crash video

ARDC private practice crash video

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Cool overlay and data Nick. Glad you ended up all ok.

your front end looked a bit stiff, by the way your bars were shaking :-(
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Agreed Mark, the front was too stiff; I'd dialled in too much preload, still chasing that problem I was having down at Winton. I'm pretty sure I know how to sort it now, so I'll find out next time on track!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Agreed Mark, the front was too stiff; I'd dialled in too much preload, still chasing that problem I was having down at Winton. I'm pretty sure I know how to sort it now, so I'll find out next time on track!
    I met a guy at Winton who worked in Ant West's team for the past 2 years and we got to play with my (very basic) front end and he was explaining how you adjust all 3 settings, pre load, compression and rebound to keep 10-15mm left in the fork stroke(measured by cable tie)
    I was very surprised how much pre load he backed off, but due to my poor explanation of what the bike was doing we got the compression too hard in the last race and along with a bit of fatigue I lost the front end as it skated across the top of the 2nd lot of corrugates in turn 3 at 120km :-(
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thread Information