Thread: Correct adhesive for reaffixing heat shield to belly pan.

Correct adhesive for reaffixing heat shield to belly pan.

I spilled a significant amount of fuel into the belly pan when I first got the R6. The heat shield sheet has completely lifted up and is floating around. Looks like the adhesive doesn't like fuel. I was after some suggestions regarding what would be the best adhesive to re affix it to the inside of the belly pan. Adhesive would have to put up with a fair amount of heat and vibration, and if it could survive a little fuel leak that would be a bonus! Should I clean all the tacky adhesive off the heat shield, and prep the inside of the belly pan? Or just bin the old heat shield completely and put a new one in?

I had exactly the same thing happen the first day i took project Clubsport out when i emptied about 5 litres of fuel into the Bellypan before the first session.

I just got a paint scraper, ripped it out and stuck a new lot in.

New stuff is probably best. Although some good quality 3M double-sided would probably work too. Or a few strategic dollops of sikaflex would do the job!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I have no advice but I'm somewhat relieved to hear I'm not the only person that is challenged by refueling hahaha

Correct adhesive for reaffixing heat shield to belly pan.

Once the fuel has gotten into the heat shield it separates and its insulation factor essentially becomes zero. For $60 on eBay you'll find a sheet of thermal reflective heat shield that you can cut to size and it will do the job just dandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information