Thread: Super special - new Pirelli slicks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't like the Dunlop 200 on any bike. It's too flat, and the bike doesn't turn. On the R6, I much preferred a 190 or 200 (except Dunlop) over a 180.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    180/60 in the Pirelli is actually a 190 wide tyre. Same as the Dunlop. The Dunlop equivalent ,D212 is 7mm smaller in overall diameter.
    That makes sense to me... prob why I like the 190 Dunlop then. I don't mind the Bridgies either but need to get used to their front tires... Only had a ridiculously small amount of track time on them but so far, I prefer the Dunlop fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I don't like the Dunlop 200 on any bike. It's too flat, and the bike doesn't turn. On the R6, I much preferred a 190 or 200 (except Dunlop) over a 180.
    I didn't mind the 200 too much... at least at my pace it meant I could pretty much whack the throttle and get away with it. Plus bike felt a lot more planted on T1/T8. Terrible at WP though... way too slow from side to side.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 14-11-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Thread Information