Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARDC GP Circuit 5th of Dec

Ouch
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Am ok, just home from john hunter.
    3 X-rays and arm in sling for 14 days dissociated it three time which stung a little.
    But get great vid,
    Thanks shippy for loading my bike, & taking off my boots lol
    But will be good for stg in jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    3 X-rays and arm in sling for 14 days dissociated it three time which stung a little.
    But get great vid,

Glad to hear you got away relatively lightly mate!
    Hope you're on the mend soon - same for your bike, Rick!
    Did shippy just get away with a scuff?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Paul Grant Mitchell........

That software is amazing. What do you use? Bike sounds great as well!

You can spot your leathers a mile away now, Shippy!

video currently uploading

missed a gear coming into 9 came in to move the pegs (again)

I've gotta say that I hang that crash pretty squarely on Shippy. No offence mate, but trying an aggressive overtake whilst outside of the track limits is uncool. I'm not quite sure where you were expecting to go. Even if Rick hadn't stopped and Lee hadn't had to hit the anchors, I don't see where you were expecting to end up. You weren't gonna outdrag a 10R out of the turn, so presumably you were expecting to fall in behind him? So he definitely had right of way, and you should've gone straight onto the grass, rather than smash into him.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Never seen anything like that before
    Lucky rick was there with his camera on

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    But get great vid,

You're going to do what to Jan ...?

Saint George

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I've gotta say that I hang that crash pretty squarely on Shippy. No offence mate, but trying an aggressive overtake whilst outside of the track limits is uncool. I'm not quite sure where you were expecting to go. Even if Rick hadn't stopped and Lee hadn't had to hit the anchors, I don't see where you were expecting to end up. You weren't gonna outdrag a 10R out of the turn, so presumably you were expecting to fall in behind him? So he definitely had right of way, and you should've gone straight onto the grass, rather than smash into him.

The second his nose dived I tired way hard to sacrifice myself and go on the grass

whatever if yous all think I was trying to save myself you dont know me

offense taken
    Last edited by shippy__; 07-12-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    The second his nose dived I tired way hard to sacrifice myself and go on the grass

offense taken
    For the record I hold no one, shippy, rick or even myself responsible, just wrong place, wrong time.
    Spoken to shippy quite a few times online since Friday, and all is cool.
    Bike will fix, I will heal, and gives me a good excuse to buy bike parts even my boss at home was ok about it all.
    Plus how often do you get to see a video like that!

offense taken
    I'm not saying you did it deliberately. Just that Lee was on the concrete strip the whole time, and deviated about 6 inches all up from his original exit line. You started out about 1.5 metres beyond the concrete and ended up hitting him on the concrete strip, so you came across very hard from a long way off the track. I don't think you were just 'trying to save yourself'! I'm just trying to work out where you thought you were gonna go, even if there hadn't been a drama in front.

You know I like you, Shippy. It's not a personal insult, just trying to tease out the thinking. It's always useful (I find) to work out why an accident happened.

Was not expecting to be pushed out that wide.... once I was pushed that wide any overtaking maneuvers were out of my head I was just sticking to the outside, I did not expect to beat a 1000 on exit come on..... I had loads of grip to turn, I ran out wider on exit to let lee have a length or 2 to tucking back in behind him to watch him pull away..... watch the video a few times and have a good look

I wasn't aggressive or silly and when rick broke down I couldn't see a thing...... maybe for a split second before I lost vision not enough to calc anything I had no idea until lees nose dived, it looks like I was clawing at any tarmac I could get but it was far from it.... I was trying to get to the grass

I rode the hole corner fine..... Bike break downs happen

My 1st time out since April and its good to be back in the garages / on track with a great bunch of guys . Sorry about your off lee , hope that shoulder heals soon.
    I was way off my pb and struggling to get any quicker so was out there enjoying the track time and practicing my body position , not much traffic and the track was good apart from the pothole on the entry to t1 but that wasnt too hard to miss each lap .
    Will post up some footage later of Nick taking the honda out , following the kwaka 7r and how the 600rr is suppose to be ridden , thanks Nick.

Thanks all you out there on track for making my day so enjoyable . hope you didnt get too wet in the storm that came in .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Eagerly waiting to see the footage, Rob

The Hoooonda was a blast!!!! Very well sorted, suspension-wise, and surprisingly stronger engine than I was expecting. A great package!

So while we are hanging stuff squarely anyone considered that a bike broke down almost mid track after the exit and the rider rolled further into the racing line ?

No mention

[QUOTE=Marshy;15147]I've gotta say that I hang that crash pretty squarely on Shippy. No offence mate, but trying an aggressive overtake whilst outside of the track limits is uncool.

I was on the inside of the corner and could see Rick was having problems just after I was past the apex. Lee was wide in the corner and Shippy was on the outside of him and his view would have been a lot less than mine. Without anything going wrong with a bike shippy could be hard on the power and take the line that he did and lee's bike would have been gone by then if he was hard on the power too. I totally agree that accidents should be studied or they are an expensive waste of time. I had a silly incident myself at turn 1 later in the day that was the result of a couple of silly little mistakes.After looking at the footage and realizing exactly what I did that should never happen again. I'll post up the footage later.

So while we are hanging stuff squarely anyone considered that a bike broke down almost mid track after the exit and the rider rolled further into the racing line ?

No mention
    Wow. Really??

If I was Rick I would have done exactly what he did, he didn't change lines radically or anything just tried to make it out of everyones way.

N

No mention
    Sorry you feel that way Matt.
    What can't be seen in the video is I was actually accelerating on the inside of an Aprillia that I wanted to pass as I came up on him accelerating the bike died and stood itself up and started the trajectory, which I tried not to change unpredictably. This all happens in a split second and I made the choice based on two thoughts. There was a bike already on the outside where I was headed, so hopefully nobody was making a run on the outside and most pass to the right out of 9. I also didn't turn hard onto the grass and went straight on for a while in case someone had been forced to go up the grass, which you did.
    I'm not saying my actions were perfect, but if I had to make the same decision I would do the same again.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Wow. Really??
    Why not, we are discussing?

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    N

Sorry you feel that way Matt.
    What can't be seen in the video is I was actually accelerating on the inside of an Aprillia that I wanted to pass as I came up on him accelerating the bike died and stood itself up and started the trajectory, which I tried not to change unpredictably. This all happens in a split second and I made the choice based on two thoughts. There was a bike already on the outside where I was headed, so hopefully nobody was making a run on the outside and most pass to the right out of 9. I also didn't turn hard onto the grass and went straight on for a while in case someone had been forced to go up the grass, which you did.
    I'm not saying my actions were perfect, but if I had to make the same decision I would do the same again.
    No no not accusing I would have ended up where you wer too.... but if my actions are being discussed these should be too

I would do the same actions again too... I was pointing and shooting behind a 1000
    Last edited by shippy__; 07-12-2014 at 10:42 PM.

I think it was an unfortunate incident, no one meant any harm, Lee is OK (which is the most important thing) let's move on and talk about how awesome I look on the R1

It was like musical chairs towards the last few sessions with different people having a go on others bikes so see how they really ride . (and yes you look awesome on the r1 Neogrande )

Marshy taking out my 600rr for a session and following the kwaka 7r (starts around the 5 min mark) .

Cbr 600rr 07 track

Zx7s are cool. Who was riding it? I assume it wasn't wetty with those leathers...
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    I think it was an unfortunate incident, no one meant any harm, Lee is OK (which is the most important thing) let's move on and talk about how awesome I look on the R1
    Fair enough. And boy oh boy do you look good on the R1!!!!

Mick James. He just bought it from Wetty. First ride that day.

Mick James. He just bought it from Wetty. First ride that day.
    When you buy a bike from me it comes with a personal camera man

Was not expecting to be pushed out that wide.... once I was pushed that wide any overtaking maneuvers were out of my head I was just sticking to the outside, I did not expect to beat a 1000 on exit come on..... I had loads of grip to turn, I ran out wider on exit to let lee have a length or 2 to tucking back in behind him to watch him pull away..... watch the video a few times and have a good look

I wasn't aggressive or silly and when rick broke down I couldn't see a thing...... maybe for a split second before I lost vision not enough to calc anything I had no idea until lees nose dived, it looks like I was clawing at any tarmac I could get but it was far from it.... I was trying to get to the grass

I rode the hole corner fine..... Bike break downs happen

The only 1 who was riding the right line was the sandbagger on the BMW(ok i promise Steve last time ) , fuk nose where you were all going , rick was riding in angel gear thats his excuse but you other 2 were out there trying to mow the grass ?

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    I should start charging for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    That has nothing to do with it. You just go hunting them down on track so the world is blessed with more awesome Wet4U Kodak moments

[QUOTE=WETTY;15188]The only 1 who was riding the right line was the sandbagger on the BMW(ok i promise Steve last time )

That's Mr Sandbagger to you by the way.

you mean SIR

Thread Information