Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnarly Injury/Crash/Recovery Pics

In the midst of a follow up appointment with the surgeon to the stars, JohnnyB's mate and Owen's ortho surgeon, I get to see the wound for the first time.....
    Now waiting on some X-rays to check on progress. Oh, and I can confirm without doubt that staple removal is waaaaaay worse than stitches!!! Aaaaaaarg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Nice tatts tho...

The rusty looking pliers on the desk in the first pic look real professional!!!!.... Doc Nick Riviera looking after you is he?

Think you should keep your toe nails that colour Nick

That looks interesting !!! ouch

Please tell us Nick, that the pliers in the back ground were not used to remove the staples.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Gnarly doesn't really do it justice...
    What does Dave say?? Amputation?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by haydenoc View Post
    The rusty looking pliers on the desk in the first pic look real professional!!!!.... Doc Nick Riviera looking after you is he?
    I was very worried about that too!!! Instead he used smaller pliers with a staple remover head on them. MOST PAINFUL!! Faaark me. It flicks the staple back open to nearly flat, ripping out of the skin on both sides each time. Very unpleasant.

The only bit that isn't quite right is between the first and second staple on the inside, nearest the foot. The circle of light pink is an open wound; the skin wasn't joined there. Bummer. It looks sorta ok in that photo, because that was immediately the bandage was removed. After a minute it started oozing puss and gunk, so need to keep an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Think you should keep your toe nails that colour Nick
    Rather fetching, isn't it

Wow I'll keep that one away from the mrs view...

Bloody hell this thread just gets longer and longer :( The harsh reminder of what can go wrong but atleast sharing our gnarly crash X-rays and stories is kinda soothing in a messed up way.

Fucking hell marshy that's brutal!! Seriously I hope I didn't jinx you, I've had it in the back of my mind since it happened. I was whining to you how shitty my recovery is going and how much it sucks to heal broken bones and next thing..

Hope you heal up quick mate

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Bloody hell this thread just gets longer and longer :( The harsh reminder of what can go wrong but atleast sharing our gnarly crash X-rays and stories is kinda soothing in a messed up way.

Fucking hell marshy that's brutal!! Seriously I hope I didn't jinx you, I've had it in the back of my mind since it happened. I was whining to you how shitty my recovery is going and how much it sucks to heal broken bones and next thing..

Hope you heal up quick mate

Marty
    Thanks Marty. Honestly, I'm fine already!! It doesn't hurt at all (it's not even all that uncomfortable). If I could get a boot on it, I'd ride right now!! Although the Dr would kill me if I did that

Although as I mentioned earlier tonight, we have all had a run of bad luck. There's not usually this much carnage.....

Just remember, compound fractures are just weakness leaving the body... My really bad injuries have been through mountainbiking, so probably not worthy of posting up here. Heal up boys!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Just remember, compound fractures are just weakness leaving the body... My really bad injuries have been through mountainbiking, so probably not worthy of posting up here. Heal up boys!
    Amen brother!! Weakness leaving the body.... love it! True too, because all the titanium makes the repaired bits muuuuuch stronger

And it's good to hear that motorcycle racing is much safer than mountainbiking!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Thanks Marty. Honestly, I'm fine already!! It doesn't hurt at all (it's not even all that uncomfortable). If I could get a boot on it, I'd ride right now!!
    Is that you or the endone talking? 😆

Glad it's going well. I did a few push-ups the other day and my shoulder has been in agony (along the plate) for the last 2 days. I was told my injury is extreme because it's the actual joint. I can't get over how long it's taking to recover :/ only positive is it gives me time to do some work to the bike 😊

Marty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Is that you or the endone talking? 
    It's good stuff alright, but I stopped taking it after a week. Still got half a pack here. Not gonna lie, the first week was quite painful, even with the drugs, but remarkably after a week the pain virtually stopped completely. A long day standing up will make it ache, but otherwise I'm really pleasantly surprised at how well it's healing, just 3 weeks in.

That's a real shame about your shoulder, mate. Joints are the worst. My other ankle (T1 back wheel) was mostly joint, and it was more painful and took longer to recover.

It's good stuff alright, but I stopped taking it after a week. Still got half a pack here. Not gonna lie, the first week was quite painful, even with the drugs, but remarkably after a week the pain virtually stopped completely. A long day standing up will make it ache, but otherwise I'm really pleasantly surprised at how well it's healing, just 3 weeks in.

That's a real shame about your shoulder, mate. Joints are the worst. My other ankle (T1 back wheel) was mostly joint, and it was more painful and took longer to recover.
    Getting that pin out soon Marshy???
    https://www.facebook.com/laz666/posts/10153474887608899

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Getting that pin out soon Marshy???
    https://www.facebook.com/laz666/posts/10153474887608899

Faaaaaark!!!!

I just vomited in my mouth, that was disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    I just vomited in my mouth, that was disgusting

I'M NEVER GETTING MINE OUT... It's part of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I'M NEVER GETTING MINE OUT... It's part of me now!
    I'm keeping mine too.... The sheer volume of titanium inside me increases my net worth significantly

But the best bit about titanium is the awesome colour it goes when it's heated up! How do we know how colourful you are without setting you on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    But the best bit about titanium is the awesome colour it goes when it's heated up! How do we know how colourful you are without setting you on fire?
    Hmmmm, good question!! Blowtorch on the various areas? Anyone got a thermal imaging camera?

Hmmmm, good question!! Blowtorch on the various areas? Anyone got a thermal imaging camera?
    Yep :-) I'll have it at WP tomorrow come see me lol
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Saw a great presentation on YT by the late Dr John Hinds re quick response teams in Irish road racing.

I will have my xray up soon from 4 hour. Broken tib and fib. Still sitting in hospital atm.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That drugged up grin hahaha and geez get ya self on a treadmill, look at those quake making calves!!!! its good to see that you're doing alright mate
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Yum yum yum. when are you out of hospital?
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Today all going well. Soon we can have the tarmac talk 600cc moon boot class haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    That drugged up grin hahaha and geez get ya self on a treadmill, look at those quake making calves!!!! its good to see that you're doing alright mate
    Haha thanks mate. I had the biggest highside two laps before.. no idea how I held onto it. Hope make round 5 but everyone keeps laughing at me :(

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Soon we can have the tarmac talk 600cc moon boot class haha. Tapatalk
    Hahaha, love it!!
    All the best for recovery mate.

Wow, crazy pins in the finger! They a permanent feature now?
    How's the bike looking? Anything terminal or is it mostly cosmetic?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    thought i broke my r shin but only grazed it.
    Cam you struck me as more the opposite type of bloke, more likely to say:

"thought it was just a graze but after 4 hours of riding on it found out it was broken"

Love the K-wire in the finger. I've had that in 2 of my fingers, very annoying when you forget it's there.

I'll give you a tip, don't pick you nose with that finger. Your nose won't enjoy it.

Heal up soon, you'll be back on the bike in no time.

Got back to sydney last night. Pain is still pretty bad. Got my bag of drugs. Potentially may need another operation or two.

Holy shit mate!! They're an impressive set of breaks. Heal fast. If you need anything, anything at all, I'm only around the corner.

Thanks Nick.. yeah did a good job. Beleive snapped some oggys off when got rear ended. Can't live alone yet as to difficult. And will do mate

I hit my thumb with a hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Wow, crazy pins in the finger! They a permanent feature now?
    How's the bike looking? Anything terminal or is it mostly cosmetic?
    pins out in 6 weeks,

bike looks pretty bad, haven't touched it yet. will wait till i get another job then attack it (might even start on weekend)
    but as u can see, the top fork clickers are ground off. so I might hit marshy up for a set of ohlins forks an to work hhis magic inside it.
    gunna strip the bike first an take it someone to straighten/check the frame as that is high priority first, then go from there.

fitzy, glad to hear ur home now, get well son, fkn idiot that took u out needs a right boot somewhere 0.o
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

fitzy, glad to hear ur home now, get well son, fkn idiot that took u out needs a right boot somewhere 0.o
    That's a bit harsh, while yes it's the person behinds responsibility to pass safely you miss a gear and stop accelerating gaps vanish pretty quickly on a straight. Doubt the following rider had much of a chance to avoid. Certainly from my garage you could hear a bike on it's limiter for a bit prior too the crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    That's a bit harsh, while yes it's the person behinds responsibility to pass safely you miss a gear and stop accelerating gaps vanish pretty quickly on a straight. Doubt the following rider had much of a chance to avoid. Certainly from my garage you could hear a bike on it's limiter for a bit prior too the crunch.
    harsh yea, but from what was said after the accident is what pissed me off, no going over to the injured rider an sayin "are you ok, im sorry etc", just thank fuck my bikes ok an blaa blaa, friends of fitzy approached the guy "whichard or what ever his name is, and said a few words to him, but he apparently got all offensive etc.

this is a (suposed to be) gentlmens sport, and if you're involved in accident, wether you're at fault or not, you should go an see the other rider and share your story on the events that took place, express your sympathy for the injured etc and move on, not get pissed off at othes or get offensive, ffs.

meh ... I'm the first one to admit I'm wrong an will say sorry etc, or explain why i did that manouvre etc, so all involved know exactly where everyone stands in that said situation.
    you've all got think logic in these situations, forget ya bike for a sec, an think about the fallen ones, bike can be fixed any time.

rant over
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Tonym3 View Post
    I hit my thumb with a hammer
    Ha!

the top fork clickers are ground off.
    I have a spare set of top caps you can have, Cam. I don't need them.

I have a spare set of top caps you can have, Cam. I don't need them.
    thanks Nick, but I need to check the outer tubes for any damage, it'll be a while before that happens tho :'(

that ... or i'll be lookin at full ohlins suspension
    visit my page:

To metal man,

It's interesting to hear that Fitzy's mates thought I was offensive. I don't recall that and I certainly wasn't pissed off at Fitzy for the crash. I did go down to medical to give my details and check on Fitzy. Didn't get much of a chance though coz he was in heaps of pain and needed to get further treatment.

I have sent Fitzy a pm apologising for hitting him, wishing him as speedy a recovery as possible and giving as much detail as I could recollect from the crash. I didn't want to start posting publicly since it's really not anybody else's business.

He certainly ended up worse than I did so I hope he accepts my apology and I'm happy to speak with him or his mates to clear up any questions or misunderstandings.

Again, it's very surprising and upsetting to hear that people thought I was angry and acting offensive after the crash.

Thanks,

Mick

I went into the back of someone at last years 4 hour if you remember :( was slip streaming a guy on a gixxer thou... planning to slipstream him down the straight and make a move into the kink as he was steady there ! Well turns out he was having qs probs all day so much so his bike stopped, just as i was getting into 3rd gear. I was straight up his clacker and went spinning down the straight :( wasnt happy , but shit happens.. he apologised later and i got away with a cracked thumb. Its the 4 hour and anything can and will happen. Adreneline is still flowing hard after an accident like that, so caution should be made on approaching anyone as there state of mind isnt exactly stable just give it time . No one means to hit anyone on track , its too bloody dodgy for all concerned. hope everyone makes a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Mickwitchy View Post
    To metal man,

It's interesting to hear that Fitzy's mates thought I was offensive. I don't recall that and I certainly wasn't pissed off at Fitzy for the crash. I did go down to medical to give my details and check on Fitzy. Didn't get much of a chance though coz he was in heaps of pain and needed to get further treatment.

I have sent Fitzy a pm apologising for hitting him, wishing him as speedy a recovery as possible and giving as much detail as I could recollect from the crash. I didn't want to start posting publicly since it's really not anybody else's business.

He certainly ended up worse than I did so I hope he accepts my apology and I'm happy to speak with him or his mates to clear up any questions or misunderstandings.

Again, it's very surprising and upsetting to hear that people thought I was angry and acting offensive after the crash.

Thanks,

Mick
    good to hear you done that. Like I mentioned, it is a gentlemen's sport, and apologies are the order of the day following an incident.
    visit my page:

Thread Information