Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St George MCC

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Be honest, Lawson.... you just want to wear more fluoro!!
    I'm secretly hoping I stay a D grader so I can keep the Fluoro... 1:43 is slower than Brayden Elliot and he is a D grader

GAZ37 WASSSSUPPPPPPP :P and any excuse for more fluoro is a GREAT thing!!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Was there a problem with radiator fluid spills at last meet?

D graders & vests sounds like very sensible, certainly a good reason to want to get the fark out of D grade. But will it make it easier to spot parked bikes further up the grid when the lights go out?

Yes pay the damn flaggies, the SMSP contract requires them to pay tens of thousands for the hundreds of security staff.
    To answer your question Rick there was a problem with ppl running coolant all weekend - if it keeps happening eventually it will run the same way as the American system where everyone rocks up with a dry radiator and it is filled by a marshall - in the result of a accident ,if it is then found to have been tampered with your banned for that year.

I'm all for a revision of the rules but I'm not sure a bright vest would have helped me or anybody involved with my incident...
    50 bikes is too many for such a short course and the grid spacing, I think, is too close.
    What if rookies started from the back of the grid for a period of time??
    I was right on the start line when this incident happened and was one of the first on the scene of your accident Sicko You are correct in saying that a vest wouldnt of helped in your case, it was a pure race incident. As the pack parted to go around you, unfortunately the back markers couldnt see you - im real glad you were all ok mate - this incident rattled me to say the least.
    The bullshitstops when the clutch drops

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Torque View Post
    To answer your question Rick there was a problem with ppl running coolant all weekend
    I'm going to suggest that the 'problem' is people like Gaz - and all of us!! - that have drained the system, flushed it, and filled it up with water, but the tint remains due to the very small amount of residual coolant hidden in the system. To my mind, this is NOT "running coolant", but yet this is what Gaz and others are being accused of, and is why we are now in this situation.

So, without dismantling the engine and the whole cooling system, how much of a trace is acceptable? If the answer is 'none', how many flushes does it take to remove all traces? What if it's essentially impossible?

How is the water deemed to be pure water? What is the test procedure? Just eyeballed? Specific gravity test? Send it away to a lab?? I'd hate to see people consistently being sent away to re-drain and re-fill their radiators because the difference between a microscopic trace and full coolant is subjectively determined by an old dude with bad eyesight in a dark garage at 7am during scrutineering.

Also, I know that technically coolant is slippery when dumped on a racetrack, but how many people have EVER seen that happen?? Cars, yes, because the radiator at the front is the first thing to get damaged. But bikes?? I've never seen it, ever.

Sooooo, are we overreacting just a bit here? Why not concentrate on ensuring OIL is as contained as possible. That's the thing that everyone crashes on, and causes major delays while cleaning it up.

Thoughts?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'm going to suggest that the 'problem' is people like Gaz - and all of us!! - that have drained the system, flushed it, and filled it up with water, but the tint remains due to the very small amount of residual coolant hidden in the system. To my mind, this is NOT "running coolant", but yet this is what Gaz and others are being accused of, and is why we are now in this situation.

So, without dismantling the engine and the whole cooling system, how much of a trace is acceptable? If the answer is 'none', how many flushes does it take to remove all traces? What if it's essentially impossible?

How is the water deemed to be pure water? What is the test procedure? Just eyeballed? Specific gravity test? Send it away to a lab?? I'd hate to see people consistently being sent away to re-drain and re-fill their radiators because the difference between a microscopic trace and full coolant is subjectively determined by an old dude with bad eyesight in a dark garage at 7am during scrutineering.

Also, I know that technically coolant is slippery when dumped on a racetrack, but how many people have EVER seen that happen?? Cars, yes, because the radiator at the front is the first thing to get damaged. But bikes?? I've never seen it, ever.

Sooooo, are we overreacting just a bit here? Why not concentrate on ensuring OIL is as contained as possible. That's the thing that everyone crashes on, and causes major delays while cleaning it up.

Thoughts?
    Of the bikes i cleaned up at various race meets coolant was apparent and not only this race incident, and i have bad eye sight and it was as plain as day, not just a little green FLOURECENT... Im not pointing any fingers just merely a observation from my experience running recovery...

if these things keep happening unfortunately this is the direction the organisers will have to take to stop ppl doing the wrong thing or pleading ignorance!

But yes it is a small part of the puzzle, at the end of the day more track time and fewer acco's is the name of the game.
    Last edited by Lets Torque; 16-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.

ps dropped those $$$ int your account tonight Marshy will text you my address - might try and pick them up tomorrow as im at the track on Thurs - wats your movements?

Real glad you were all ok mate - this incident rattled me to say the least.
    Really appreciate your having helped out mate. Made all the difference to me getting medical help as quickly as I did.
    Happy to say I'm recovering well tho, sorry for the rattle!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

But yes it is a small part of the puzzle, at the end of the day more track time and fewer acco's is the name of the game.
    Well in favour of this... Happy to play a part in cutting down on the acco's, even if it is by wearing a vest!
    Keen to hear of any other recurring issues and what could be done about them...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

ps dropped those $$$ int your account tonight Marshy will text you my address - might try and pick them up tomorrow as im at the track on Thurs - wats your movements?
    Around tomorrow mate, if you wanna swing by. Just call first.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Really appreciate your having helped out mate. Made all the difference to me getting medical help as quickly as I did.
    Happy to say I'm recovering well tho, sorry for the rattle!
    no sweat pal - glad your all good my friend

simply run the hose in your rad and have the bottom hose or drain out while the engine is running , if this is not possible then you must stay at home and have mummy feed you your porridge

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    simply run the hose in your rad and have the bottom hose or drain out while the engine is running , if this is not possible then you must stay at home and have mummy feed you your porridge
    Wow.....
    All we need to do now is teach you where the emoji are on your phone and you're basically Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Wow.....
    All we need to do now is teach you where the emoji are on your phone and you're basically Einstein
    The who ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be farkt if I know where they are
    Y the. !!!! Do they call em that ?

Thread Information