Thread: James' UK Racing Thread

James' UK Racing Thread

To save me littering other threads with stuff about my new UK Tracklife I thought best to create my own thread.

Firstly, as per Rick B's request - this is the race series I am looking enter for 2015. Metzler Newcomers Cup and No Limits Cup are the two classes I intend to enter.
    http://nolimitstrackdays.com/no-limi...2015-calender/

Having done a couple TD's with this mob, seems well run by some good people and good selection of tracks. I have also been looking at the following clubs which I may do a race here and there with but overall Nolimits seem to have the best reputation.

Hottrax
    http://www.hottrax-motorsport.co.uk/
    Bemsee
    https://www.bemsee.net/event-calendar
    Thundersport
    http://www.thundersportgb.com/index.php/dates-2015

Couple of vids to keep you entertained...

Very wet day at Oulton park circuit (near Manchester). Great track, even in the wet. Flowing, hilly, blind crests, blind corners, tricky cambers and a couple of really slow chicanes. Can't wait to hit it in the dry! Second day on the new ride (cbr600 07), second ride ever on wets. This session was the only one where is wasn't teeming down.
    Took some time to work out how much grip I actually had with the wets (heaps as it turns out) but I was still pretty timid with the throttle and corner speed.

Wet day at Snetterton 300 circuit. Excellent circuit! Pretty flat and pretty fast corners mostly. Although I came nowhere near to mastering any of them. Last day of autumn, last TD of the year (I was pretty sure when booking in sept that this day would be cancelled) a high temp of 7 degrees. With only 4 sessions planned due to daylight issues, not a whole lot of track time was had due to the multiple red flags in session 1 -3. (my favourite was some guy crashing halfway down the straight on the out lap of the first sighting lap. WTF c.nt. W.T.F.). totalled his bike, lolz.
    I think i got maybe 2 uninterrupted laps before this session. Fading light was bad, but even worse was my visor completely fogging up just before bridge and the last sweeping right hander. Was a bit of fun chasing a gsxr thou and R1. Quite glad I got sometime on this circuit as it will be the first circuit I am racing on in 2015.

Thanks for the vids , Keep us updated on how you get on in 2015 , don't forget to post up some pics of the bike too.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

That's awesome James! I'm so jealous of that racing calendar, but definitely don't envy the weather haha. Looks like your spoiled for choice with the tracks and operators, I'm guessing theres a lot more tracks physically closer to you?

I'll watch the vids when I get home.

Tell us about the bike! Glad to see you stayed true to team Honda :p

Cheers
    Marty

James, I can see you are going to become an expert in the wet by the time you return!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    James, I can see you are going to become an expert in the wet by the time you return!
    Hahahah! The 40+ days out at the Creek may take some getting used to again tho!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Got JW stayin here on the hill , and he was tellin me how farkin much the pomms are spending and how little they get for there pound , we are so farkin lucky down here , its just the driving that stinks .

International Tracklife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    Thanks for the vids , Keep us updated on how you get on in 2015 , don't forget to post up some pics of the bike too.
    ^^^^^^ #bikepix

do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    That's awesome James! I'm so jealous of that racing calendar, but definitely don't envy the weather haha. Looks like your spoiled for choice with the tracks and operators, I'm guessing theres a lot more tracks physically closer to you?

I'll watch the vids when I get home.

Tell us about the bike! Glad to see you stayed true to team Honda :p

Cheers
    Marty
    Yeah, heaps of tracks for TD's and racing however all the tracks are about 2 hours + away. Closest is Brands Hatch, which is just outside of London and even that is about 1.5 hours away. Sleeping arrangements in the van are being investigated!

It was close at one point, but I stayed with team Honda!

Can't wait to read regular updates!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    Got JW stayin here on the hill , and he was tellin me how farkin much the pomms are spending and how little they get for there pound , we are so farkin lucky down here , its just the driving that stinks .
    JW is right! It seems to be a slightly more expensive past time than in Aus. Some TD's are cheap (compared to ECRD), everything else seems slightly higher, entry fees, tyres, fuel. Id even say after looking around for a few months bikes are slightly more expensive... which was a slight surprise considering the many racers and race clubs throughout the UK.

Major advantage of the UK is euro tracks are a small hop away!

A bit about the new ride:

Bought the bike off Sicko's brother, another track day junkie who had just upgraded to a Fireblade. Bike is in pretty good nick, had a few tumbles but nothing severe.

2007 CBR600RR

* Standard Engine
    * CRC Fairings Track Fairings painted white
    * Stomp Grips
    * K-Tech 20SSK front fork piston kit + new springs
    * K-Tech 35DDS rear shock (and spring)
    * ASV Short Levers
    * Standard electronic steering damper
    * STM Slipper Clutch
    * HM Quickshifter
    * R&G Crash Bungs and Bar Ends
    * GB Racing Engine Covers
    * Diamond rearsets
    * Power Commander III
    * Akrapovic slip on
    * HRC rear brake fluid reservoir
    * Metzeler slicks on the dry wheels
    * Bridgestone wets on the wet wheels
    * 520 conversion (Renthal chain & sprockets)
    * Shortened gearing (-1 front +2 rear)

Some pics...

IMG-20140914-WA0003.jpgIMG_20141005_151529.jpgIMG_20141005_151352.jpg

Very nice! It's well-equipped

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post

Bought the bike off Sicko's brother, another track day junkie who had just upgraded to a Fireblade. Bike is in pretty good nick, had a few tumbles but nothing severe.
    Here's me overtaking it, with previous fairings, at Cadwell park..... just for your reference

2007 CBR600RR

* Standard Engine
    * CRC Fairings Track Fairings painted white
    * Stomp Grips
    * K-Tech 20SSK front fork piston kit + new springs
    * K-Tech 35DDS rear shock (and spring)
    * ASV Short Levers
    * Standard electronic steering damper
    * STM Slipper Clutch
    * HM Quickshifter
    * R&G Crash Bungs and Bar Ends
    * GB Racing Engine Covers
    * Diamond rearsets
    * Power Commander III
    * Akrapovic slip on
    * HRC rear brake fluid reservoir
    * Metzeler slicks on the dry wheels
    * Bridgestone wets on the wet wheels
    * 520 conversion (Renthal chain & sprockets)
    * Shortened gearing (-1 front +2 rear)

Some pics...

IMG-20140914-WA0003.jpgIMG_20141005_151529.jpgIMG_20141005_151352.jpg
    Nice spec sheet mate! I just watched your videos, it seems like your taking to the wet pretty well.

Marty

had a few tumbles but nothing severe.
    Only one I'm aware of...
    Low-side at Rockingham

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Only one I'm aware of...
    Low-side at Rockingham
    ah, cool. that sounds familiar actually.

So I haven't posted much as tracklife has been almost non existent over the last few months. Winter is a major drag.
    The biggest news is that I doubled my lockup/workshop space, so now I have enough room to swing a cat, or crack fox (or second bike)... and its cheaper!! I found out there is a tool shed onsite, from which I borrowed an angle grinder! There is only one water tap onsite, so sunday was BYO hose.

Now that I am getting more set up, I have a constant feeling of de ja vu. It's kinda strange to be creating a garage and track kit from almost scratch, especially when I write it down. As you can tell from the items listed below I have managed to do a few things in the cold months. Nothing major. I had the pleasure of doing my fork seals twice thanks to either All Balls cocking up, or supplier of all balls cocking up, where the seals were just a tiny bit too big and were leaking oil almost instantly. Buying some OEM seals and they measure 1mm different!

A few things that I have bought or made to help with the self servicing aspect and getting the bike ready for the season.
    and some things.. just because;

(pics coming)

Work Bench!
    access ramp
    Vice
    Fork spring compressor
    Fork holder - servicing
    Fork oil level tool
    Fork bleed tool
    Fork seal driver
    head lift stand
    Inverter Generator
    fuel jug
    wheel balancer

New bits of kit:
    Hel braided lines
    Vesrah pads
    adj levers
    front discs
    disc bolts
    clip ons
    Brake fluid
    fork oil
    engine oil
    oil filter
    distilled water
    spark plugs
    tyres
    lubes
    dog tags - yep, required for racing! no blood type, just name and DOB. I find that very strange.

and still need a 2kg powder fire extinguisher for the van. no vehicles in paddock without extinguishers!

Another big development, I have completed the theory and practical elements of racing licence application - an hour in class room mainly talking about classes and flags, and a couple sessions on track to show I know where the throttle is. Plus a practice race start.
    After getting my eyes tested (mandatory) I have sent off my form. Now awaiting plastic card.

Costs are spread over different areas but I think its on par with MA.
    Prac and theory £80 (normally £125)
    Eye test £15
    Club Membership £35
    Application £48

But, unlike MA, its only £48 to renew with eye tests required every 2 years.

So, my first race this year was to be on the 21st march at snetterton....however with 3 days at Jerez booked a week later, the TDO has decided to collect bikes for shipping on the 21st march! bummer. Now my first race will be at Oulton Park on the 11th April. Then every fortnight or so for a few months.

I will upload some photos so this post makes a bit more sense and isn't just me rambling about shite.

Good write up lad #tracklife

do a burnout

Keep it coming, mate

Awesome James! Shame about the off season but the rest is amazing. Jerez!

Eye test is interesting ... so they note on your license if you need glasses ... just like a drivers license ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Eye test is interesting ... so they note on your license if you need glasses ... just like a drivers license ...
    Farken great idea this!! There are some blind mofos out on track....

Marty - Yeah so keen for jerez! Having an off season is probably a good idea if you get many rounds in during the season. But if like me you move to a place bikeless and mid season, it bites dick.

Phat3R and Marshy - agreed, I think its a good idea! kinda ironic that MA don't (to my knowledge) acknowledge the vision thing.... Im sure there is a whole day worth of CSS regarding vision!!!

2015 Update!

Hi all… some very over due race and ride reports…

I writing this all in one go some time after the events, so it may lack the important details and may not make any sense to anyone but me. Typically I will end up ranting so apologies for being long winded upfront!

Oulton Park Circuit, No Limits Racing MC April 2015 - 600 Metzeler Newcomers Series, Apri 2015
    Was great to be back in the paddock even though it was pretty cold still. Upon arrival I was shocked/impressed with the turn out - Fucking rammed! Caravans, trucks, buses, vans and pit tents galore! There are plenty of pit garages however they are reserved for endurance teams all weekend. It seems the racing culture here is a kind where you live/camp at the race track for the entirety of the race weekend and then some. And bring the whole family. So much coin thrown at peoples set ups. There is a big focus on endurance team racing in clubs here, that I wasn’t really expecting, but it is pretty cool and wouldn’t mind getting into which is what I think brings focus on bringing half your house, your whole family and your whole garage to the track. Good vibe happening all round. Scrutineering was the usual long wait but they were pretty laid back tbh, mainly checking safety rather than regulation sized numbers n all that shite.
    Schedule went like this:

Friday:
    2 x 14 minute practice sessions 9/10am
    1 x practice session at 340pm
    1 x Qualify at 5pm

Saturday:
    1 x 10 min practice 9:10am
    Endurance race - 4 hours
    12 lap race at 3pm
    12 lap race at 5pm

Practice sessions were ok, Dry track, slight cloud, cold wind, some blue sky. I had been to Oulton once before but it was raining, naturally. I thought I should be ok for qual BUT just before all the practice sessions on friday started it was announced the 2nd Ambo couldn’t make it for the prac and qual sessions ….. insurance etc blah blah ….forcing the club to move everything to the next morning. So the schedule changed to this:

Saturday:
    1 x 10 min practice 9:10am
    1 x 10 min qual 9:50am
    Endurance race
    12 lap race at 3pm
    12 lap race at 5pm

Waking up to rain on saturday morning was slightly annoying, but hey. Once I got to the track rain was ceasing, but still threatening and track very wet.

Qual was ok, very slippery ended up in with p23/35. Happy enough with that. Was a little shocked at the 10 sec gap between the top 5 runners compared to the rest of the field who spanned a further 10 - 20 seconds. (turns out (gossip) these dudes stay on rookie licences for 3 or 4 years to chase trophies, bastards! ...Fast bastards!) The pace overall is pretty damn quick though!

First race was typically manic in every way. Not the greatest start, usual shenanigans from other dudes, few yellows out on lap 1, starting to enjoy it all when the safety car flag comes out….much confusion as to what this means from some guy in front of me who slowed riiiiiight doooooooown… risking a penalty, a few others and I got bored with that and broke free for about two laps, with the pack now long gone…until the race was red flagged 4 laps into a 12 lap race. :(
    Finished in 22nd. The qualifying for the next race was going of fastest lap time from the previous race. Since a few of us never got going we never set a good time and we all lost about 8 grid positions.
    Starting from p30/35 I was pumped cause I knew I could easily get passed the 10 riders in front of me. Weather became awesome (read; not grey)... bit cold but sun and dry track. Go out on sighting lap, as we enter last sector I have trouble changing gear. pulling up to grid I still have trouble, Hm. trying to find first….click click click CLICK. Got it….. Red lights out...
    Didn’t got it. Was still in third, rode the clutch like a mofo off the start, manic first corner, bog down cause of 3rd gear, T2 hand a bike and man cartwheeling across the track. Still stuck in third, decide to retire, then race was red flagged. Pull into pits, check it out, bloody bolt had snapped in the casing from rearset gear shifter pivot bracket. Which was fouling the action of the gear shifter. Muthafucker. Race day over.
    So, great experience, dropped about 8 seconds over the weekend, a lot of waiting around and not the amount of track time preferred but thats how it goes. Good fun, good club, good meet!

Vid of the first race:

Snetterton 300 Hottrax MC May 2015 - Rookie 600 series, May 2015
    Having recently spent 3 days at Jerez and having been to snetterton twice before I was looking forward to this round. Hottrax seemed to be a well organised club, good vibe although turnout seemed to be lacking. Weather was forecast to be sunny, but of course come race weekend it was a bit shit.

Schedule:
    Saturday
    1 x 14min practice 910am
    1 x 14 min qual 940am
    Race 1 1130am
    Endurance race

Sunday
    1 x 10 min prac
    1 x 10 min qual (for race 3)
    Race 2 12am
    Race 3 2pm
    Race 4 4pm

Morning sessions on saturday were ok, but due lack of entries a last minute decision was made to combine all 600 classes (clubman, pre-national, power stock and rookie). Wasn’t sure how this would affect things as the front runners like John Lea, the Parish Brothers and Gaz Evans are all competitors in the IOM TT and MANX GP series…… it’l either be great to ride alongside them, or extremely embarrassing getting lapped 3 times per race. Turns out it was closer the the former.
    In qual it was hard to find some clear track with only 14 minutes on a long circuit, most of us only managed 3 flying laps. I qualified 18/30 over all, 6th in rookie class. Once again happy enough but obviously knew I could have done better.
    First race was ok. Never found a rhythm and was lacking vibe. Start not great and several mistakes mainly on lap 3, I lost 3 positions finishing in 21st. If nothing else I managed to get a feel for they guys I was racing against.

Sunday mornings weather was looking a bit grim. Much colder with dark clouds threatening, however the rain held off until the afternoon. The qual session was ok, battling with a cold slippery track surface, and although dropping 4 seconds from yesterdays qual I only managed 19th, 6th rookie again.

The first race on sunday (race 2) had me starting from 18th again and I was feeling good. Pumped, ready for a good race. Start was better than previous race however after a lap or so I was down on power and bike was intermittently sputtering. Uh oh. Tried the Jeremy Clarkson more POW-WER technique praying it was a bit of dirt clogging an injector or something…. but it wasn’t. Had to retire after 4 laps.
    Turned out to be one of the inline HM coil connecters had loosened enough to break contact making cyl 3 not fire. easy enough fix. Spueing I had to retire, again. 0h well.

Prior to race 3 rain had fallen onto the circuit. Not much, and surface was starting to dry although weather wasn’t hot or windy enough to dry quickly. Umming and erring about tyre choice, after studying weather radar for a while I decide to go slicks. 3/4 of the field went on slicks and 1/4 went for wets. Few people sat the race out.
    Grid up, rain on visor. Sighting lap showed the back half of the circuit was dry, some tricky corners were still wet. Someone got on the brakes a bit too hard at the end of the back straight and crashed, which left us sitting on a cold grid for about 8 minutes whilst they recovered old mates bike.
    So with everyone on cold tyres, some with wets, really cold surface, another sighting lap then the race got underway. Pretty pumped. Start was meh, Got a few positions on the run to t1, was in the middle of a pack for t2 and t3, was out braked in t4, then held position for a couple laps. Took the first 2 laps pretty easy with grip levels on the mind. The sun was trying to come through during the race, helping the mental side of things. Found a good rhythm around lap 4 and soon after found it quite easy to hunt down the guy in front and get passed him. Unfortunately, the camera stopped about halfway through the race - I should have reset after sighting lap crash. I was having a ball on the second half of the race passing a few more dudes, having a bit of a battle with a R6 and pushing beyond my limits.
    Finished 8th overall, 4th rookie. Pretty happy with that and felt confident heading into the last race.

Waiting around for a hour or so watching the rain clouds roll in was a bit boring. Watching the radar, clouds should pass with no rain. The litre bikes were out and was the race before mine. On their grid the rain came down. Hard. Half a lap and the race was red flagged. Poor buggers had to limp back to pits in pissing rain on slicks. Literally straight away my race was called up, and although I had a couple of randoms (that I was chatting to ironically or not about the weather) offer to help swap wheels, there simply wasn’t enough time and only a minute or so later the pits were closed and my race ran with only 8 bikes on the grid. Not too happy about that. I assume those that went out had a wet bike or were really clued in to how quick the rain would come and already had wets on. Great example of the awesomeness of having a wet bike!!

Overall a good weekend. Would have been good to be in the last race, but hey. Bike is in one piece for the Brno trip soon after.
    Best time was a 2:09.7. Really happy with that as prior to the weekend I was sitting in the high teens and my best qual time was 2:14.2. Was hoping for sub 10 but with such a cold surface I didn’t see it happening easily. Some sad news port race weekend, Hottrax ceased trading. So my planned racing schedule just halved. :(

Vid from race 3:
    https://youtu.be/Lr6cuBRoSlg

Silverstone International Circuit - No Limits Racing MC, Newcomers 600s and No Limits Cup 600s, July 2015
    Once again, the paddock was absolutely packed. Squeezed into a spot and made friends with next door who happened to be the guy that made an appearance in my oulton park vid @1:29. Having just come from 3 days at Brno, I was comfortable with the bike and pretty pumped for this round. Plus, this round I cross entered into the No Limits Cup 600 category to enable more track time and less waiting around - plus a much better pedigree than rookie class, thus, quite aware I could be running dead last. It was always going to be an interesting round as not many people have ridden this circuit, in riders briefing everyone was asked if they had ridden the international before, about 10 dudes out of 200 put their hands up. The facilities were, as expected, top notch. The pits where more akin to a warehouse than garage. Vast. Uncommon for a uk circuit! Track surface was exceptional in most parts, about as good as eastern creek, except for the link road used on the international layout.

Much the same Schedule as other rounds:

Saturday
    1 x 15 min prac 910am
    1 x 10 min qual 1010am - Newcomers
    1 x 10 min qual 1050am - NLCup
    Race 1 @ 1205pm - newcomers
    Race 2 @ 1245pm - no limits cup
    Endurance race

Sunday
    1 x 12 min prac 910am
    1 x 12 min prac 945 am
    1 x 10 min qual 1010am - Newcomers
    1 x 10 min qual 1040 - no limits cup
    Race 3 1115am
    Race 4 115pm
    Race 5 245pm
    Race 6 330pm
    Race 7 430pm
    Race 8 545pm

Saturday started off well, weather warm and no rain. Got out for the prac and qual sessions trying to find my way around in crazy amounts of traffic. I have most corners worked out by now, trying to focus on the first and last turns, both blind, both quick, both with no room for error, both all about hitting the perfect mark at the perfect speed.
    The circuit is only a couple of k’s long (tiny bit longer than WP) and both races I was in had 40 and 42 riders respectively. As well as a new circuit, I had just replaced my clutch friction plates as well as re-installing my stm slipper clutch after the Brno jaunt, so my first real test was the prac session, and then the next real test of starting would be start of race 1. Didn’t think I did well in either qual, Newcomers was 25th/40 and NLcup was 35/42, which was ok in hindsight I guess.

First race was the usual panic and nonsense at T1, then the field settled itself after a few laps. The start was pretty crappy as the new clutch meant my gripping point was further out than what I am used to, making it slow and having to ride the clutch a whole lot more. I was making a few mistakes throughout race and still trying to work out the fastest line, especially coming onto the straight - a deceptive corner than has a jump at the entry to it, which depending how you land can be awesome or totally not awesome. For positioning I think it was a case of the ol, 'get a few lose a few' and I ended up finishing 24th. Crazy but fun!

Race 2 was a bit more fun and less panicked, fewer rookies is the answer why. Not a great start off the line but run to t1 was good, made a few positions on the first lap, then lost a few in the remaining laps. Found a groove with about 3 or 4 other bikes, couldn’t get passed em though. Can see that these guys are much better riders than rookie. A few yellow flags, ended up in 24th (fastest lap = p26 on next grid).

Sunday was a mixed day of weather, the main focus on storms in the afternoon. Morning session helped to get more comfortable with markers and track characteristics but not very quick due to rain. A damp qualify on wets got me to p16 for race 5 newcomers p20 for race 6 in NLCup
    Then headed into race 3 quite keen to do well. Terrible start, sent the bike skywards. The race seemed to be chaotic although that seems to be the norm for rookie racing. One guy seemed to be charging every corner and being dangerous in general, almost took me and several other guys out until the inevitable happened and he clipped someones rear aka “the marquez”.

There was a fair bit of rain in the early afternoon and therefore MUCH waiting around; starting to become one of those afternoons. It rained, then they swept the track of standing water. Then it rained again and they swept it again. Then there was an incident on the starting line, no chopper needed but still not great. Unsure what happened but oil all across grid, off racing line. Finally after a few hours it was announced only a couple of the 10 or so remaining races will be run and the schedule will be all over the place. My next races were race 6 (NLCup), race 5 (newcomer) and race 8 (NLCup) after the incident break.

Strange vibe was felt pre race as the sun was out, the track was soaking wet and no one knew what was going on. Bring on the Carnage!
    It wasn’t really until I hit the sighting lap did I realise this was my first proper WET race. And fuck me was it wet. Made worse by the blaring sunshine reflecting off every drop of water being spun up by the guy in front. This will be interesting. Blinding AND wet.

The start from p26 wasn’t entirely bad from me, but the entry into T1 was a lot faster than I was expecting given the standing water and my total lack of experience charging T1 in the wet. I had to make one of the moves where you ain’t sure if it will stick. Luckily it did stick and I continued on at a cautious rate, totally unsure of my grip level, kinda just going with the flow. Grip turned out to be ok and water dried off reasonably quickly, one of those times you love the english summer. Making a few places early on I was trying to hunt the guy in front. About halfway through the track was 3/4 dry and felt I had a good pace - on wets on a drying surface. Lap times obviously not incredible but having fun. Finished in 21st.

Due to delays for some reason my next race was back to back. So straight out through pard ferme - where we are held for a few minutes after each race - straight onto the grid for the next race. Happy to see everyone has chosen wets. Track is almost dry but some puddles in the dicey spots as per. Also happy to see my tank is half full!
    Sighting lap lets me see how shaky and nervous most of the riders are. Whereas I am pumped from the last race and know the track has grip for days.
    Grid up, great start, probably the best to date, get a got spot into T1, I think I go wide to get the line for T2 and it pays off. I can see I am placed well, and making ground on the guy in front. Get him and another towards the end of lap 1. Focus on hitting corners well, riding pretty good with the odd mis-calculation and mistake, lost one position in particular by an excited love tap from one bloke at T3 on lap 8 I think. Otherwise riding ok, even start lapping some people. Tyres are getting really hot and start crab walking whilst leant over. Its the strangest feeling. Not a good feeling either, feels like it could let go at any moment. Track is pretty much dry as a Nun’s now and have zero feel from the cooking wets. Manage to hold on to the end, sans the last few corners where ol matey gets passed me. The situation wasn’t helped by a lapped rider getting in the middle of my last chance overtaking spot. Epic race tho, so much fun! Finished 10th.

The last race of the day was back on slicks in the NLCup. Last race of the day after a long day. Starting from p20 I had a decent start, a couple of “oh fuck” moments and found myself in the same group I was in during saturdays dry race. It was great to be back on the dry track on slicks and the pace was quick. A fun race, scraping with a couple of lads. Finished in 17th.

Overall, a great weekend of racing. I have missed the next two NO limits rounds due to timing, distance and lack of funds but cannot wait for the next and last one, which is Donington in October.

Vid of race 5:
    https://youtu.be/-8rcoqhUlhw

Great read James , thanks for the update .

How lucky was that at the 1:33 mark in the 1st vid of oulton park.
    Last edited by BoB; 17-08-2015 at 07:08 PM.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

That's heaps good James, those tracks look so cool to ride!

Epic ! Good work mate

Bob - yep, definite but-clencher!! could have been real bad, quite a hard braking zone downhill.

Marty - They are good fun, I prefer fast sweeping though. UK are way more technical than video shows, esp Oulton. Tricky/fun/scary!

Lee - Cheers mate! keen to know what tracks have you done in uk?

haha Welcome to the UK style of racing ! no delaying the start for rain...... you race what you have got on your bike making me homesick man epic reading and great fun

Also noting all the NOVICE vests they do work dont they
    Last edited by Stu23; 03-09-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information