Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St George Rnd1 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    From the Special Regs, for those that don't read Supp Regs:

OTHER CHANGES
    As per the last season, a rider must provide an official at least once in the 2015 season to be eligiblefor series prizes. Changes for 2015 include: the official must be provided for a FULL DAY and theofficial provided can NOT be a member of the St George MCC Management Committee.
    yep, they are looking for flaggies
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

It probably goes without saying, but I just sent my form in to ARDC for the practice day on Friday, and they confirmed that there are 15 registrations already, so us bikes are getting an allocated session on Friday.

You're welcome
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

It probably goes without saying, but I just sent my form in to ARDC for the practice day on Friday, and they confirmed that there are 15 registrations already, so us bikes are getting an allocated session on Friday.

You're welcome
    Thanks marshy, your a top bloke

We setting up in pit 17 for the weekend?

Will try and get down there on time Friday morning for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    We setting up in pit 17 for the weekend?
    Yeah mate; start as we intend to continue.

Yeah mate; start as we intend to continue.
    Nice one, see you Friday morning!

Nice one, see you Friday morning!

So y'all can thank me.... I just bought some new wets, and the forecast has dramatically and immediately improved! It is now almost certain not to rain. (I know, I know, I'm just that caring and generous).

Check it. Farking ideal:

Friday 30 January

SummaryMin 14Max 29Mostly sunny.Sydney area

Sunny morning. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the evening. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon then tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
    Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Saturday 31 January

SummaryMin 15Max 29Mostly sunny.Sydney area

Mostly sunny. Light winds.

Sunday 1 February

SummaryMin 16Max 29Possible shower.Sydney area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I etcetera.

Now just make sure you always have them with you marshy
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Well done Nick ... you could make a fortune with this trick at weddings!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Well done Nick ... you could make a fortune with this trick at weddings!
    Mmmm, new business opportunity!

I dunno about anyone else, but I am absolutely bouncing off the walls with excitement!! I'm nowhere near ready for tomorrow, but I can't wait!!!!!

I'm nowhere near ready for tomorrow, but I can't wait!!!!!
    Hummm busy as a One Legged man in a bum kicking contest but thought I'd start the race bike up in case there was an issue (just parked it end of last round... o so I thought) ... oops stole the battery out of it for something else ... still better now than Friday at 6pm

Quick question guys. First time doing rnd 1. Does our ardc membership get us entry? Or do we have to use our supplied tickets?

Cheers

Windy

ARDC works

bikes are ready, doing a tyre run now (ish), got my wet practice done on tuesday, ready to kick arse!!!!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Finally finished packing!! And tyre changing, and sorting stuff out. Probably forgotten heaps of stuff

See ya all there, bright and early!!

Good luck to all that are racing at the weekend. I will be thinking of you and checking the times from snowbound England... brrr..
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Thanks mate! Top day today. The new surfacing is a bit so-so. I've just checked some data and it looks like I've lost in the first two sectors and gained back about the same in the last two sectors. There's no doubt T9 is faster, quite a bit faster, especially the exit, which makes 10-11 better too. T1 hasn't really changed (there's only a small patch late in the corner), and T4 is still just as bumpy, but without the seam in the middle of the track that always used to make the rear step out for me. So that's good, but overall I'm slower through there because it seems very slippery. Dirty, maybe?

RACING TOMORROW!!!!!

was really grippy in the rain on Thursday... your mind playing tricks on you?

Maybe. We will see, because it's RACEDAY!!!!!

Soooooo, just checking in from Westmead, where I'm patiently waiting to see a doctor. Nothing serious - just my ankle is very sore, and I just want the ok that it's not broken, so i can ride tomorrow without worrying about doing heaps more damage.
    Can't walk on it, but it only hurts when I put weight on it, so I suspect it's not too serious.

That's from my bicycle accident today, of course.

Hope all is ok mate. Look forward to seeing you out there tomorrow.

?

/
    That's from my bicycle accident today, of course.

Will they be able to save the lycra ?

Hope you are ok mate, my leg hurts (from changing gear) and I can't walk #soft

Was a good day out there yesterday besides Nick getting tangled up in someone else's shit. Managed a 1.36.2 and getting better with the race craft. Well done to Ben and Lee with there time too. All the best to everyone today , PB's all round. It was quite out there without one eye , are you alright Wetty.
    Last edited by stevem; 01-02-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Let's hope your ankle is not bad mate.
    Good day yesterday as Steve said PB coming good for nearly everyone.
    Ran quite a few 43.1 in the last race, so quite happy with that.

Let's hope your ankle is not bad mate.
    Good day yesterday as Steve said PB coming good for nearly everyone.
    Ran quite a few 43.1 in the last race, so quite happy with that.

Well done mate!

My leg is gone I'll be spectating only today

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Well done mate!

My leg is gone I'll be spectating only today
    That's shit! But your leg didn't look good yesterday. See you later in the day mate.

Nick I was flagging at T3 both days and your bike looked really smooth through there. Some bikes, especially on the Sat, were not riding the bumps through T3 very well at all.

The flagging at T2 is quite tricky, the T2 guys missed two bikes that went down on the exit as they can't see it over the rise if the bike and rider are down. The T3 flaggy can see the blind spot but is suppose to be looking the other way, ie in race direction. From T3 I had to call rider down for both Marshy's off and the oil incident today. I ended up rubber necking the entire 180 degrees.

Speaking of oil incident, the bike that caused the mess had a belly pan with a rear lip that was no higher than 10mm ... there is no way it could hold enough oil.

Highlight of the weekend for me was watching Aiden Wagner ride, his flick rate from T2 to T3 is phenomenal, and it sounded / looked like we was the only rider that was adding gas from exit of T2 to end of T3.

Had a cracking weekend beating my old pb by 4 seconds to get a 42.5 and get 4th outright in the last clubsport race by the narrowest of Margins and wrapped up c grade for my first personal trophy!

Must say everyone in 600s were great to race with. Didn't see or experience many dodgey passes. Had such a ball I'll be back for Bradford

Although the camera rule was kinda bs
    Last edited by Binksy; 01-02-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Nick I was flagging at T3 both days and your bike looked really smooth through there. Some bikes, especially on the Sat, were not riding the bumps through T3 very well at all.

The flagging at T2 is quite tricky, the T2 guys missed two bikes that went down on the exit as they can't see it over the rise if the bike and rider are down. The T3 flaggy can see the blind spot but is suppose to be looking the other way, ie in race direction. From T3 I had to call rider down for both Marshy's off and the oil incident today. I ended up rubber necking the entire 180 degrees.

Speaking of oil incident, the bike that caused the mess had a belly pan with a rear lip that was no higher than 10mm ... there is no way it could hold enough oil.

Highlight of the weekend for me was watching Aiden Wagner ride, his flick rate from T2 to T3 is phenomenal, and it sounded / looked like we was the only rider that was adding gas from exit of T2 to end of T3.
    Very interesting mate, thanks!

They are supposed to be checking bellypans. It's not ideal, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Although the camera rule was kinda bs
    Great riding today mate! You're giving some of the more established names a run for their money!

The camera fiasco hopefully won't last. The Steward was not the usual one, and the MA rules are simply daft. They should be fixed.

What !? No race footage???

Had a top weekend. New PB 1:42.008
    Loved rocking the pink vest and passing none vis riders hehe
    Lost out on 3rd in D by 3 points.
    But got my 3rd place trophy from last rd at the creek

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    What !? No race footage???
    There might be some around somewhere.....

Not all of it but, because I got in trouble and had to report to the principal's office.

so whats the go with the cameras?
    The bullshitstops when the clutch drops

I'll explain later.

Check this out:

That's a bit full on marshy

There's some great footage of it from 2 bikes back, but I haven't got a copy yet. It's very spectacular.

what happened Marshy?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I'll explain later.

Check this out:

Ooooft!! Some VERY near misses there.
    Glad you're ok mate
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

The rider that cut in front was the green / white bike that had a number that looked like an 11, but was apparently a 12?

We got asked by race control to look out for him in the restart, well they initially said 11. Then changed it to 12, and I couldn't see a 12? Then I noticed last night looking at Ray's photies that his front numbers look like the second digit is a very vertical 2. No way you can see it the a bike at speed. After the scrutineering fiasco over Spillies numbers last year I couldn't work out how they let it pass.

Anyone hear any update re old mate on the blue Triumph that came off at T1 today ... he didn't slow or put the bike down, just barreled into the tyre wall at speed.

The rider that cut in front was the green / white bike that had a number that looked like an 11, but was apparently a 12?

We got asked by race control to look out for him in the restart, well they initially said 11. Then changed it to 12, and I couldn't see a 12? Then I noticed last night looking at Ray's photies that his front numbers look like the second digit is a very vertical 2. No way you can see it the a bike at speed. After the scrutineering fiasco over Spillies numbers last year I couldn't work out how they let it pass.
    That's Adrian Pierpoint, and it was him that chopped my nose off into T2, which unsettled me, and then I highsided. Have a look at him doing the same but worse into T9 especially in Bears race 1, which I will post shortly. He is a danger on the track. Anthony S had very stern words with him too, and others were complaining, but according to race control I was the only one that said anything officially, so they let it go as me having a grudge.

Anyone hear any update re old mate on the blue Triumph that came off at T1 today ... he didn't slow or put the bike down, just barreled into the tyre wall at speed.
    Apparently both shoulders broken/hurt. Not life threatening, but very painful I'm sure.

There were very very few crashes all weekend, happily!

Loved rocking the pink vest and passing none vis riders hehe
    I thought the vests were good. I wasn't racing but it gave a good indication of riders I didn't know.
    Easy to get behind the underdog in pink! Lol
    I imagine it'd be good from on track too... so you know with whom you're actually competing.
    What did everybody think of the Pink Practice? All classes and a range of abilities..?

Thanks Nick.

What caused the HS? Did the TC fail?

What caused the HS? Did the TC fail?
    Ambition>talent...

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I thought the vests were good. I wasn't racing but it gave a good indication of riders I didn't know.
    Easy to get behind the underdog in pink! Lol
    I imagine it'd be good from on track too... so you know with whom you're actually competing.
    What did everybody think of the Pink Practice? All classes and a range of abilities..?
    I thought they must be farking joking with the choice of colour ... someone's idea to get rid of as many D's as possible. Never seen that colour used before as rookie vest, did they get an odd lot post Mardi Gras?

Thread Information