Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St George Rnd1 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I thought they must be farking joking with the choice of colour ... someone's idea to get rid of as many D's as possible. Never seen that colour used before as rookie vest, did they get an odd lot post Mardi Gras?
    Hahahaha, they were clearly going for a look!
    The fields were very small compared with November...
    Having the desired affect?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

I hope I didn't just read they weren't allowing cameras...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I hope I didn't just read they weren't allowing cameras...
    They were playing it by the MA handbook,which allows helmet cameras only.
    As Marshy said tho, they were put on the spot when asked about what was allowed.
    Some people ran bike cameras all day without issue.

Pis at turns 4 and 5 from St George Rnd1 Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/motor.cycle...1252258&type=3
    No...I'm not loving that and I'm not loving that! But I'm loving this!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/oran-...il-2009-702765

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/track...d-video-625380

Elbows down on both T4 and 5... respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    The rider that cut in front was the green / white bike that had a number that looked like an 11, but was apparently a 12?

We got asked by race control to look out for him in the restart, well they initially said 11. Then changed it to 12, and I couldn't see a 12? Then I noticed last night looking at Ray's photies that his front numbers look like the second digit is a very vertical 2. No way you can see it the a bike at speed. After the scrutineering fiasco over Spillies numbers last year I couldn't work out how they let it pass.
    Glad they changed it to 12, as 11 was me! And was not even in that race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I thought the vests were good. I wasn't racing but it gave a good indication of riders I didn't know.
    Easy to get behind the underdog in pink! Lol
    I imagine it'd be good from on track too... so you know with whom you're actually competing.
    What did everybody think of the Pink Practice? All classes and a range of abilities..?
    I had no drama wearing pink (real men can wear pink ) but I told Saint George I thought It was a great idea IMO, and they had been getting feed back from all grades of riders that was on the same lines.
    Only thing I would change is the design, pinning and taping it for riding at speed was not ideal, but still not a pain to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'll explain later.

Check this out:

that 2nd bike was lucky not to get taken out and not to run into/over you
    I take it your push bike accident is forcing you to have the day off to-day ;-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    that 2nd bike was lucky not to get taken out and not to run into/over you
    I take it your push bike accident is forcing you to have the day off to-day ;-)
    That was Brett Harpur, and his rearset was all bent after that. Lucky but.

I'm hobbling into the office today, although I might not last all day. Pretty sore right now, all over, not just the ankle.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Vid of me and Albie battling in CS race 1.

Vid of me and Mstevo battling in CS race 2.

that R1 has some boogie

...It looked like it felt, all over the place :-/
    I was chasing set up all weekend :-(
    Last edited by Mstevo; 02-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    that R1 has some boogie
    Yeah, sure does. Wetty says it's just my Ape is slow

Where are you anyway, Wetty? We miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    that R1 has some boogie
    5 valve! best yammie motor ever ;-)

pink practice was soooo shit, but good that i got more track time. Mr saad doing 36s on his bmw vs newbies on very slow 300s or 450mx/gp conversions. went 5 wide into t10 and then had an ape go slicing underneath me over the curbs. interesting
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    pink practice was soooo shit, but good that i got more track time. Mr saad doing 36s on his bmw vs newbies on very slow 300s or 450mx/gp conversions. went 5 wide into t10 and then had an ape go slicing underneath me over the curbs. interesting
    He is so not a D grader. Just because he does once or twice a year races

Seemed silly to me as well

Would have been better to give you all a practice start ... one row at a time Fastest (ie 1000, 600, 300) to Slowest

BTW see this DSC_5156.JPG from http://darrylbphotography.blogspot.com.au/

Have to agree with the pink practice. Practice starts would have been good. Didnt mind the idea of wearing a vest but they sure did excel with their colour choice.

hahaha dont know if the colour choice was a statement or a coincidence
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Carl, I reckon the vest looks better on you than ANYONE else on track! Blends in perfectly as part of your colour scheme

Great weekend racing! Bike felt good... Managed another trophy!! Which is the only reason I raced.. 3rd place c grade in BEARs .. Second race meet.. And a new pb. 1.41.32.. Successful weekend all round

Great weekend and a very well run meeting.

Saturday could not of gone any better in 600 Clubsport. Sunday started off perfectly, but my clutch completely went in the second race off the start resulting in last place.

Thankfully heaps of people came to help me change it over, as I would never have done it in time.

Started last, but managed to get the win.

Thanks again to all the flaggies and officials.

Pic of the clutch that came out, compared to a brand new one.

AHHAAHHAA!! It's still good, it's still good

Video of my crash from Mark's bike:

Ouch... thank God for them light wheelz

Sheeet!! Looks like Brett gave you a cheeky kick on the way through! hahah
    Any damage to his front end?

You got run over! Sheeet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Sheeet!! Looks like Brett gave you a cheeky kick on the way through! hahah
    Any damage to his front end?
    That's because his rearset wasn't there when he went to put his foot back on it Well, it was there but bent way out of the way, so his foot missed. Or maybe he really was kicking me for hitting him!!

Apart from his bent rearset, his bike was fine.

Wow, that's not cool. Glad you came away with what you did, could have been much worse mate.
    How is the foot from the push bike?

Ouch! How are you feeling now? Glad no one got badly hurt in that one!

looks like you slipped on the new paint nick

OucH! i have fairings for you

Faaaarcanal! That was tight. Nice avoidance.

Lucky boy
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Marshy your so right about Carl and the vest in some weird way it works quite well with his colours........ Must admit im glad I wear a dark tint visor when looking at his bike and him together ! haha you should see him when hes wearing his flouro sunnies and headphones hahaha

Had a great weekends racing, not bad for several months off the bike only downer was the steering damper failing on Sat practice.. made for interesting racing and sore arms..but a giggle was had got some good times in for me too

Yeh penko... decided to pass you over the finish line on the last lap after your clutch blew... sorry bud :P and yes for some reason the pink vest blends in well... 3rd place in clubsport D grade is pretty nice too.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Yeh penko... decided to pass you over the finish line on the last lap after your clutch blew... sorry bud and yes for some reason the pink vest blends in well... 3rd place in clubsport D grade is pretty nice too.
    Awesome job on 3rd place mate. I didnt stick around for the presentations.

i didnt stick around either, older parent was tired
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Couple of interesting observations from my non racing attendance as radiator water scrutineer and flaggy.
    # Plenty of bikes were short of water in radiator and some radiators I could not even with the 150mm pick up tube reach water
    # Water ranged from clean like Marshy to never flushed brown soup - plus some green - and yes I see the irony in my task!
    # Numbers. White background and black numbers easy to read while other combinations suck and triple digit numbers really suck
    # Hard to read numbers and colour combinations caused problems on T4 during practice/qualifying to when to signal riders to exit T4
    # Some riders hand signaled to exit T4 early practice & qualifying. Also in racing some back markers exited on Lap 4 - assume riders briefing still said this is a no no. Running up the rear of other bikes I'm sure if I could remember would be unpleasant.

Finally Helmet Cameras. Michael Schumacher if he could would advise against it I reckon. Helmets may not work as well if you whack a lump on it...

Quote Originally Posted by gaz37 View Post
    Couple of interesting observations from my non racing attendance as radiator water scrutineer and flaggy.
    # Plenty of bikes were short of water in radiator and some radiators I could not even with the 150mm pick up tube reach water
    # Water ranged from clean like Marshy to never flushed brown soup - plus some green - and yes I see the irony in my task!
    # Numbers. White background and black numbers easy to read while other combinations suck and triple digit numbers really suck
    # Hard to read numbers and colour combinations caused problems on T4 during practice/qualifying to when to signal riders to exit T4
    # Some riders hand signaled to exit T4 early practice & qualifying. Also in racing some back markers exited on Lap 4 - assume riders briefing still said this is a no no. Running up the rear of other bikes I'm sure if I could remember would be unpleasant.

Finally Helmet Cameras. Michael Schumacher if he could would advise against it I reckon. Helmets may not work as well if you whack a lump on it...

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    big double thumbs up Bagger , 23 yrs on and you still got it tucked up inside that melon of yours ,
    i mentioned your name to some older gents 2 weeks ago and they both said the same thing , the farkin same thing to the letter

and to theink someone here is spending a zillion on there RSV4 and yours is still stock , ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    big double thumbs up Bagger , 23 yrs on and you still got it tucked up inside that melon of yours ,
    i mentioned your name to some older gents 2 weeks ago and they both said the same thing , the farkin same thing to the letter

and to theink someone here is spending a zillion on there RSV4 and yours is still stock , ha ha ha
    I think Macmillan probably cried himself to sleep Sunday night... Hahaha. Scared of having nightmares over 747..
    Top shit stevo.! No.1

That's a question for those a bit more in the know. My track bike has obviously previously run standard water so there is significant oxide build up in the cooling system. Any way of cleaning it? I can flush it all day to rince as much out as possible but fill it with demineralised water and 2 days later it'll be back to reasonably brown coloured. There some kind of additive to use during just straight flushes to try and get more of it out?

That's unreal!!! Soooo impressed with your riding, Mr Bagger

Quote Originally Posted by Button699 View Post
    I think Macmillan probably cried himself to sleep Sunday night... Hahaha. Scared of having nightmares over 747..
    Top shit stevo.! No.1
    Hahahaha Gold! If your not fast your last

Congrats again Steve!

Great vid, there some fast laps mate

Thread Information