Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing goals for 2015

Break is not a good choice of word.
    I've fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    My goal is to lose my virginity and go racing anything else is a bonus
    Is that right?
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    So what is everyone's racing / track day goals for 2015. Results ,lap times and so on.
    We haven't heard from you yet OP Stevie Wonder, aka the Sandbagger
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Break is not a good choice of word.
    I've fixed it for you

Is that right? reggers:
    much better thanks mate..

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    We haven't heard from you yet OP Stevie Wonder, aka the Sandbagger
    I'm going to try and stay on the black stuff if I can. Last St George meet was my first one in 24 years, i'm still spinning out i'm even out there. 1.34's around the GP track is an overall racing goal. I wouldn't mind doing the 4 hour this year and definately get down to the Island, maybe that August meet , it would be cool if a few of us head down there. I'm just loving the fact i'm out there.Longer term, The absolute icing on the cake would be to get the chance to race at Bathurst again, (1988 was the last time)then I could grow old happy one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nice

We can work on that next time at the track if you like. Just hit me up for some tips

Although please don't ask me about right handers.... my right knee slider is always pristine - until I swap it to the left leg and put the very worn one on the right! Just don't tell anyone, ok?
    I find crashing on old 9 then T5 evened up a set of sliders nicely, now they both have wear
    Looking at the photos I just don't get my ass off the seat. Compare me to to the other rider and I'm right up on the tank and practically square on the seat. Then there's my upper body being crossed up.
    bp.jpg
    I'm actually considering spending half a day down in green taking it slow. I'll definitely hit you up if your about next track day, going to take a bit to fix up this cluster fuck though lol
    fixing.jpg
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

I followed you for a few corners the other day, and I thought you were going for a road ride!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

That's some serious tyre faith you got there Kanga

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    I find crashing on old 9 then T5 evened up a set of sliders nicely, now they both have wear
    Looking at the photos I just don't get my ass off the seat. Compare me to to the other rider and I'm right up on the tank and practically square on the seat. Then there's my upper body being crossed up.
    bp.jpg
    I'm actually considering spending half a day down in green taking it slow. I'll definitely hit you up if your about next track day, going to take a bit to fix up this cluster fuck though lol
    fixing.jpg
    Put your armpit on the petrol cap and your head where the wing mirror would be.
    That should get you going on a good body position.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I'm going to try and stay on the black stuff if I can. Last St George meet was my first one in 24 years, i'm still spinning out i'm even out there. 1.34's around the GP track is an overall racing goal. I wouldn't mind doing the 4 hour this year and definately get down to the Island, maybe that August meet , it would be cool if a few of us head down there. I'm just loving the fact i'm out there.Longer term, The absolute icing on the cake would be to get the chance to race at Bathurst again, (1988 was the last time)then I could grow old happy one day.
    This is awesome! So glad you're still going at it mate. Really hope I'm doing half as well in years to come.
    See you out there!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Flat 60s @ WP (now 62.3), 38s @ PI (40.9 now), 35s @ EC (37s now), 11s @ ML (13s now, first visit), high 13s @ QR (15s now)
    Last edited by Kris; 08-01-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Put your armpit on the petrol cap and your head where the wing mirror would be.
    That should get you going on a good body position.
    Yeah I always gesture toward putting my chin over my forearm, seems to get things in line.
    Also, don't ride the bike around the corners, drag it with you. Like pretending you can fly and you're carrying this thing through the corners with you. COME ON LIL BIKE LES' GO THIS WAY. Works in my head at least...
    2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Winter Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Also, don't ride the bike around the corners, drag it with you. Like pretending you can fly and you're carrying this thing through the corners with you. COME ON LIL BIKE LES' GO THIS WAY. Works in my head at least...
    Great tip!! I like it. Good mental image
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Racing Goals this year - Show the poms how us aussie's do it and get as many rounds under the belt as possible.... AND get at least one podium. Can't speculate on time improvements yet, just really hoping to be competitive.

Track day goals - get within 10 seconds of slowest moto3 times at GP circuits. (Credit to Sicko's bro for creating this idea!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Great tip!! I like it. Good mental image
    Flying sound effects are optional

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Racing Goals this year - Show the poms how us aussie's do it and get as many rounds under the belt as possible.... AND get at least one podium. Can't speculate on time improvements yet, just really hoping to be competitive.

Track day goals - get within 10 seconds of slowest moto3 times at GP circuits. (Credit to Sicko's bro for creating this idea!)
    Cool goal man, those Moto3 guys are so much faster than people think hahaha. Track day I did last year there was a young lad with a Moto3 bike whooping everyone.
    Got to keep the trend of Aussies being awesome in the UK rain too!
    2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Winter Edition

Aim for this year ! Stay above ground anything else is a bonus !

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Aim for this year ! Stay above ground anything else is a bonus !
    You are gettin on
    Maybe you and mstevo can start quein up

Thread Information