Thread: Tyre wear

Tyre wear

The old zx10 is known for eating rear tyres, but got some funny wear on the left hand side off the 200/60 sc1 after the race on the weekend.
    What's your thoughts? Pressure, rebound? Etc

Right hand side

Left hand side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Leezx10r; 04-02-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Sc1
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Sorry, should elaborate. What was the track temp?
    You'll be chasing your tail with setup and sc1. They can be very finicky. If you like the Pirellis, stick with the sc0 and sc2 rears.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Thanks rick, changed to Bridgestone v02 only done a few laps on it but loved it, and smashed PB.
    Don't have any temps of track temp on Sunday, but would have been 30 ish.
    Pressure was 26 hot off the warmers

What pressure did you run the rear Bridgestone? I ran one on the weekend , 18 psi cold maybe 22 - 23 hot .

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    What pressure did you run the rear Bridgestone? I ran one on the weekend , 18 psi cold maybe 22 - 23 hot .
    Bridgestone 23 psi hot cannot fault it.

Hey mate, wasn't it the other way around at the track?
    My assumption was that it was an old tyre getting eaten/worn on the new right handers T4, T9....
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hey mate, wasn't it the other way around at the track?
    My assumption was that it was an old tyre getting eaten/worn on the new right handers T4, T9....
    Just changed text in post, yep your right!funny wear on right hand side.
    Sc2 looked good on Friday before putting new sc1 on Saturday morning.

I ran a V02 rear all three days, and it's still got heaps and heaps left. Haven't even flipped it yet! Awesome tyre. I run 23 hot.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Could be a combination of multiple things. Hard to tell from the photos.

Doesn't look deep so cold tear is out. Might be a combination of hot tear plus suspension related.

Does the tear go around the whole tyre? And is it uniform over the whole tyre? If it's tear clean tear then it's probably suspension related.

The new surface was fairly hard on tyres, just because it had sooo much grip!! It'll calm down in a few months. Going into T9 hard on the brakes and tipped over, you could just feel the surface tearing the front tyre apart!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Could be a combination of multiple things. Hard to tell from the photos.

Doesn't look deep so cold tear is out. Might be a combination of hot tear plus suspension related.

Does the tear go around the whole tyre? And is it uniform over the whole tyre? If it's tear clean tear then it's probably suspension related.
    Yep goes all the way round Chubb, but not uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    The new surface was fairly hard on tyres, just because it had soooo much grip!! It'll calm down in a few months. Going into T9 hard on the brakes and tipped over, you could just feel the surface tearing the front tyre apart!
    The grip in t9 is amazing. They said they fixed t1 didn't help that much IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I ran a V02 rear all three days, and it's still got heaps and heaps left. Haven't even flipped it yet! Awesome tyre. I run 23 hot.
    Yep 23 hot worked for me

Marshy just take the old girl for a run next time we are at the track, see what you think!

SC1s were all shite , where did you get it ? old stock somewhere,
    i followed 1 last year and it fell apart in 5 laps .
    has anyone ever got 1 to work?

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    SC1s were all shite , where did you get it ? old stock somewhere,
    i followed 1 last year and it fell apart in 5 laps .
    has anyone ever got 1 to work?
    First time I had ran a sc1 (and last) stamp on side was late 13 from memory.

IMG_1783.JPGIMG_1786.JPG

here is my v02 front soft right side was suffering but the left not, maybe a tad too much weight on the front, but also maybe turn 9

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    IMG_1783.JPGIMG_1786.JPG

here is my v02 front soft right side was suffering but the left not, maybe a tad too much weight on the front, but also maybe turn 9
    maybe too much weight on the bike

Hahahaha you Cheeky fekka

Thread Information