Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St George Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Was an awesome but short lived weekend for mw. Congrats to all and from what i saw there was some great racing.
    As for me, well i dont have much recollection of anything from the start of race 2. The last thing i remember is is waking up laying in a hospital bed. Im surprisingly in good shape. Eventually got cleared for my head. Have torn the ligaments of my finger, fractured the head in my elbow and unsure about whats going on in my shoulder as yet.
    I looked at the bike quickly monday morning and its covered in oil. So i am guessing wherever the leak is has resulted in my highside. Many thanks to everyone that helped out. Looking forward to seeing you all back out there soon.
    Get well soon mate, I think sore the smoke coming from your bike while in the pits.
    Would have been nice for you, if they black flagged you, to stop the off.
    You still in Melbourne?

Gday guys. Well the results are in. All in all i am pretty happy. Looks like i dont need surgery on my shoulder. Its just going to be about 6 to 8 weeks to let everything heal and then start some physio.
    On another note. I got my bike back home yesterday. It isnt too bad. I need a few bits and pieces. Really just need a new exhaust and some clip on bars (marshy).
    Then i need to work out where all the oil came frame. The photo below doesnt do it much justice. But the whole right side of the bike is covered.

Awesome news Nathan!!! Great to hear. Interested to see just where the oil came from.

That lever guard saved your expensive Brembo! Happy days.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Awesome news Nathan!!! Great to hear. Interested to see just where the oil came from.

That lever guard saved your expensive Brembo! Happy days.
    Yeah its will be interesting. There is heaps. Once i get some strength back in my arm i will pull it apart.

I am cheering about the lever gaurd. Thanks mate.

So getting the bike sorted after my crash at broady.

When i pulled the belly pan off it was full of oil. Oil was found to be leaking from the timing cover. The timing cover was done up tight but a feeler gauge could be slide between the cover and crankcase. Pulled the timing cover off to find this on the crankcase. Hoping it can be welded an then drilled and tapped.

Don't worry Nath, that's nothing compared to my old bike - see here: http://www.tarmactalk.com/forum/show...-a-build-story

BoB sorted it for me. Frigging miracle worker; he saved my engine! Something about some super epoxy, or something. Lots of time spent, but a fantastic outcome!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Don't worry Nath, that's nothing compared to my old bike - see here: http://www.tarmactalk.com/forum/show...-a-build-story

BoB sorted it for me. Frigging miracle worker; he saved my engine! Something about some super epoxy, or something. Lots of time spent, but a fantastic outcome!
    Ahh sweet awesome news mate. Can hardly tell that your issue was there. Thanks heaps.

Glad the problem has been found.

Thread Information