Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St George Round 2

Hey guys, forms are in for 600 clubsport. This is only my second race meet, i am thinking about doing 600cc as well for some more experience etc, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Hey guys, forms are in for 600 clubsport. This is only my second race meet, i am thinking about doing 600cc as well for some more experience etc, any thoughts?
    Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Do it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    just wait , there will be , you may have to be invited?
    How'd ya get an invite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

My advice is always to enter both, and then you have the choice. It's not much extra money (cross-entering is BY FAR the cheapest track time you can buy!) and you aren't obligated to do them all. Even if you just do both warmups/quali sessions for extra track time, then don't do all the races in the 2nd class, you've got a great benefit for very little cost.

And if the day is running particularly slowly, the extra track time might be just what you need to stay in-the-groove. You're fit enough, so there's no real downside.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Yep especially at Broadford
    800km is a long way to go just to do 20 laps each day 3x5lap races and qualifying
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Do it !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    My advice is always to enter both, and then you have the choice. It's not much extra money (cross-entering is BY FAR the cheapest track time you can buy!) and you aren't obligated to do them all. Even if you just do both warmups/quali sessions for extra track time, then don't do all the races in the 2nd class, you've got a great benefit for very little cost.

And if the day is running particularly slowly, the extra track time might be just what you need to stay in-the-groove. You're fit enough, so there's no real downside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    Yep especially at Broadford
    800km is a long way to go just to do 20 laps each day 3x5lap races and qualifying
    Do it - Also Broadford flows I find it a lot less tiring than any other track but it could just be that it one of my fav tracks ... that said at one Prestons round I did a 7 lap Bears race (I did 6) then back to back a 18lap endure (fortunately one of the kids - maybe lapped me twice so I could do less laps) but was STUFFED by the end of 22laps with a 2 min break 7mins and then 20mins
    Last edited by Linden; 13-05-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks heaps all. I cross entered. Looking forward to it!

So apparently numbers are down, and St George are concerned about the running of a Broadford round in future years. I have suggested that the middle of winter, not far from the Victorian ski fields, miiiight not be the bestest time of year for motorcycle racing. However, it's still important to support the club if we want these rounds to continue, so if you're tempted to enter but haven't yet, then it might be a good time

So apparently numbers are down, and St George are concerned about the running of a Broadford round in future years. I have suggested that the middle of winter, not far from the Victorian ski fields, miiiight not be the bestest time of year for motorcycle racing. However, it's still important to support the club if we want these rounds to continue, so if you're tempted to enter but haven't yet, then it might be a good time
    They ran last years Broadford round in September to miss the cold and less riders attended because it wasn't on a long weekend :-/

and yes all who ride Broadford love the layout, it's the distance that hurts peoples hip pocket :-(
    Last edited by Mstevo; 14-05-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Pity people there wasn't more time to encourage people to enter instead of having entries open for 4 days before end of early bird. Furthest away round with the least amount of accommodation and the shortest lead time from entries.

Harder to convince fresh blood when you've already got to say you can enter but you'll pay extra for entry.....

Still I'm really looking forward to riding Broadford!

I think you're spot on with this. Two days at The Creek during the hottest part of the summer and the Wakefield/Broadford meets in the dead of winter, seem like madness when the other way around would work so well.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I think you're spot on with this. Two days at The Creek during the hottest part of the summer and the Wakefield/Broadford meets in the dead of winter, seem like madness when the other way around would work so well.
    access to dates at the venues St George MCC would like has always been the problem, management even considered a round at PI for this year which would have been interesting :-)
    They would love more rounds at SMSP or WP rather than Broadford, it's in our calendar so we get 6 rounds over 4 weekends of racing

I'm just off the back of a Mt Gambier @ Easter (27hr return) and Morgan Park in QLD last weekend (21hr return) with Hidden Valley in a couple of months afraid ... as much as I'd love to I won't be going that said I'm not planning a Nationals challenge next year so Broadford 2016 would be nice (I know that doesn't help) ... still got Broadford, PI and SMSP rounds to do this year in the BEARS comp after HV
    Last edited by Linden; 14-05-2015 at 02:51 PM.

access to dates at the venues St George MCC would like has always been the problem,
    Yeah, those V8's won't experience themselves!!

There is also a PCRA round at SMSP the weekend before and after. Too much :(.

So this rallycroos was on yesterday at Broadford, I hope they wash the track clean before our race meet

Rally cross.png

So this rallycross was on yesterday at Broadford, I hope they wash the track clean before our race meet

Rally cross.png

With Friday practice, do you pay on the day, or before?
    What time to get there on Friday? Setup, riders brief etc

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    With Friday practice, do you pay on the day, or before?
    What time to get there on Friday? Setup, riders brief etc
    get there about 7.30-8.00am, on track after riders brief at 9am
    session classes depends on who turns up, it could be under 600's and over 600's
    $125 pay on the day, I'm going to set up in my weekend garage spot and leave the bike over night..it get lock up and a guy lives on site

Any brave souls camping?

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Any brave souls camping?
    The last June meet we had there we had a -6 on the Sunday morning, so no to camping for me ;-)

Good luck to all racing this weekend!!! Im so very very jealous

get there about 7.30-8.00am, on track after riders brief at 9am
    session classes depends on who turns up, it could be under 600's and over 600's
    $125 pay on the day, I'm going to set up in my weekend garage spot and leave the bike over night..it get lock up and a guy lives on site
    Excellent, thanks very much for that. See you all Friday morning

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Good luck to all racing this weekend!!! Im so very very jealous
    come up for a visit your only 80km away, now your a Mexican

Yes this is true..

Received my final instructions and garaging to-day
    I'm in the top carports....hummm?? must pack raincoat for when the frost melts on the underside of the roof in the morning :-)

Received my final instructions and garaging to-day
    I'm in the top carports....hummm?? must pack raincoat for when the frost melts on the underside of the roof in the morning :-)
    You won the garage allocation!! Congrats! It's absolutely horrible. Hope it isn't windy or raining. And that the melting ice doesn't get in your electrics....

Hey, does anyone need any accommodation? I'm yet to cancel my booking at the Kilmore Motel (in the nice rooms). LMK asap, because I'll be ringing them tomorrow arvo to cancel.

Hope everyone ended up having a good weekend racing. Was a cracking weekend racing, well what i saw.
    Many thanks to all those that helped me out, especially craig and fitzy.

Hope everyone ended up having a good weekend racing. Was a cracking weekend racing, well what i saw.
    Many thanks to all those that helped me out, especially craig and fitzy.
    Unreal!! Great to hear. I WANT VIDS, people!! I'm devo to have missed it. Broadford it a terrific track.

I was saying to Owen the other day that we should go down for a double-header track day a bit later in the year, when it's not so cold.

No camera's allowed again mate. Wishing i had one on so i can try and piece together what went wrong for me.

Was a great fun weekend racing in 600's against Keith, Rod, Stuart and Carl.

Ended up first in C grade clubsport 600's and 3rd in B & C grade 600's.

Again STG decided no camera's so no footage :(

No camera's allowed again mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post

You can all thank me when Marshy's Law gets passed in time for next season, allowing cameras on bikes but not on helmets.

Ended up first in C grade clubsport 600's and 3rd in B & C grade 600's.
    Fantastic result mate!! Well done! The 600s are very competitive, including Clubsport.

Unless you have them built in ;-)....on the down side I don't know how to edit mine to upload it in less than 2 days:-(

It's always a great weekend and the small fields means either a lonely ride or fantastic dueling.
    I never saw the sun from Friday to Sunday when we left, and the track temp never got over 13o which was probably hotter than the air temp. Not once did I have an unexpected slip and many times I was pushing past what I thought was my limits, I now have new limits :-)
    I do have to stop running off track, although being bumped twice doesn't help :-(

You can all thank me when Marshy's Law gets passed in time for next season, allowing cameras on bikes but not on helmets.
    Yea not sure what the go is. Obviously isn't an MA rule as other MA sanctioned events are still running bike camera's with no issues. It's only StG. Will be interesting to see if they try and enforce it at Round 3, especially as it's normally a AASA event.

Setting up a hardwired camera to my bike between now and FXRRC so hopefully get that up and running.

But Broadford was an awesome track to ride. Found it exceptionally challenging to overtake but to ride was great fun!

isn't an MA rule as other MA sanctioned events are still running bike camera's with no issues.
    It's technically not allowed under the GCRs, as they mention helmet/person mounted cameras as ok, but are silent on bike mounted cameras. And anything not explicitly included is excluded. At St George round 1 this year, an interpretation of the rule was sought from the MA Steward, who had no choice but to enforce the rules (which had previously been largely ignored, and still are at other MA events). Hence why I submitted a rule-change application before the cutoff for 2016 rule change requests, so hopefully the road race committee will side with common sense and allow bike cameras (and disallow helmet mounted cameras as a safety risk - just ask Michael Schumacher whether helmet-mounted gopros are a good idea).

I don't know how to edit mine to upload it in less than 2 days:-(
    Find (or search for) Windows Movie Maker on your PC. It comes pre-installed with all Windows versions up to Windows 7, or if you are on a Windows 8 machine, download it for free here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...ve/movie-maker

It's easy to use. Cut bits out, save it as a much smaller WMV file, then upload to youtube in no time at all.

Now that was a really fun weekend I might be kinda biased but Carl had a mega weekend, qualified well and Geez is he quick off the line.. But I will let him tell the tale of his weekend

As Mstevo said it was pretty cold, we never saw the sun, wet on friday morning and dry that afternoon for the practice and then only a light sprinkle Sunday morning other than that it was dry. Racing was brilliant, close fair and fun. It took a bit longer than i wanted to but got into the 2s again and managed to get 2nd B grade in 600 clubsport. Pulled off some ace moves on people and had them made on me Excellent weekend. Best wishes to those that crashed and hope you heal up quick

Man I sooo wish i had a camera onboard

So i think i can say i made the most amazing starts i ever have. Easily going from 2nd row (6th) to 2nd or 3rd without issue, and if i was slightly more trusting of my ability and tyres i would have squeezed people out for the lead. Managed to hold onto Stu, Rodney and Mick for the first lap before losing the tow and then it was down to fighting off Binksy and then Tom Barnett for the D grade win. I won twice, Tom beat me and won the rest untill the last race where my clutch died and i couldnt rev past 9ish without slipping to redline. Managed to hold onto 8th overall i think and 4th in D grade whilse using some weird lines and short shifting to 6th as often as possible to keep some drive. Ended the weekend with 2nd in D grade, a new pb of 1:04.3 which i did for almost 2 days straight. Loving the new suspension tweaks and can finally start trusting the front tyre. Pbs at all tracks i reckon from now onwards. Highlight of the weekend was experimenting with defensive lines and holding off 4 or 5 riders for two laps without them being able to try a move. Or you know, beating dad off the line twice and leading him for the first lap both times
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    beating dad off the line twice and leading him for the first lap both times

Do not encourage him !!! Purlease

Hahahaha, well done Carl!!
    Sounds like a great weekend for you.

Sounds like he doesn't need any encouragement Stu. No respect for elders anymore.

no respect at all !!! Lets just say the conversations in the car on the way home were funny im really pleased how we both went, and even though I will absolutely hate it, I cant wait till I cant catch him. Just dont come near me for a friendly chat when its happened for a day or 50

Carl let me know if you want some private practice

Was an awesome but short lived weekend for mw. Congrats to all and from what i saw there was some great racing.
    As for me, well i dont have much recollection of anything from the start of race 2. The last thing i remember is is waking up laying in a hospital bed. Im surprisingly in good shape. Eventually got cleared for my head. Have torn the ligaments of my finger, fractured the head in my elbow and unsure about whats going on in my shoulder as yet.
    I looked at the bike quickly monday morning and its covered in oil. So i am guessing wherever the leak is has resulted in my highside. Many thanks to everyone that helped out. Looking forward to seeing you all back out there soon.

Was an awesome but short lived weekend for mw. Congrats to all and from what i saw there was some great racing.
    As for me, well i dont have much recollection of anything from the start of race 2. The last thing i remember is is waking up laying in a hospital bed. Im surprisingly in good shape. Eventually got cleared for my head. Have torn the ligaments of my finger, fractured the head in my elbow and unsure about whats going on in my shoulder as yet.
    I looked at the bike quickly monday morning and its covered in oil. So i am guessing wherever the leak is has resulted in my highside. Many thanks to everyone that helped out. Looking forward to seeing you all back out there soon.
    That sucks mate, but glad you are ok. We all seem to be having a bit of a shit run, crash and injury-wise. If there's anything I can do, please just let me know.

Thread Information