Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6th April SMSP

Mondays locked in. Even though the forecast is taking a downward turn....
    Let's go Rob...... Wheeeeeeee.....

Had a greattttt time! First time in the rain on wets and it was some of the most fun I've had on track in a ages.
    Unfortunately in the 5th session where I cut the 1:59 I forgot to not only fill my tank up but turn my camera on! Quite frankly I'm surprised I remembered to put on my helmet haha.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

it's hard to tell from the camera, was it raining?

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    it's hard to tell from the camera, was it raining?
    At that point it was just down to a light intermittent drizzle but the track was soaked so was perfect for the wets. I do remember going in to T1 earlier in the day and barely being able to see a thing because of all the water streaming down my visor. If it wasn't for the new yellow ripple strips I would have had a hard time figuring out where I was going lol

Good work man , it does wonders for your dry riding also.

Woohoo!! Looks like fun..
    Did you use rainex or have a pinlock or anything??
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Good work man , it does wonders for your dry riding also.
    Yeppers, I've never been smoother with the throttle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Woohoo!! Looks like fun..
    Did you use rainex or have a pinlock or anything??
    I put zip ties in, thanks Carl for that Tip. Stu gave me a hand with suspension changes which worked a treat. Ended up having a few friends come by and borrow some zip ties for there helmets through out the day to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    At that point it was just down to a light intermittent drizzle but the track was soaked so was perfect for the wets. I do remember going in to T1 earlier in the day and barely being able to see a thing because of all the water streaming down my visor. If it wasn't for the new yellow ripple strips I would have had a hard time figuring out where I was going lol
    Sorry, was just joking about the rain, it seemed funnier in my head as i typed it! Would be fun to ride in though! Good filming, thanks!

What is the zip tie trick? I had my spare helmet on in one wet session and couldn't see a thing due to fogging up, everytime I tried to crack it open, next fast acceleration it would blow shut.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Sorry, was just joking about the rain, it seemed funnier in my head as i typed it! Would be fun to ride in though! Good filming, thanks!

What is the zip tie trick? I had my spare helmet on in one wet session and couldn't see a thing due to fogging up, everytime I tried to crack it open, next fast acceleration it would blow shut.
    Yeah I actually realised that soon after I posted it lol derp! Basically just put a zip tie around your chin guard (I put 2, one on each side). Stops the visor from closing completely to allow air flow and stop fogging but not enough to let water in.

Do up a zip tie around the chin guard, through the visor hole, so they run vertically. I use two, one on each side of the centre. That way, you can clip the visor in, but it can't physically shut all the way sealed closed, because the cable ties are holding it open a small amount at the bottom. It's like magic; the gap is thin enough not to let water through (and there's a lip on the inside that the visor usually seals against), but being such a wide gap, the entire visor stays completely fog-free. I usually back that up with a coat of FogX as well, just to be sure. There's nothing more deadly than not being able to see on a racetrack!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Yeah I actually realised that soon after I posted it lol derp! Basically just put a zip tie around your chin guard (I put 2, one on each side). Stops the visor from closing completely to allow air flow and stop fogging but not enough to let water in.
    Or just what he said ^^^^^

I was using just the one had no fog problems at all. Need a windscreen wiper though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I was using just the one had no fog problems at all. Need a windscreen wiper though...
    I used to have a set of gloves that had a wiper on the thumb..
    Was the throttle hand tho... bit road.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Try RainX. Not perfect, but sometimes it helps. Usually I just use my glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Do up a zip tie around the chin guard, through the visor hole, so they run vertically. I use two, one on each side of the centre. That way, you can clip the visor in, but it can't physically shut all the way sealed closed, because the cable ties are holding it open a small amount at the bottom. It's like magic; the gap is thin enough not to let water through (and there's a lip on the inside that the visor usually seals against), but being such a wide gap, the entire visor stays completely fog-free. I usually back that up with a coat of FogX as well, just to be sure. There's nothing more deadly than not being able to see on a racetrack!!
    Great idea! Thanks guys

My Bell helmet is the first helmet I've had that doesn't fog, so no need for zip ties.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    My Bell helmet is the first helmet I've had that doesn't fog, so no need for zip ties.
    110% agree . i had to run 2 zip ties on that stinkin AGV .

Luv the BELL

Thread Information