Thread: Love thy neighbour

Love thy neighbour

Alright Biatches

My friend LEBBO neighbor ask me to come have a look at why his 2008 ex250j is having indicator issues.

The history is as follows....it had light fall and smash the indicators. Therefore he has replaced all OEM indicators with LED units and that's where the trouble started.
    After installing the LED's and selected either left or right turn all the lights would stay on (No flashing). He then went to kelen kawa shop and was told to replace turning relay , which he did that also had an inbuilt LED resistor in it.

Now when selecting left all the lights are flashing, but select right turn nothing happens.

All he has done is cut were the oem where connected and replaced them with LED's.

Any ideas legends?.

Sounds like a faulty flasher unit or it's pluged in the wrong way.

It usually helps to do one indicator at a time.. That way he won't mix the wires up!!! Lol. Def sounds like he's just wire them up wrong . I've done it before and it just does wierd thing like u mentioned ( lights flashy wrong). Just need to redo the wiring brother

What are these 'indicators' of which you speak?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    What are these 'indicators' of which you speak?
    ^^^^^^^^ this

Love thy neighbour

Are they 2 wire or 3 wire indicators? In the states they have some weird rule where the indicators have to stay on like parkers. I found with my CBR the California indicators are 3 wire and have this. If it's running through the OEM plug there might be something funny going on.

On my aprilia I had to wire the stock globe under the seat when I switched to LED resistor unit/ flasher relay didn't work properly, both would light up

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Are they 2 wire or 3 wire indicators? In the states they have some weird rule where the indicators have to stay on like parkers. I found with my CBR the California indicators are 3 wire and have this. If it's running through the OEM plug there might be something funny going on.
    Two wire cheap ass rubbish.....I've told him to chase down OEM and install them, worry about LEDs after blue slip.

Replace the bike it's faulty ;P

dun worry about it as most ppl dun use em anyways ;-)
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Thread Information