Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
insurance....
This was the big deciding factor for me. I had to be sure I could support all of my financial commitments if I had to be off work for a while.
As it was, I was off for a month and paid for a lot of things to make the time easier on the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
statistics (if they exist ) wont cut it....
Have to agree here, whilst Mick's points are all correct, they're tough to argue. I went down the emotional route with my wife.
Riding a motorcycle is what fuels me as a person.. The reason I go to work is to make track tokens.
It's genuinely fundamental to my happiness in life and I think a partner should be able support that.

If you go down the path of statistics, it's kinda like you're promising you won't crash. Crashing, however crap, is part of riding. I think you need to be realistic and upfront about it.

You could get killed playing Cricket but as Mick said tho - Life's too short! I'd rather live a life exploring all I can do, especially if it's what makes me happy.
There is a line tho it'd, be good to point out that you don't have a death wish either!