Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
Funny you mention Sand R pro. I Turbo'ed the CBR and Jamie at S&R did the tuning work on it after a blown motor elsewhere and he is the only guy I would now let near the thing.As for normally aspirated I haven't had him do any work but he definitely knows his stuff and has the runs on the board in drag racing circles on his own bikes .Him an Rupert are nice guys too.
Ok, cool. I had him do some work and was very happy with the service so I was going to get him to tune it but when I asked him about it he quoted me a price and said that it was because he had to do something with the ECU also, the price wasn't a problem but when I asked him about the ECU he kind of brushed it off a bit and didn't seem to want to tell me what he has to do and I thought that was odd. After some research I've found out that at most he will need to "tap into" it to get an RPM readout but that's it, he made it sound like it was more than that and it kind of threw me.
He's just around the corner from me so it's very convenient, I'm just trying to get some peace of mind of where I should send it, I've heard some bad stories about some places but none of S&R.

I guess I'm just fishing for info