Thread: St George FInal season results up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFY View Post
    You look all tucked in in your avatar!
    Have had 3 AGV's (all top of the line) which restrict visibility while tucked or turning tight and low. On the south circuit it drove me insane.
    Got the Bells now, visibility is massively improved in this area, in fact I have not had to lift my helmet since.
    Interesting re the AGV's ...

I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments" and whilst I love the feel of the fit of helmet it drives me nuts on the track and getting tucked in ... the Reevu is way better ... but I still can't really see as well as I'd like ... I'm hoping the race ones are designed for a better view when tucked in ... or tight corners. I'll have to try the Shark Race R Pro Carbon on in store to see if the field of view is an improvement.

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments"

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"!
    Ditto.
    I jam my head into a small in all helmets I've tried on (except I'm a medium in my Fox V4), my theory is if I can fit my head in it and not pass out in 3 minutes then that's the correct fit for the track. A day or 2 on the track after the padding fags out a bit, they fit perfect.

I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.

I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.
    Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(

Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(
    Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.

Can't help the weather...........

Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.
    Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake.

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations".

Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake.

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations".
    Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......
    I got the Superbike's ... Not touching the Pro's.

Thread Information