Thread: Lap Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Fair point, they have plenty to give and I don't hate the Gixxer,
    Just haven't had a grin on my face that big for a while...
    I actually don't agree with sticking with a Gixer just because they are capable of better lap times in the right hands. Even if the R6 wasn't faster (which it is), if it's giving you a huge grin factor in comparison on every lap, isn't that what it's all about anyway? Like I'm sure Troy Bayliss can get much better times out of a 999 than I will ever get on my Pani but I wouldn't consider it because it's an inferior motorcycle and nowhere near as much fun.

I personally think how you feel on a bike and how much fun you're having is more important than reaching the max potential lap times. I think you'd learn / improve more quickly on an R6 too, esp in Owen's case as he's riding a Gixer 750 so he's going quicker on a bike with less capacity - ie he's not just going quicker cos he has more horsepower, he actually has less. So to me that says the R6 is giving him more confidence / feel to ride better around corners / under brakes etc - where it matters.

Keep in mind too my R6 has bog standard suspension and no real engine work yet. So it's basically stock with a quick action throttle and Brembo master cylinder, slip-on exhaust (no Power Commander) quickshifter and rearsets.

Owen I say clean up the Gixer, flog it off and join the R6 club! As for you Dan, maybe sell 2 out of your dozen or so bikes and get one proper sorted race bike?! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post

I personally think how you feel on a bike and how much fun you're having is more important than reaching the max potential lap times. I think you'd learn / improve more quickly on an R6 too, esp in Owen's case as he's riding a Gixer 750 so he's going quicker on a bike with less capacity - ie he's not just going quicker cos he has more horsepower, he actually has less. So to me that says the R6 is giving him more confidence / feel to ride better around corners / under brakes etc - where it matters.

Owen I say clean up the Gixer, flog it off and join the R6 club!
    That's what I'm saying Spilly, you're totally right - Grin Factor is a great indicator. Just didn't want to bash the gixxers too bad as they're still great bikes!

Anybody want a K7 750??

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    That's what I'm saying Spilly, you're totally right - Grin Factor is a great indicator. Just didn't want to bash the gixxers too bad as they're still great bikes!

Anybody want a K7 750??
    This guy from yesterday might want a replacement! Another T1 casualty!

I actually don't agree with sticking with a Gixer just because they are capable of better lap times in the right hands. Even if the R6 wasn't faster (which it is), if it's giving you a huge grin factor in comparison on every lap, isn't that what it's all about anyway? Like I'm sure Troy Bayliss can get much better times out of a 999 than I will ever get on my Pani but I wouldn't consider it because it's an inferior motorcycle and nowhere near as much fun.
    Very well said!! As soon as I actually got an R6, I was soooooo bummed at myself for having 'stuck with' the gixxers for so long. What a waste!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

As for you Dan, maybe sell 2 out of your dozen or so bikes and get one proper sorted race bike?! :P

haha!

For the price of a R6 race bike I have a TZ350 rep, a 1970 H1 500 Kwaka and my K3 gixxer. Way better garage!

I'll be flogging off some of the others to go to the World Cup this year. I got this sorted

Thread Information