Thread: How do you ride a bike?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I think it may be a litrebike thing... I'll be happy to go back to a 600 and when I feel the urge, maybe ride a few before I decide to go down that route again....
    I'd suggest it really might be a ZX10 thing (for you too Binksy). Many many people have issues with front end feel. It's something to do with weight distribution, offset and something else. It's a 'known issue'. There's people running weird clipons to try and get the rider weight over the front more, and stuff like that.

My advice for people not too sure about a litre is to try a few first! Like I said, I hated the Blade, the 10R and the S1000. I'd be disappointed if I'd assumed that that was it for litrebikes and not tried the Aprilia.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'd suggest it really might be a ZX10 thing (for you too Binksy). Many many people have issues with front end feel. It's something to do with weight distribution, offset and something else. It's a 'known issue'. There's people running weird clipons to try and get the rider weight over the front more, and stuff like that.

My advice for people not too sure about a litre is to try a few first! Like I said, I hated the Blade, the 10R and the S1000. I'd be disappointed if I'd assumed that that was it for litrebikes and not tried the Aprilia.
    It's not a ZX10 thing as mine handles unbelievably! It all comes down to set up. The front end of mine, with the K-Tec suspension is phenomenal. It's set up opposite to Rancel's, as it is really steep with the front end lowered heaps (more than yours Binksy) and the back raised a bit and it works great!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    It's not a ZX10 thing as mine handles unbelievably! It all comes down to set up. The front end of mine, with the K-Tec suspension is phenomenal. It's set up opposite to Rancel's, as it is really steep with the front end lowered heaps (more than yours Binksy) and the back raised a bit and it works great!
    Absolutely guys, the ZX10 since about 2008 has had a front end trail figure of between 107 -110mm, this is very lazy, but stable. The front down and rear up would definitively be the right move to get that figure alot better. Generally better for most riders to get to the most out of them with less effort.

Thread Information