Thread: Dirt Bikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you want to do some rider training for the dirt (even before you buy one), Dale Corser (Troy's brother) runs a dirt bike riding school at the south end of Wollongong. http://www.corserconceptsmotorcycleschool.com/

You are better off doing the intermediate course even though you are new to dirt as the beginner course is for people that haven't ridden at all. Leanne had never ridden dirt in her life and wasn't sure if she wanted to get a dirt bike so we did the intermediate course with a few of our mates and it was a heap of fun, but mostly, she learnt heaps and had the confidence and ability to get stuck in as soon as she got a dirt bike. It was the best thing we could have done before getting the dirt bikes!

As for what bike. The new KTM 300 EXC would be a great bike to start with.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    The new KTM 300 EXC would be a great bike to start with.
    That's next on my list.
    A few mates have them and they can do everything I need. Road rides, desert rides (with additional fuel in the back up vehicle), bush trails, chase pigs down etc etc
    My 125sx misses out on half of that, mainly due to no rego.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    If you want to do some rider training for the dirt (even before you buy one), Dale Corser (Troy's brother) runs a dirt bike riding school at the south end of Wollongong. http://www.corserconceptsmotorcycleschool.com/

You are better off doing the intermediate course even though you are new to dirt as the beginner course is for people that haven't ridden at all. Leanne had never ridden dirt in her life and wasn't sure if she wanted to get a dirt bike so we did the intermediate course with a few of our mates and it was a heap of fun, but mostly, she learnt heaps and had the confidence and ability to get stuck in as soon as she got a dirt bike. It was the best thing we could have done before getting the dirt bikes!

As for what bike. The new KTM 300 EXC would be a great bike to start with.
    I did that course ... was great fun ... Dale's a nice bloke too.

Thread Information