Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
And you're still not tucking in enough! hahahaha Having said that, you've improved A LOT from when you were riding the old girl only... I'm sure that having a dark tint screen had something to do with that too.

But in all seriousness my logic (and it might be flawed but I don't care) is that:

a- we spend a lot of money on the bike trying to squeeze a few extra ponies of the thing
b- we spend a lot of money trying to drop some of the bike's weight
c- we push as hard as we dare trying to brake later
d- we push as hard as we dare trying to carry more speed around the corners
e- we focus on maintaining the best body position possible to allow us to get on the gas as hard and as soon as possible

Basically, we invest a lot and take a lot of risks to go faster. Now, when you don't tuck in 100% of the time, not only on the straight but on every opportunity (i.e. out of T1, T3, T5, T6, old T8, old T9, old T10 etc...) or when you don't try and draft the rider in front, you're just wasting the cheapest/easiest way to go faster out there!! And if you know me, you know I'm not a man that likes to waste anything... hahahaha watch any Moto3 race and you'll see that I'm not alone in those thoughts!

Mind you, I still have to remind myself to tuck in and draft as well... and by no means I meant to imply that I do what I preach perfectly. But I do try to!!
Tucking in is definitely the go. I try and pile as much of me as possible behind the screen, keep those elbow right in too.

But question re helmet design ... the Bell I acquired recently is no where near as good as the Reevu, visibility wise with head right down in tuck. Keep having to pop head up every few seconds to see if I've run out of straight yet. Plus eyeballs are strained trying to look through the top of my head. Maybe lack of flexibility on my part from old neck injury, or common problem?