Thread: Jack's 82kg bike ...

Jack's 82kg bike ...

Take a look around Jack Miller’s Moto3 machine
    All the details you need to know about the Moto3 Championship leader’s Red Bull KTM Ajo bike.

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...iller-ktm-bike

The KTM RC250GP: Fast Facts
    Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 249.5cc, single-cylinder
    Power: 50bhp@13,000rpm
    Torque: 28 Nm@ 11,000rpm
    Transmission: Cassette-type six-speed gearbox
    Electronics: Adjustable traction control, launch control, fuel mapping, ignition mapping, pit lane limiter, interface for data recording
    Chassis: Tubular steel with carbonfibre subframe, adjustable swingarm pivot
    Suspension: WP fork and shock, adjustable for preload, compression damping and rebound damping (separate adjustments for high- and low-speed damping)
    Brakes: Double 290mm discs (front) with radial-mount calipers, single 190mm disc (rear) with radial-mount caliper
    Wheels and tyres: 17-inch forged aluminium wheels, Dunlop slicks, 95/75-R17 (front), 115/75-R17 (rear)
    Fuel tank capacity: 10.5 litres
    Weight without fuel: 82kg
    Cost: €45,000

Always wondered why you need TC on a little bike

That dash looks stock ???

In the full tuck pictured there is no way he can see directly ahead ... in the smaller classes it becomes even more important to get the right aerodynamic body position. Why don't helmet manufacturers make a wider (vertically) view. I know there are safety considerations ... but the other side of the risk is your chance of running into bike in front is higher if you can't see him. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    That dash looks stock ???

In the full tuck pictured there is no way he can see directly ahead ... in the smaller classes it becomes even more important to get the right aerodynamic body position. Why don't helmet manufacturers make a wider (vertically) view. I know there are safety considerations ... but the other side of the risk is your chance of running into bike in front is higher if you can't see him. ???
    It looks almost exactly like the dash on my Aprilia, although the white tacho background is black on the Ape. Might be where it gets launch control from, too??

And I too have never understood why all helmets are so poor at vertical viewspace when in a racing tuck. Personally I've struggled with it all my years of racing, and I'd happily give up half my peripheral viewing angle for more vertical vision.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It looks almost exactly like the dash on my Aprilia, although the white tacho background is black on the Ape. Might be where it gets launch control from, too??

And I too have never understood why all helmets are so poor at vertical viewspace when in a racing tuck. Personally I've struggled with it all my years of racing, and I'd happily give up half my peripheral viewing angle for more vertical vision.
    Try the AGV corsa, I tried it on in MCAS a few weeks back and was blown away. I pulled it down as low as possible on my head and I still couldnt see the top of the helmet when crouched in a tucked position trying to look foward. Vertical vision was one of the things they took in to consideration when designing it and fuck did they nail it ... now I just need money ...
    The AGV GP-tech I'm running at the moment has to be one of the worst for vertical vision but it just fits me so damn perfectly.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Good tip, Mick, thanks mate I will try one next time I'm in the area.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Jack's 82kg bike ...

I got a AGV corsa, hands down best helmet I've ever put on. The vision is mind blowing and the fit is incredible. The first lap out of the pits with it I panicked and thought I'd gone out without my helmet on!!. My size is a medium-large (half size), farking amazing.

They make a more expensive CF shell'd version that Rossi etc run

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Try the AGV corsa, I tried it on in MCAS a few weeks back and was blown away. I pulled it down as low as possible on my head and I still couldnt see the top of the helmet when crouched in a tucked position trying to look foward. Vertical vision was one of the things they took in to consideration when designing it and fuck did they nail it ... now I just need money ...
    The AGV GP-tech I'm running at the moment has to be one of the worst for vertical vision but it just fits me so damn perfectly.
    Thanks Mick ... that is number one on my Xmas list! Current helmets are getting a bit manky after three years anyway.

Loving that carbon/Aramid bodywork they run, shmiko!!!! and the electrical connectors they are running are super super super exxy..... like, do i buy spare bike? or a few connectors? exxy

Thread Information