Thread: How do you ride a bike?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After reading that, maybe swapping for a 250 might not be a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    After reading that, maybe swapping for a 250 might not be a bad idea
    Everyone should learn to ride an underpowered bike fast, before getting on a modern weapon (often with heaps of mods) and relying on the ridiculously good acceleration and braking to get faster without learning to corner fast. That's why 250 production racing back in the 90's was so good for producing so many world class riders.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Everyone should learn to ride an underpowered bike fast, before getting on a modern weapon (often with heaps of mods) and relying on the ridiculously good acceleration and braking to get faster without learning to corner fast. That's why 250 production racing back in the 90's was so good for producing so many world class riders.
    That's my motto Good fun punting an old underpowered bike around. Has certainly made me a better rider doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    So how long is this supposed to take ... I've been on a lower powered bike for the last 15+ years and still struggle .... maybe it just me :(

Thread Information