Thread: Pirelli

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So the SCX is classified as a hard tyre Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So the SCX is classified as a hard tyre Nick?
    Hard/cold tyre. The SC0 is the soft, hot weather tyre, SC1 is a medium, and the SC2 is harder, for cold weather and/or abrasive surfaces. The X is beyond the 2, but I haven't seen a Pirelli compound guide that includes the X. Previously there was only a PI compound, but according to the homologation list, there's a different X compound for other tracks.

For the rears, Pirelli do their compounds like Dunlop. Soft is for hot weather, hard is for cold.

The reverse for the front:

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hard/cold tyre. The SC0 is the soft, hot weather tyre, SC1 is a medium, and the SC2 is harder, for cold weather and/or abrasive surfaces. The X is beyond the 2, but I haven't seen a Pirelli compound guide that includes the X. Previously there was only a PI compound, but according to the homologation list, there's a different X compound for other tracks.

For the rears, Pirelli do their compounds like Dunlop. Soft is for hot weather, hard is for cold.

The reverse for the front:

Roger! Kinda nice Bridgestone only gives you two choices. Sometimes, less is more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Roger! Kinda nice Bridgestone only gives you two choices. Sometimes, less is more!
    In this case I think it is Kris, the medium VO 2 I have used from 10 c thru to 40 c and they are good for atleast 1.34's that I know of ( Brad 23) Really good tyre

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    In this case I think it is Kris, the medium VO 2 I have used from 10 c thru to 40 c and they are good for atleast 1.34's that I know of ( Brad 23) Really good tyre
    Give it a crack this weekend!

Kris, I am using Dunlop 886 rear (4) and the French 302 front at the moment only because I know from the superbikes they are good for 30's in the right hands. So I can rule tyres out of the going faster equation. Bridges tones may well be good for 30's to but the best I have heard is 34's because of the limited guys on them.

Thread Information