Thread: 26th full circuit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Ha that was a great day everyone!!! Sssshhh dont tell stu23, but i could have actually had a go at passing him into turn 6!!! (im faster than him from 6 through the new section) Stuck with dad "pushing" (obviously not quite up to speed) for about 4 laps then got stuck in traffic! Thanks to Nelso for the tips and watching me ride/giving me something to follow (have you seen Oggy's photos on fb??). Passed Alex Cudlin twice!!!! (he was coaching, but it still counts) Also, Mum and Sisters timing has always been accurate and they got me at 2:13 with traffic!! SOOOO Stoked with that improvement as i was doing 2:18's last time and its only my 5th time ever on a Roadbike!!
    Great going Carl, your times have tumbled. Must have been the tow I gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Great going Carl, your times have tumbled. Must have been the tow I gave you.
    Most definitely was the tow, it helped me turn later and harder... I never had me knee down on every corner in the new section before (all the way from 6 to Old 8).
    Even when Nelso started to chase Alex and Stu23, they were moving away from me but i still had something to chase. I just need to get past the traffic a bit quicker to keep up.

Hope the bikes OK Nick, damage doesn't look too bad... Turn 5 claimed quite a few bikes over the 3 days.

And Chubb, your just getting quicker and quicker, team up with someone and get the to follow you/you follow them. Its invaluable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    And Chubb, your just getting quicker and quicker, team up with someone and get the to follow you/you follow them. Its invaluable!!
    Yes and no..

getting a tow only gets you so far.. I was having a good chat with Wade about this on Sunday.

It helps because you get to watch what the faster riders are doing (lines, braking and turn points etc - I was watching Sean Condon and Aaron Morris for like one or two corners then they are gone!) so you can emulate their lines etc.

It doesn't help because their bike is different from yours, what they are doing might be slightly different to how they are on the bike whether you have to feel like everything is rushed to keep up with the faster rider.

You might be able to keep up when you're rushing everything going brake brake brake brake gas gas gas gas and nothing is kept smooth and you get the odd 2.05s here and there but no consistency and possibility of crashing is high.

The 4th and 5th sessions for me the tyre was spinning and spitting and I was getting the shits and doing 2.09s 2.10s
    After Wade and I talked he told me to just be smooth and concentrate but stay relaxed.
    6th session with pretty much tyre past the wear markers, I just went out with Mick J and went meh I'll just have some fun and we were banging out 2.07s-2.08s. I didn't feel like I was trying at all and I still had some in reserve incase of anything that might happen on the track.

p.s the you isn't actually aimed at you its more in general of what I think anyway.. my 2 cents

Thread Information