Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
well I talked with Senator about getting one of those replay ones..

I borrowed the gopro on Sat and was thinking of getting another but they're bloody exxy for what they are!!!
You get what you pay for.

The LI are great in many ways - picture quality is fantastic, and the sticky mounts are better than GoPro. They are small and light. But the 'covers' were designed by imbeciles - they don't actually attach to the camera!!!! Fuck me; who would've thought that you'd want a protective cover that actually PROTECTS the camera. Engineers need not apply...

And the buttons are waaaay too small and hard to press. You've got to hold in the 'on' button for some length of time to turn it on, then you have to WAIT(!!!!!) some further length of time (undetermined) before you can press the 'record' button. HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's seriously the dumbest fucking thing I have ever encountered in an electronic consumer product outside of an Apple device.

Imagine someone wanting to use a VIDEO CAMERA to, oh I dunno, RECORD VIDEO?!?!?!? And not be able to do it with one press of a button. Or, failing that, even two presses in succession. But to have to WAIT between presses is just FUCKING NUTS. It doesn't even indicate when the waiting period is up - you have to guess. And the penalty for getting it wrong is missing out on recording your only race win of the weekend!!

Plus you can't read the screen to save your life. So it doesn't start recording, or runs out of battery, or the card is full at the critical moment and you can't FUCKING tell.

Whew. Sorry about that. I feel better now.