Thread: Lithium battery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok ... now it flat how do I recharge it ... can't find the instructions quick bursty on 4 amp charger or trickle

Looks like Frankie has a charging issue ... and Lithium Batteries get me 1 1/2 laps of Broadford notice from stutter full noise to won't start the fuel pump of course that assume that is the issue (battery shows red light) still haven't unloaded after lasts nights drive

Over all my lap times 3-4sec were down but was using a stuffed rear tyre (no 180/55 available - ended up swapping down to the more 4.5" rim correct 160/60) will have a proper practice day on Friday week in MtGambier and maybe set the suspension up a bit

When he work it was nice came out of crash a couple of times with the front wheel just coming up a couple of inches ... really nice but can't get off the start line cleanly yet - which didn't help lap times as I was stuffing around with a couple of slower guys for the 1st lap or 2 or 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Ok ... now it flat how do I recharge it ... can't find the instructions quick bursty on 4 amp charger or trickle
    Either is ok. The important bit is to not overcharge it, and to not use a desulfate-type lead acid charger, you know that pulses and shit to recondition flattened lead acid batteries. Some fancy trickle chargers are exactly this type and should be avoided (eg C-tek(sp?)). That'll fuck your lipo up real fast. A normal charger is usually fine, but don't use a 'boost' setting.

Generic instructions here: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Either is ok.
    Ta for that - so 15 - 30 mins on the 4amp $20 dicksmith charge should be cool

Thread Information