Thread: Bike Build Thread - Skywalker (A New Hope)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I knew they were good just finding someone who actually had had 1st experience with them and could point me towards someone who would be able to service/set them up for me seemed to be an uphill battle at that stage.

Ended up getting the Mattris off Epis of all people!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post

Ended up getting the Mattris off Epis of all people!
    Awesome!! I love the Matris gear too. Of all the aftermarket stuff I've seen, theirs seems to have the best finish.
    Hope to try them out one day. Let us know what you think!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Awesome!! I love the Matris gear too.
    Me too! I have it on my racebike.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Me too! I have it on my racebike.
    Me three! But then again I only have OEM stuff to compare them to

The bike is really starting to take shape now and one of my least favourite jobs to do, is the most rewarding to look at when it's done.. NEW FAIRINGS!!
    My 2013 ones were pretty scruffy after a recent off, so I took the opportunity to order a second set to match the 2017.
    Stage one was the tank and tail fit up....

This allowed fitment of the new stomp grips and some adhesive backed foam, cut out for the seat....

Then fit up the uppers, screens, bellypans , front fenders, add some race numbers then we're almost good to go!!

Still a few more things to go tho, so next up was fitting right-angle valves to the new rims...

Then the re-built Brembo calipers with Vesrah pads, Titanium caliper bolts and braided lines from Hel Australia.

Another shiny new delivery this week just landed from Japan. The forged Galespeed VRC front brake master cylinder!!
    I've loved the Brembo 19RCS on the past few builds but the Galespeed is apparently a step up again, from there!
    The oem brakes on the BMW are already amazingly good, so I just can't wait to feel how the Galespeed goes!

With the MC good to go, I could fit up the newly modified quick-throw e-throttle and right hand side racing controls from JetPrime...

Again, these buttons are a huge leap forward from the oem block. Really rugged housing that will certainly withstand the rigours of racing, and super speedy fitment/changeover too!
    Last up for this section was swapping out the oem grip with some Renthal race grips, and a Brembo low profile reservoir.

BOOOM!! Is it time to go racing yet????!

Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information