Thread: Do you bother blipping on downshifts if you have a slipper clutch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What's a slipper clutch?? Sounds a bit too fancy for my liking

Someone asked this on FB recently so I went and checked some of my track footage. Turns out sometimes I do, especially when leant over or if I'm not braking hard, but I don't tend to under heavy brakes (i.e. T4 and T10 at Phillip Island). Gives me more focus and control on braking I feel, which seems to work as braking is about my only strong point. Like Zoidberg, I modulate the clutch myself to keep the rear from skipping.

Never blip on the road bike though, except to sound cool and impress other boy racers
    Last edited by zooker; 05-09-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    What's a slipper clutch?? Sounds a bit too fancy for my liking

Someone asked this on FB recently so I went and checked some of my track footage. Turns out sometimes I do, especially when leant over or if I'm not braking hard, but I don't tend to under heavy brakes (i.e. T4 and T10 at Phillip Island). Gives me more focus and control on braking I feel, which seems to work as braking is about my only strong point. Like Zoidberg, I modulate the clutch myself to keep the rear from skipping.

Never blip on the road bike though, except to sound cool and impress other boy racers
    Is that you Geoff, I recognise your ancient R6 haha nah just kidding she's a beaut, I love taking photos of it.
    It's funny, I started blippin' on the road to look cool, so much so that it became second nature. Then I started questioning wether I was just wasting my time since both my bikes have slippers!
    Eastern Creek & Wakefield Photos: facebook.com/wilsonphotomedia

Thread Information