Thread: St George MCC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Couldn't agree more! I reckon the grid should be capped at 40. 3 bikes to a row, and each row about three times further apart than currently. Looking down on the grid, the actual physical distance between 1st and 50th is, like, 20 metres, with 50 bikes in between. It's MASSIVELY too consolidated into too-small a space. Look at motoGP (and I know their spacing is more about making the grid look artificially fuller) but the spacing is very considerable, which is great for safety.
    Devils advocate here but why 40? Bigger spacing might help with start line incidents but I don't know capping grids is the answer. Big grids make the first lap pretty... interesting but after that things break into groups and everyone has their little battles. Does 50 really make a difference to 40?

How do you work it out? First in? Qualifying? Preference to StG members?
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Devils advocate here but why 40? Bigger spacing might help with start line incidents but I don't know capping grids is the answer. Big grids make the first lap pretty... interesting but after that things break into groups and everyone has their little battles. Does 50 really make a difference to 40?

How do you work it out? First in? Qualifying? Preference to StG members?
    I've started from the back of grid and from the middle (sadly never close to the front other than RYM) and to me 10 less or 10 more wouldn't make that much of difference tbh... the spacing yes. That can actually change things as it would make it harder for ppl from other rows to catch up and overtake during the start. But it would also allow riders from further back to gather even more momentum before getting to T1 in comparison the riders who started at the front... so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I've started from the back of grid and from the middle (sadly never close to the front other than RYM) and to me 10 less or 10 more wouldn't make that much of difference tbh... the spacing yes. That can actually change things as it would make it harder for ppl from other rows to catch up and overtake during the start. But it would also allow riders from further back to gather even more momentum before getting to T1 in comparison the riders who started at the front... so there's that.
    They should probably back off if they are coming in too hot like you would at any other corner during any other time of the race. If riders don't and it compromises safety black flag them.
    do a burnout

R6
    I would like to see a couple spare flags at the start line so riders can volunteer in between races to watch and flag any mishaps from race start.
    I would be more then happy to do a few for everyones safety in between my races.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    They should probably back off if they are coming in too hot like you would at any other corner during any other time of the race. If riders don't and it compromises safety black flag them.
    Agree 100% but if everyone did what they should we wouldn't even need flaggies

i already asked the question and it is NOT available in fluro yellow :(
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Thread Information